Just Press Record is the ultimate audio recorder bringing one tap recording, transcription and iCloud syncing to all your devices. You can edit your audio and transcriptions right inside the app and even start a new recording completely hands-free with Siri!
Life is full of moments we would rather not forget - like your child’s first words, an important meeting or spontaneous idea. Capture these moments effortlessly on iPhone, iPad, Mac or for ultimate convenience, Apple Watch.
• One tap to start, stop, pause and resume recording.
• Start recording from Shortcuts, Siri, the Dock icon, the Widget or via the URL scheme.
• Unlimited recording time.
• Select a fixed sample rate, such as 44.1 kHz, or use your Mac’s current audio settings.
• Record to WAV, AIF or standard iTunes M4A (ACC).
• Seek backwards and forwards during playback.
• Adjustable playback speed.
• Turn speech into searchable text.
• Support for over 30 languages, independent of your device's language setting.
• Synchronized text highlighting and audio playback.
• Format as you record with punctuation command recognition.
• Audio - visualise your audio in the waveform view and cut out the parts you don’t need.
• Text - make corrections and add new text to your transcriptions.
• Share audio and text to other apps.
• Share easily to social media as a video clip.
• Print a hard copy of your transcripts.
• Import audio files.
• View recent recordings or browse your library by date and time.
• Search by filename or transcription content.
• Rename recordings.
• Add a badge to the app icon showing the number of unplayed recordings.
• Choose to store recordings in iCloud Drive or in the Documents folder on your Mac.
• Recordings stored in iCloud Drive automatically sync across all your devices.
• Transcriptions are stored within the audio file.
• VoiceOver support throughout the app.
• Just Press Record does not record calls or audio from other apps.
• Transcription requires a good, clean audio signal. Avoid recording in noisy environments and ensure the microphone is positioned close to the source.
• URL scheme implemented by Just Press Record can be found on our FAQ page.
Updated for macOS Sonoma.
The Widget is more interactive on macOS Sonoma, letting you start and stop recording and see the elapsed duration.
Just Press Record will never interrupt you to ask for a review - we don’t like being interrupted either! However, Mac App Store ratings and reviews are important, so if you are enjoying Just Press Record and have a spare minute, we’d be delighted if you could leave a rating or review on the Mac App Store. Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
It’s a snap to use, love the Cloud sync
I’ve had the app on my phone, watch and laptop since last summer, and it has been a real game changer in terms of capturing ideas, and to do items on the fly. I have a little complication on one of my watch faces and several times a day I press it to capture some random thing that pops into my brain. I have a reminder that pops up on my phone each morning so that I remember to open the app either on my phone or my computer and paste the transcriptions to my to do list. I agree with other reviews that the laptop app could use some work. The layout isn’t super intuitive, and for some reason it can take a while for the laptop app to find the recordings that are uploaded to the cloud. they do have a place in the preferences under the advanced tab where you can re-index recordings, and that often helps. Except when it doesn’t. I know people like apps like this to be free, but this is so worth the money.
I absolutely like this app. I'm using it right now to write this review. It seems silly, but it's totally awesome to have constant dictation working , Recording in the background even. I can just keep talking and talking, and when I'm done recording I can get a transcription of what I said. This is the only apple I've seen that doesn't offer a subscription just to use their transcription features, or doesn't continue to ask you to purchase even more other software, or have annoying ads on it. Just a one time purchase, and you're good to go. I absolutely like the Apple Watch version of this app. I can record anytime I want to , From my watch, easily and quickly. I also like that the i WhatsApp is accessible with voiceover, as well as the iPhone app. I am blind, and having this app around to transcribe long pieces of what I want to see without stopping, without interrupting i am currently thinking or what I want to see, it's totally awesome. This is totally the best app out there on the App Store. It uses Apple's speech recognition functionality. Which means you have to say punctuation marks etc. when you're dictating. Just as if you were dictating on a text box with your iPhone.
Not going to mince words here-but I do not regret purchasing this app at all! I’m blind as a bat but I was able to figure this app out after I downloaded it a few days ago. It met my expectations. It’s really cool & thoughtful of the app developers to make sure that it’s fully supported by voiceover. Too bad not many developers Think about people like me who have a disability. It’s user-friendly and like I said well worth the price. Just have a few suggestions-In future updates maybe it would be possible to make categories for the recordings. Create folders within folders. Append to existing recordings even if some time has passed before you decide to add to the recording. Add more export options. Make more import options. Lastly, add more to the languages selection. I’m Filipino and sometimes I have to dictate or talk to someone or record a conversation in Filipino but it’s not supported. Otherwise it’s a great app and you guys did a good job. Kudos and a big thumbs up! Hope you’ll hear my suggestions out and consider them. Have a great day!😃😉
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Open Planet Software Limited
- 4.1 MB
- Requires iOS 15.6 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.6 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.6 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.5 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Open Planet Software Ltd.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.