GEOFENCY enables fully automatic location-based time recording on iPhone, iPad, Mac & Apple Watch, where manual check-in and check-out becomes an absurdity of the past. Arrival and departure times are automatically recorded as soon as you enter or leave an interesting place – it works like magic! Of course all very energy efficient, thanks to the latest Geofencing technologies! With the integrated webhook feature you can even trigger your home automation system as you arrive or leave (e.g. switch on the lights when coming home)!
Ideal for automatic monitoring of working hours, client visits, lunch breaks or the stays on your favorite places! GEOFENCY offers the easiest and most effective way to MONITOR your DURATION OF STAYS on interesting places. Unpleasant manual time recording was yesterday!
• Are you tired of having to write down working hours again and again?
• Fed up leaving the office absently, missed to check the clock?
• Can't you remember when you came or left your favorite places?
Let the iPhone or your Mac take over this nerve-racking time monitoring for you!
With GEOFENCY this is now possible in a smart and clever new way! Simply mark your points of interest on a map and leave the rest to Geofency!
GEOFENCY automatically tracks the times when you enter or leave your points of interest. Simply carry your iPhone in your pocket or bag with you. You will automatically receive extensive statistics and graphics over time!
Automatic Location-based Time Tracking – The (GEO)FANCY way!
• Automatic location-based time tracking - 24/7 time recording for your points of interest!
• Graphical visualization of your dwell times (by simply rotating your device to landscape) - with zoom!
• Rich statistics: Single-, Day-, Week- & Month-Summaries.
• Map-View: Manage your points of interest directly on a beautiful fullscreen map view.
• Add new locations in seconds – With just one tap!
• Runs completely in the background while trying to maintain good battery life!
• Automatic recognition when you enter or leave a place or region.
• Tags: To group places into tags.
• Webhook feature: Lets you control your home automation system to e.g. switch on lights as you arrive!
• Journaling feature: Automatic recognition of frequent visited places – to know exactly when you've been where and how long!
• Calendar-Export: Export events automatically into your calendar (iCloud, CalDAV & Exchange) – view your data comfortable even from Mac or PC!
• Today Widget: See the most interesting details right from the Notification Center with one swipe and be more productive!
• Apple Watch App!
• Export feature: Send time recordings via e.g. email in an Excel-friendly format!
• Export time data and use it directly in Excel, Numbers or Harvest!
Simple to use daily timesaver! You don't have to fiddle around with time recordings on yourself. Free your mind and just don't bother about manual time tracking anymore!
100% Private: Only YOU can see your data. We will never collect or share any information about you. We respect and care about the privacy of our users!
For the best and most accurate monitoring results, Wi-Fi and location services should always be enabled for Geofency.
Continued use of GPS in the background can significantly reduce battery life. Geofency was designed to use GPS very sparingly and never in the background. The app relies mostly on cell tower + Wi-Fi locations. This has been carefully chosen to get the best battery life.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
• "I had no idea that my iPhone could do such things!"
• "Beautiful, polished and elegant designed. Extremely simple to use."
• "Perhaps the most overall effective app available."
Find out more on our landing page: www.geofency.com
Sample-Scripts for easy webhook integration: www.geofency.com/geo.zip
• New: Color palette picker to change the tag color via context menu
• New: Custom color picker in the new tag view
• New: Checked-in suggested search
• New: Modernised and more compact look of the altimeter and location accuracy on the map
• New: Sharing several places is now available via toolbar during editing mode
• New: "New Monitoring" button to simplify the initial setup
• New: Improved status views of even lists starting macOS Sonoma
• New: Geofency will now be shown on the share sheet for vCard, KML, GPX + GeoJSON imports from other apps
• New: KML, GPX, GeoJSON or vCard files can now be dropped on the app icon
• New: Quick tip how to use beeceptor.com for testing webhooks
• New: The html export does now include the lookaround image (if available)
• New: Address search does now also support the area radius
• New: Warning dialog if notifications are disabled in the system settings
• New: Support for full calendar access privacy setting for the next major macOS release
• Changed: Improved centering of selected places during radius picker mode on the map
• Changed: Lookaround gets now only shown, if it is available for the selected place
• Changed: The map was entirely re-written in Swift
• Changed: Most parts of the app are now based on modern Swift and SwiftUI
• Fixed: KML import and truncated street names
• Fixed: The color picker did not open with the selected color
• Fixed: The tag picker could have rarely crashed
• Fixed: Gesture recogniser timing issue on map annotation views
If you like Geofency, please leave us a rating on the App Store. It helps a lot. If not, please send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Extremely accurate, works great with Hubitat
After trying multiple options for geopresence with minimal success in Hubitat, I installed Geofency. It works great! I am now able to increase the functionality of my smart home to include activities like locking the door when I leave, unlocking the door when I arrive, turning on house lights (only when dark) upon arrival, adjusting the thermostats when leaving and arriving (saves on utility bills), and setting my home’s security status based on my presence just to name a few. Automatically logging time spent at designated locations (which is a core function of Geofency) saves me from needing to manually log time spent at each individual location. What is also great is that the software does not use your personal data for their own personal gain unlike some others. If you’re looking for an excellent geopresence tool you absolutely must check out Geofency!! Don
Update: I’ve been using this app for a few years now and it is only gotten better. The developer is currently making an effort to improve the application. It works flawlessly and as advertised and I am very happy with my purchase. It runs in the background using little power, keeping track of your whereabouts in throughout the day You don't even realize it is running becasue you don't have to launch it. I've had it running for over a year and it has kept details about most every place I visit. I use it mostly to track doctors appt.'s. I have GeoFency remind me that I have arrived and not to forget to take notes and record a voice memo. It is a 10 star app in my book. Heck it could prove you were somewhere else when your Mother-in-law was egged and keep you out of jail. ;)
Significant locations requires work-around
Monitored locations still works, but after upgrading to a new iPhone the app refuses to update the significant locations. Re-installing didn't help either. May be an IOS 13 thing? And yes, the setting 'significant places' is on.
Update: did receive 2 responses from the developer - 2nd response fixed the issue:
1) Go to iOS Settings > Geofency > Location and change the setting from "Always" to "Never". In the view, go back one level for the setting to take effect, and then switch back to "Always“.
2) Go to iOS Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Significant Locations. Deactivate and activate the switch there and then restart the device once.
Started working after that for me!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Karl Heinz Herbel
- 3.8 MB
- Requires iOS 15.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.5 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.4 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013-2023 Tion
- In-App Purchases
- Large Coffee Tip $5.99
- Enormous Tip $12.99
- Small Coffee Tip $1.99
- Medium Coffee Tip $3.99
- Generous Tip $7.99