Replace your chess clock with this free game timer! It's easy to use, yet fully featured to handle any time control. 100% free: no in-app purchases, no ads!
Choose your time control and you're ready to play. The 2nd player presses her button to start the 1st player's clock - and the game is on!
- Large, easy-to-read buttons
- Works in landscape and portrait on all devices
- Quickly customize the app for one-tap access to all your favorite time controls
- Time controls include base minutes per player and optional per-move delays or bonus time. The app supports both Fischer and Bronstein increments, as well as simple delays. The duration is up to you!
- Supports multiple-stage time controls commonly seen in tournaments, such as "40 moves in 2 hours + game in 60 minutes." A glance at the clock shows your current stage!
- Support for handicapping lets you set different time controls for each player!
- You can adjust the time remaining on the fly, in the middle of your game, for either or both players!
- Clock pauses automatically if the app is interrupted; manually pause the clock at any time
- Pleasant sounds for buttons and "time's up" alert
At Chess.com, we really do love chess, and *sometimes* we even play it offline! For times like that, we created this clock - and we hope you love it as much as we do.
Stay out of time-trouble! We made the clock digits a bit easier to read, and added a few other minor improvements. If you like this clock, you can really help us out by giving it a fresh, 5-star review in the App Store! Thank you so much!
Ratings and Reviews
Solid chess timer
A really nice timer for casual games with your friends. I like the ability to save your own preset times, so you can play your favorite time easily. A great alternative to an analog or electric chess timer. I would definitely pay money for this app. The only thing I would have liked to see is a sound cue for the end of the game. Overall, a very solid chess timer.
What a fantastic timer. Sometimes you find yourself playing real chess but don’t have a clock on hand. This fantastic app has many of the time options of a real check clock.
The button size and readability is very good. The sound effects give it a real visceral feel of hitting a clock! Would be cool to add a vibrate when hit button too.
Great for Backgammon Too!
I wanted an app for playing backgammon, and this one fits the bill VERY nicely! Use is intuitive (although it took me a bit to figure how to program delays). Automatic pause feature upon interruption is an obvious nice touch for a clock that is connected to your mobile phone. Manual pause feature works well to manage game interruptions.
Two additions I’d like to see:
1. A useful help/programming guide.
2. Visual countdown of the delay period. As it stands now, clock doesn’t begin counting down until full delay period has expired, then clock displays count down of reserve time consumed.
A great little app for backgammon or chess players. Highly recommended!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.