Your boss, The Bull, the most dangerous gangster in New Orleans, has a job for you. Rescue your kidnapped lover--officially The Bull’s lover, but unofficially yours--before dawn. Slaughter everyone who stands in your way, including other gangsters, cops, and the Triad, as you slink across the underbelly of New Orleans.
"NOLA Is Burning" is a blood-soaked interactive noir thriller where your choices control the story. The game is entirely text-based--without graphics or sound effects--and powered by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
Will you outwit your enemies or take it to the mattresses with your trusty sawtooth? Will you earn respect as NOLA’s most infamous headcrusher, or will you retire to Mexico on a huge pile of cash? To be honest, you'll probably die. But in NOLA, death is just the beginning.
• Make deals with the cops, a Voodoo priestess, the leader of the local Triad, or a fallen priest.
• Mix old world magic and advanced technology in a fight to the death, and beyond.
• More than 70,000 words of interactive fiction, 15,000 words on every run through the game.
Added support for iPhone X. If you enjoy playing "NOLA Is Burning," please leave us a written review. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing and replayable
I've played this "game" over and over to try and get the best ending. I love these types of games and I love the replayability aspect you get from these types of games that you don't get from books or video games. There's something about the hybrid between the two that strikes a perfect balance.
Okay but not as enjoyable when it goes to second half
This is the second COG game I have played. I think this is not a must-play game. The story is kinds of strange at the second half and defiantly not as catchy as the beginning.
It is okay to play with but there are other better options out there.
Payments and free things
I wish your games were free like they used to be. It was a lot more enjoyable than having to see “oops the free trial is over. Pay now or you can’t play anymore” it’s a shame and I really wanted to play the rest of this game but you make everything cost money
- Choice of Games LLC
- 39.7 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Choice of Games
- In-App Purchases
- Chapters 4 through 12 $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.