Nice Weather was designed with simplicity in mind to provide a clean and simple way to check the weather forecast.
- Up to 5 days forecast for your location and added cities (limited to 1 city in free version)
- Magnificent gradients and particle effects depending on the weather
- Interactive visualization of temperatures and precipitations
- Sunrise and sunset cues
- Multiple units
- Automatic forecast update
- Customizable interface
- Slide your finger along the graph to see the evolution of the forecast
- Slide on the time label or use the arrows to change days
- Tap on center icons (thermometer, cloud, wind, compass) to change value
- Tap on value label to switch between units
- Tap on top-left icon to add cities and customize settings
- The particles are moving depending on the speed and direction of the wind
- Shake your device to refresh forecast
Weather data provided by OpenWeatherMap (http://openweathermap.org/).
Hillrich Stephan Müller (German Translation)
Jeremy Paul (Design advices)
- Improved interface for newest devices
Ratings and Reviews
Gosh, this is a beautiful app, and I really, really wanted to like it a lot. Too bad it’s essentially useless.
For starters, it doesn’t have my (specific) city. I live in a large metropolitan area with wide variations in weather. Unfortunately, it didn’t have my city, just the large city that anchors the metro area. I would say it is what it is, except that many other weather apps that I’ve used don’t have this problem. Deal breaker.
I’m also not sure what the background is all about. It was very pretty, like everything about the app. But it was sort of grayish with white specks gently floating down. Was this just some sort of abstract background, or was it meant to convey that it's cloudy/snowy? Because it’s sunny and 70-ish right now. Fail (it was meant to be useful rather than decorative).
I’ve also read some other reviews complaining about the accuracy of the weather, but I didn’t even get that far into it (the paragraph above notwithstanding).
Based on the aesthetics alone, this could become my go-to weather app if some of the critical functions were…actually functional. In the meantime, I’ll stick with my old app—which also looks pretty darn nice.
Hope we're going to get some 3d touch action soon. And support for ios 10!
A few changes needed
1: Being able to set a default location for when the app is booted up.
1.5: Being able to remove the default city
2: Making the days be fixed so that you can go back and check the temperature from earlier in the day.
That’s it mostly. I don’t expect these changes but they’d drastically improve certain QOL things.
- Alexis Creuzot
- 20.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Alexis Creuzot
- In-App Purchases
- Nice Weather 2 Pro $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.