GEOFENCY enables fully automatic location-based time recording on iPhone, iPad, Mac & Apple Watch, where manual check-in and check-out becomes an absurdity of the past. Arrival and departure times are automatically recorded as soon as you enter or leave an interesting place – it works like magic! Of course all very energy efficient, thanks to the latest Geofencing technologies! With the integrated webhook feature you can even trigger your home automation system as you arrive or leave (e.g. switch on the lights when coming home)!
Ideal for automatic monitoring of working hours, client visits, lunch breaks or the stays on your favorite places! GEOFENCY offers the easiest and most effective way to MONITOR your DURATION OF STAYS on interesting places. Unpleasant manual time recording was yesterday!
• Are you tired of having to write down working hours again and again?
• Fed up leaving the office absently, missed to check the clock?
• Can't you remember when you came or left your favorite places?
Let the iPhone or your Mac take over this nerve-racking time monitoring for you!
With GEOFENCY this is now possible in a smart and clever new way! Simply mark your points of interest on a map and leave the rest to Geofency!
GEOFENCY automatically tracks the times when you enter or leave your points of interest. Simply carry your iPhone in your pocket or bag with you. You will automatically receive extensive statistics and graphics over time!
Automatic Location-based Time Tracking – The (GEO)FANCY way!
• Automatic location-based time tracking - 24/7 time recording for your points of interest!
• Graphical visualization of your dwell times (by simply rotating your device to landscape) - with zoom!
• Rich statistics: Single-, Day-, Week- & Month-Summaries.
• Map-View: Manage your points of interest directly on a beautiful fullscreen map view.
• Add new locations in seconds – With just one tap!
• Runs completely in the background while trying to maintain good battery life!
• Automatic recognition when you enter or leave a place or region.
• Webhook feature: Lets you control your home automation system to e.g. switch on lights as you arrive!
• Journaling feature: Automatic recognition of frequent visited places – to know exactly when you've been where and how long!
• Calendar-Export: Export events automatically into your calendar (iCloud, CalDAV & Exchange) – view your data comfortable even from Mac or PC!
• Today Widget: See the most interesting details right from the Notification Center with one swipe and be more productive!
• Apple Watch App!
• Export feature: Send time recordings via e.g. email in an Excel-friendly format!
• Export time data and use it directly in Excel, Numbers or Harvest!
Simple to use daily timesaver! You don't have to fiddle around with time recordings on yourself. Free your mind and just don't bother about manual time tracking anymore!
100% Private: Only YOU can see your data. We will never collect or share any information about you. We respect and care about the privacy of our users!
For the best and most accurate monitoring results, Wi-Fi and location services should always be enabled for Geofency.
Continued use of GPS in the background can significantly reduce battery life. Geofency was designed to use GPS very sparingly and never in the background. The app relies mostly on cell tower + Wi-Fi locations. This has been carefully chosen to get the best battery life.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
• "I had no idea that my iPhone could do such things!"
• "Beautiful, polished and elegant designed. Extremely simple to use."
• "Perhaps the most overall effective app available."
Find out more on our landing page: www.geofency.com
Sample-Scripts for easy webhook integration: www.geofency.com/geo.zip
• New: Search suggestions – After selecting the search bar, predefined suggestions are now available.
• New: "Wi-Fi only" setting under the webhooks to send a webhook only if the device is connected to Wi-Fi.
• New: The pitch control is now supported on the map view (macOS Big Sur).
• New: The follow current position mode can now also be activated via toolbar in the map window (macOS Big Sur).
• Changed: Improved layout of interface controls on the map (macOS Big Sur).
• Various improvements regarding usability, stability and performance.
If you like Geofency, please leave us a rating on the App Store. It helps a lot. If not, please send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Significant locations requires work-around
Monitored locations still works, but after upgrading to a new iPhone the app refuses to update the significant locations. Re-installing didn't help either. May be an IOS 13 thing? And yes, the setting 'significant places' is on.
Update: did receive 2 responses from the developer - 2nd response fixed the issue:
1) Go to iOS Settings > Geofency > Location and change the setting from "Always" to "Never". In the view, go back one level for the setting to take effect, and then switch back to "Always“.
2) Go to iOS Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Significant Locations. Deactivate and activate the switch there and then restart the device once.
Started working after that for me!
MUCH better than expected
I have been using this for 12 weeks to track my arrival and departure from work and I have not experienced a single inaccuracy. Being able to view day, week and months separately is excellent. An unexpected convenience is merging “events” together. In this example the “events” are my time at a location. Let’s say your phone dies while logging time at a location. Well, you can merge the two “events” together (before phone died and after phone turned back on) with a simple click. Suggestions for improvement include modification of the week start day (my company uses Saturday) and to a lesser extent the week numbers (my company week #1 occurs in February). Overall I am quite impressed with this app.
This app delivers as described! Crisp & clean. Well planned and executed. Below are additional thoughts to consider.
Goal: use app + iBeacons to measure the time I spend in each of 10 rooms (10ft x 12ft) & at 1 nursing station (in hallway) at my office. After researching, this app is best.
Problem: for reliable iBeacon signal (low enough error) across the distance of the room, the necessary power setting is high enough to produce a signal that can be regularly detected outside of the appropriate room and cause a false Clock-in event 😥.
Suggestions: (1) any existing work-arounds or suggestions anyone might have would be appreciated; (2) allow a user set signal strength threshold to define a true-positive clock-in event and exclude false events (signals less than this threshold are disregarded);(3) filter out the signals with higher frequency of errors (similar to #2, but a little diff); (4) allow user defined “ONLY 1 CLOCK-IN LOCATION AT A TIME” and only a better signal would cause a clock-out + clock-in event.
Thanks, and hope some of those changes can be made to help use the app to the best of its abilities.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Karl Heinz Herbel
- 1.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013-2021 Tion
- In-App Purchases
- Large Coffee Tip $3.99
- Medium Coffee Tip $2.99
- Small Coffee Tip $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.