With Chess-wise 3 you can play chess, analyse games, annotate game notations, play online, solve exercises, watch training videos and much more.
- Games are represented as trees, so they can have side-lines. This means when analysing moves, this will not anymore overwrite the moves of the main game
- On the new annotation screen, you can add comments and !! - or ?? to the moves
- The communication with the FICS server has been complete rewritten and is now much more stable
- The FICS interface has more features (support for multiple accounts, iMessage-like chatting, friend list)
- Improved database (re-order games in a PGN file) and setup screen (move pieces on the board)
- Landscape views for the opening and endgame browser, showing the possible moves next to the board
- Over 250 links to free training videos
- Separate screen to select the pieces orientation, when playing with 2 players
- Help file with tutorial for each major use case
Each screen has been re-designed to give a better user experience, focussing on the main actions that people want to do on that screen.
Any suggestions for further improvements (as well as bug reports) are welcome at email@example.com
- compatible with currently available iPhones and iPads
- import games from clipboard
- retrieve forgotten Multi password
- peek button for blind chess
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Decent app, needs One improvement
Overall I like this app. Pretty much everything works, but I have a problem changing the level of difficulty in the settings. It is not accessible to a screen reader and probably needs to be redone so that it is accessible. I’m told it’s a drop-down menu but I can’t access or change it from the hardest level as it’s set as the default.
My favorite IOS chess database pgn viewer and FICS client
I have been using Chess-wise for several years. I’m a club player and I find it easy to enter games on my phone after I play one over the board while at the site and the game is still fresh in my mind. I can export and import PGN files with ease to / from my computer in various ways. I also find it’s a very usable FICS client. The databasing and analysis tools make a great reader companion and when i run on an iPad its as useful as a very pricey pc program. The links to the latest tournaments and videos are a real nice touch. Once I had an import pgn issue and the developer personally responded within days and issued a patch quickly. For just a few bucks, i have seen this app grow with features over the last few years. There are occasional quirks after a release but they get fixed because the dev is active. Its fair to ask a few bucks because I have seen the effort that has been put back into this app over time.
Some players missing
Pretty good app I guess but some top players such as Capablanca and Judit Polgar are missing from the players list of top players. At least in my (2017) version. This doesn’t instill confidence in the reliability of other parts. Hope the tablebase part is 100% accurate.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Marcel J Nijman
- 44.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Marcel Nijman
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock PRO $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.