Perfect Tempo lets you speed up or slow down any song on your iPhone or Apple Music without affecting pitch.
It's an ideal practice tool for musicians and dancers. Play along or dance to any song at the speed you want without losing fidelity.
Access over 50 million songs directly on Apple Music*, play from your iPhone’s Music Library or from iCloud, Dropbox and other cloud services.
You can even change the tempo of any of your recordings made in Just Press Record!
Learn any song at your own speed.
Repeat any section of the song to practice a particular passage.
Rip your backing track CDs and play along to them at your own speed.
Practice your routine at the speed you want.
Put any section of the music on repeat to learn complicated steps.
* Fine control over playback tempo in 1% increments with a simple slider.
* Search for and play any song from the entire Apple Music catalog *(Apple Music subscription required).
* Direct access to all the songs you already have in your iPhone’s Music Library.
* Import backing tracks and other audio files stored on cloud services such as iCloud Drive and Dropbox.
* Direct access to all your recordings made in our app Just Press Record.
* Repeat the whole song or just one section to make practicing tricky sections easier.
* Quickly access your 'Recently Played' songs.
* Use your Apple Watch to control tempo, volume and repeat right from your wrist.
* AirPlay support for output to wireless speakers or Apple TV.
* Change the key (transpose up or down) of locally stored DRM-free songs imported into the app or from your iPhone’s Music Library.
Now called Perfect Tempo! We thought this name better reflects what you get with the app!
This major update introduces:
* Access to the entire Apple Music catalog as well as all your songs in iCloud, Dropbox and other cloud services.
* Now you can choose to repeat the whole song or just one section to make practice easier.
* An elegant new UI.
Perfect Tempo will never interrupt you to ask for a review - we don’t like being interrupted either! However, App Store ratings and reviews are important, so if you are enjoying Perfect Tempo and have a spare minute, we’d be delighted if you could leave a rating or review on the App Store. Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
Oh my God
Never do I really write reviews for app but this one is a little different. I listen to hundreds of different genres weekly to provide the most amount of variety. This app adds an entirely new element to that. I’ve been listening to my RnB and Lo-Fi playlist now for HOURS because of this app. Just buy it, oh my goodness
Does exactly what I need
I've got a lower voice than most of the artists whose songs I like. As a result, sometimes it's hard to sing along belt out the tunes, because there are parts I just can't hit. This app let's me easily drop the pitch to a key more manageable for me. Also changes tempo simply, but I haven't had need for that feature.
Latest update destroyed primary functionality
I downloaded this app a couple years ago and used it almost daily for its pitch shifting abilities. I have no idea why y’all got rid of that. The new design is clunky and ugly as well. I’m super disappointed with this update, I really hope the pitch change ability is restored soon, otherwise I’m uninstalling.
Developer Response ,
You can still change the key of any song that you have downloaded to your device providing it does not contain DRM. This is the same as the previous version. Because we now can play Apple Music songs that do contain DRM, many songs do not support being transposed. So we decided to hide the pitch changing controls by default. To enable these controls, use the Settings app, locate the Perfect Tempo section and switch on ‘Show Transposition Controls’. When enabled, these controls can be accessed by swiping left on the album artwork on the playback screen in Perfect Tempo.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.