Weather Mate - NOAA Radar Maps 4+
Local Forecast & Storm Alerts
DylogicApps Pvt Ltd
- Offers In-App Purchases
Meet Weather Mate. The most hyperlocal, accurate and beautiful weather app on the app store. It combines cutting edge weather forecasting with beautifully crafted UI design to deliver the most accurate climate information suitable for both basic and advanced users.
What differentiates Weather Mate from the crowd of other weather apps on the app store?
LOCAL, LOCAL, HYPERLOCAL
Weather Mate uses weather data from the industry leader Weather Underground & The Weather Channel to guarantee that you get the most accurate & reliable weather forecast. But that's not all. Weather Mate uses the network of 250,000+ PERSONAL WEATHER STATIONS in addition to the Automated Surface Observation System (ASOS) stations located at airports around the globe to provide the most localized weather data. You have the option to choose the weather station which is closest to your home or work.
• Current weather conditions from the local weather station
• 15-Day daily forecast containing textual summary for the day & night
• Hourly forecast for each hour of the next 15 days containing detailed weather information at each interval
• Weather widget for the lock screen notification center
• Apple Watch app with customizable complications
• Choose the Personal or Airport weather station which is closest to your desired area, to get the most localized weather data. Or you can use Composite weather station, which incorporates aggregated weather data from the network of nearby weather stations in addition to geography and elevation to derive accurate current conditions for any location.
• Live Interactive Radar & Satellite, to go with 20+ other Map Layers.
• Severe Weather Alerts Notifications to keep you ahead of bad weather coming your way
• Push temperature alerts right on your home screen icon's badge. Stay updated about the weather even when not running the app!
• Detailed Weather History dating back to several decades for any worldwide location.
• Travel Planner feature to assist you plan your trip to any location based on its historical climate summary between any specified dates
• Detailed Air Quality data including current, hourly / daily forecast, & historical readings. Also view Pollutant concentrations & Health recommendations
• Weather Almanac feature: View daily & monthly weather almanac for any location
• NWS Area Forecast Discussion feature (USA Only)
• Weather Radio feature: Listen to live NOAA All Hazards Weather Radio for USA / Canadian locations
• World clock showing the local time for each of your chosen locations
• Share your weather screen with friends
Comprehensive Apple Watch app, notifications & colorful complications for your watch face. Fast complications updates to always keep your watch face current. Option to customize your complications to any weather parameters of your preference.
DETAILED WEATHER INFO
• Current Temperature / Feels Like Temperature
• Today's High & Low Temperatures
• Weather Description / Icon
• Wind Speed, Gust and Direction
• Chance of Precipitation
• Precipitation Rate, Today's Precipitation Accumulation
• Rain Accumulation (Last 1, 6 & 24 Hours)
• Snow Accumulation (Last 1, 6 & 24 Hours)
• Barometric Pressure
• Cloud Cover
• Wind Chill
• Heat Index
• Dew Point
• UV Index
• Sunrise Time
• Sunset Time
• Moonrise Time
• Moonset Time
• Moon Age
• Moon Illumination
• Moon Phase
INTERACTIVE WEATHER MAP LAYERS
• Animated Radar including Past & Future modes
• Animated Satellite including Past & Future modes
• Storm Tracks
• Weather Fronts
• Animated Dew Point
• Animated Temperature
• Animated Wind Speed
• Animated UV Index
• Severe Weather Alerts
• Weather Stations
• Active Fires (with Smoke Cover)
• Sea / Oceans Surface Temperature
We never sell your location data to anyone
• We have fixed an issue due to which severe weather alerts details were not showing up for some of the locations.
• General performance & speed improvements.
Thank you for all the feedback submitted through your emails. We're still working on several new features which will be available in the next versions. If you like the app & the progress we're making, please show us your support by submitting a review on the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
After the original Storm got sold off and shut down I tried multiple weather apps, a bunch, and finally settled on WeatherMate. The app hasn’t let me down since! It’s accurate, as much as it can be expected in the mountains anyhow, hard to predict what the weather will do here precisely, especially in the microclimate areas, but overall does very well with it. Plenty of features as well. I do have an issue now though, not with the app but the ads. Some of the new ads have no way of closing them. They are excessively long as well, but getting through them all the way doesn’t offer a solution to exit out of the window. In the past these have popped up and I believe WeatherMate has taken them down quickly, please get this new batch off screen so I can keep enjoying this wonderful app, thank you!
Update: the ads got fixed not long after my original comment. This app was really good at predicting the weather, but lately has been quite off. I’m not sure if they’ve switched to a new algorithm or what, but I haven’t been able to rely on this app these first couple months of 2023. I’ll stick with it though and see if something changes.
Terrific weather & radar app!
If you’re like me - a former loyal user of the Storm app, which was abandoned recently, you have found your new weather home. This is the first app I’ve found that is as good or even better in some cases as the original Storm app. You’ll find everything of what you loved about Storm here. And the interface is much better. Easier. It’s got more potential. Weather Mate has all the bells and whistles I was accustom to in Storm and MORE!! Stuff like Radar, Pressure Fronts, Storm Tracks, Lightning & much more. You won't find them in any other app now. I’ve spent a lot of time and money evaluating almost all weather apps on the app store & concluded that Weather Mate beats the competition fair & square. Most importantly, the people running this seem like they actually care about their users, and will listen to user feedback. So delete that piece of crap, Storm Radar (which replaced the original Storm app), and ante up for this terrific replacement. Bye bye Weather Channel, and good luck with your "upgrade". Now that I’ve found this new weather home, I hope it remains on iTunes and stays supported for a very long time.
Accurate. Easy reading. Comprehensive. Unique.
Few days ago, when all the others on my wife's iPad said 26° WeatherMate said 42° which was spot on with the TV weather dude. Best presentation of Weather Underground data. Why? You can actually pick *exactly* which weather station you want to use. (Check the Weather Underground site for a map of the ones nearest you.) I keep coming back to WeatherMate. Easy to read. Plenty of detail, even for weather geeks. Tried 20+ other weather apps: no kidding. Some pretty good ones, some trash. I’m a weather geek. I put it on mi esposa’s iPad, she prefers it too. Let's face it: other weather apps are simply inferior. WeatherMate sources from the nearest station. (In our case, a mere half mile away.) Makes a huge difference in our hilly desert southwest. The software is nicely done: smooth scrolling, comprehensive detail (even travel planner with historic norms). Access to long text and suspected hourlies is easy. Selection among a plethora of display elements is easy. The widget is great. Support is generous and courteous. 😊 WeatherMate, rain or shine. 🌤
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- DylogicApps Pvt Ltd
- 134.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2023 DylogicApps Pvt Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Extra Weather Sources, Monthly $1.99
- Extra Weather Sources, Weekly $0.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.