“Pocket Gamer - Mobile game of the year”
The Battle of Polytopia is an award winning and unique turn based strategy game about controlling the map, fighting enemy tribes, discovering new lands and mastering new technologies.
You take on the role as the ruler of a tribe and attempt to build a civilization in a turn based competition with the other tribes. It can be played offline line. Perfect for traveling.
"IMGA award for excellence in gameplay"
“Gold Winner - Lovie Awards”
"If you ever wanted the feeling of a classic Civilization game on your iPhone, The Battle of Polytopia is a worthy contender" - PCMag.com
“This brightly-colored turn based strategy game is difficult to put down” - Mac World
With millions of players, this game has quickly become one of the most popular civilization style games for mobile and has been acclaimed for its sleek user interface and great depth in game play.
* Free turn based civilization strategy game.
* Single & multiplayer strategy
.* Multiplayer matchmaking (Find players all over the world)
* 4x (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate)
* Three game modes – Perfection, Domination and Creative
* Mirror Matches (Meet opponents with the same tribe)
* Configurable map types – Dryland, Lakes, Continents, Archipelago and Water * WorldExploration, strategy, farming, building, warfare and technology research.
* Wide range of different tribes with unique nature, culture and game experience.
* Auto generated maps make each game a new experience.
* Allow offline game play.
* Game play in portrait and landscape mode.
* Strategy multiplayer & Pass & Play.
* Leader board with top scores for the best civilization builders.
* Really Cute low poly graphics.
Fixed some bugs with the bugs:
- Adjustments to temple scores and descriptions
- Allow healing when hp is full but unit is poisoned
- Algae outside borders give population when expanding borders
- Standing on mycelium heals
- Ruins don't give explorers if the explorers can't move
- Explorers can move on algae
- Soft-lock after levelling up city to level 5 with fungi fixed
- Converted independents no longer get tied to a city
- Centipede push order prioritize direction of its following segment to avoid getting stretched
- Xin-xi and Quetzali metal rates restored to pre-Cymanti levels
- Bunnies and algae can coexist in harmony
- Fixed bug where boost info would be shown in non-boosted unit info popups
- Made city level ups more robust when server connection is poor
- Fix crash when trying to open game that waits for nature
- Network setting in game setup is no longer doubled
- Cymanti battleships graphics fixed
- Mixed shaman gets correct head
- Localization fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Hello, I like to start just by saying what a great game. This game is packed with hours of fun. I would like to make a recommendation for the third Special Tribe: The Engineers. Like in the Alien movies the engineers should be master creators. I will go over each special tab and then I will recommend some units. The hunting and fishing research tabs should enable the consumption and convert into a little amount of stars instead of xp so that you can create more units. You should be able to now farm these animals or upgrade them like the second special tribe, but no dragons. The riding tab should be a cloning tab so instead of more quality you get more quantity. Though the clone will be weaker and you can’t clone a clone. The engineer tab should give you something cool and the sailing tab enables ports. You should be able to upgrade a battleship to an airship. Everything else is up to the developer(s) for the tabs. Some units I recommend are healer and builder. The healer is obvious, but the builder should be able to construct walls that act like mountains and can construct bridges to go over water. The art for the temples should be exclusive. I know it’s a young idea, but I think it has potential. I understand the dev(s) might not even read this, but personally think something like this would be awesome.
Great game, some room for improvement
Firstly, let me just say that I can’t wait for the PC version of this. You can take my ten dollars for that. Anyways, back to the mobile version. It’s really good, but as of now, there is a lot that could be added since really the only way to win is to take over everything and that gets repetitive after a while. A diplomacy system of some sort would really help in that arena. Second, I keep getting the Luxidoor in my game even though I haven’t bought them. Another thing I don’t like (I don’t know if this is a bug or not) is that you can upgrade a city, choose to get a giant, and if your city is being invaded it will simply push the invading unit out of the way. It’s very annoying when the AI does this constantly. Also, I think it would provide more variety for those who don’t want to buy tribes if you included Kickoo in the free tribes, because it starts at the base level of the tech tree as well.
Now, onto some suggestions. Perhaps a separate branch of the tech tree for diplomacy would definitely provide more depth. Another thing to add could be ‘dissent’ in recently taken over cities. It would impair the production and max troops of that city over time, and eventually lead to rebellion. This would make it harder to win by simply killing everything, because it would make it necessary to secure captured cities before moving on to the next. Finally, it would be nice to have an upgraded version of the Archer, maybe a Crossbowman?
So close to greatness
I’ve been playing Polytopia (supertribes) on and off for a couple of years now, there is just something that keep bringing me back. Every time I play I always dream of crushing my friends in a match to show off my skill, but that fact is I simply can’t do that. Multiplayer in this game is blocked behind a pay wall, yes there is the free “pass and play” but that just slows down the experience and isn’t very enjoyable when your trying to hide your position from your friends. I would love to see multiplayer became a free feature, and I do understand the reason it may be blocked is because you guys are a small company and you need some type of income, but still I feel that doing this would help the community out a lot.
Multiplayer in general dealing with any turn based game always takes time. Now I am not sure how the online multiplayer in Polytopia works having never played it, but I feel like there is an easy solution to a more exciting fast paced experience. Adding a timer to every players turn; let’s say 5sec early on and progressively gets longer, would really add fast thinking and excitement to this already intense game.
This is just some things I think you guys should improve on, I myself am a design freak and I have many other ideas, but in the end it’s your game and I really want you guys to succeed.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Midjiwan AB
- 139 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016 Midjiwan AB
- In-App Purchases
- Vengir Tribe $0.99
- Kickoo Tribe $0.99
- Aquarion $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.