Grab is Southeast Asia's #1 ride-hailing app, food delivery service, and cashless payment solution all in one. Get the most convenient booking service for private cars and taxis from the largest community of drivers in the region, food delivery from your favourite restaurants to satisfy any craving, and cashless payments in-app and at merchants across the city. Whatever you need, Grab has you covered.
Grab's wide selection of services are available in 8 Southeast Asian countries (services vary by city):
• JustGrab: Get the nearest car or taxi at an affordable upfront fixed fare
• GrabCar, GrabCar 6: Affordable everyday private car or luxury ride; ride solo or with a crew up to 3 or 6; book a single ride or rent by the hour
• GrabBike: On-demand bike service; best choice to beat traffic quickly and safely
• GrabTaxi: Get a taxi with an upfront fixed fare wherever you are, whenever you want
• GrabShare: Share a ride with another party headed in the same direction and save money
• GrabTrike: Three-wheeled transport option which provides convenience and flexibility with upfront fixed fares
• GrabHitch: Social carpooling; Schedule your ride in advance and get a shared lift
• GrabFamily: Family-friendly ride with a child booster seat for your little ones
• GrabAssist: Extra assistance ride for seniors or people with disabilities
• GrabCoach: Book a minivan or bus whenever, wherever you need it
• GrabFood: Order from your favourite restaurant and get meals delivered to your doorstep
• GrabExpress: Affordable, fast and reliable courier service with insurance for your items
• GrabFresh: Handpicked groceries delivered from store to door within an hour or at a scheduled time
• GrabPay: A safe and secure mobile wallet where you can easily pay for your rides, food delivery, and at local merchants with just a few taps on the Grab app
• GrabRewards: Earn rewards points for every dollar you spend and use them to redeem awesome deals in the GrabRewards catalogue
• GrabWheels: It’s the new, fun, eco-friendly way to travel. Try it today!
Some say bugs are the future of food: They are rich in protein and can be sustainably produced for mass consumption. In fact, some 2 billion humans on the planet eat bugs as part of their diet. But when the bug is in an app, we won't want you to eat it. And we certainly won't try to make more of it.
Update your Grab to 5.67 to get rid of bugs from your everyday app experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Really Great App with a few shortcomings
Love many features of the app: Just Grab is great, car options are very diverse, and love the ability to add multiple destinations for a trip. Grab also has a very easy messaging interface, and seemingly better GPS than Uber. Plus, the reward program is AWESOME.
The one major objection is that you can't cancel a request once made and before a car is assigned. The only way to TRY to cancel a request is to shut down the app and even then I still sometimes get assigned a car after the app has been closed. You can only cancel once a car is assigned, which you get penalised for - this seems a bit unfair. Uber allows you to cancel mid-request which is helpful on both the passenger and driver side.
Also, it would be great to see an ETA during the trip as Uber has. To know my ETA with Grab I have to track on my own by GPS.
Bugs with new updates
I like this app so this is all to help improve.
The recent payment update caused me to say thanks and walk away from my drivers car while he was expecting cash. My credit card was no longer being used for rides without any notice. He had to run me down and thought I was trying to not pay. I had to use cash for a day before I had time to go through the new pay system sign up. When I tap “Learn more about the Grab pay credits”, it takes me to a webpage that can’t be found, so I’m not sure if my card on file will be used again now or if it expects me to top up like a SIM card. Also the grab rewards new sign up process keeps freezing on the last step (entering date of birth).
Minor suggestions from before update:
* GPS is usually inaccurate by a short distance
* Raising rates for drivers or being able to tip in-app should be added asap.
* A standardized picture of the vehicle should appear by the driver picture. This will help everyone, but especially foreigners to spot a car when they don’t know the regional makes and models of vehicles.
* Being able to give public compliments or favorite drivers to use again in the future. More incentives for good drivers.
More than likely to save you money in Thailand taxi fares
First time to Thailand and stayed in the Bangkok area for 5 days. Unless you’re a local and/ or lucky, you probably won’t find better taxi fares in Thailand unless you use this app. I’ve gotten taxi fares cheaper than a lot of tuk tuks, using this app. Yes there’s ads but how do you think a free app remains free?? You may sometimes experience long wait times (15-20 min) because not only traffic at time of request, but it seems like the taxis available from the app are not as plentiful as say Uber in other big cities around the world- so you may see increased fare prices due to high demand. I still say 5 stars because this app has done what it has advertised and what it has been designed to do. Plus it saved me some money too.
- GRABTAXI HOLDINGS PTE. LTD.
- 444.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Burmese, Cambodian, Indonesian, Malay, Simplified Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © GrabTaxi Holdings
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.