Your boss, The Bull, the most dangerous gangster in New Orleans, has a job for you. Rescue your kidnapped lover--officially The Bull’s lover, but unofficially yours--before dawn. Slaughter everyone who stands in your way, including other gangsters, cops, and the Triad, as you slink across the underbelly of New Orleans.
"NOLA Is Burning" is a blood-soaked interactive noir thriller where your choices control the story. The game is entirely text-based--without graphics or sound effects--and powered by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
Will you outwit your enemies or take it to the mattresses with your trusty sawtooth? Will you earn respect as NOLA’s most infamous headcrusher, or will you retire to Mexico on a huge pile of cash? To be honest, you'll probably die. But in NOLA, death is just the beginning.
• Make deals with the cops, a Voodoo priestess, the leader of the local Triad, or a fallen priest.
• Mix old world magic and advanced technology in a fight to the death, and beyond.
• More than 70,000 words of interactive fiction, 15,000 words on every run through the game.
Bug fixes. If you enjoy this game, please leave us a written review. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
Okay but not as enjoyable when it goes to second half
This is the second COG game I have played. I think this is not a must-play game. The story is kinds of strange at the second half and defiantly not as catchy as the beginning.
It is okay to play with but there are other better options out there.
Amazing and replayable
I've played this "game" over and over to try and get the best ending. I love these types of games and I love the replayability aspect you get from these types of games that you don't get from books or video games. There's something about the hybrid between the two that strikes a perfect balance.
Just plain awful
The dialogue and attempt at lingo is cringey, the random cyborg leg is stupid, every character is a one-dimensional stereotype that isn’t even ironically funny, and exposition comes out of nowhere for no reason. The MC has little to no personality no matter what choices you make and the choices themselves don’t seem to actually affect anything. $2.99 is 3x too much for this crap. Hope this review keeps others from wasting their cash, excuse me, “juice” on this. Whoever wrote this should be ashamed it was published. Yes, that is mean.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Choice of Games LLC
- 20.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Choice of Games
- In-App Purchases
- Chapters 4 through 12 $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.