Offline Navigation, Online Experience
- Maps À La Carte: Save mobile data with offline maps. The app's maps are customizable, based on what you need and when - you decide!
- Weekly Map Updates: Helping you steer clear of blocked roads and stay within speed limits, even when you are offline.
- Moving Lane Guidance: End the guesswork and the indecision - know what lane is yours for junctions and exits with Moving Lane Guidance.
- TomTom Traffic: Avoid real-time traffic with intelligent routes*
- Speed Camera Warnings: Helping you drive safer and hassle-free with average speed alerts and warnings for fixed and mobile speed cameras.*
- Online search: Your go-to destinations as well as popular attractions and essential POIs are stored on the app. Once connected, you can search TomTom's catalogue of destinations.*
- Share ETA - Share your estimated time of arrival with coworkers, friends, and family via the messaging platform of your choice.
Drive safely and simply:
- Points of Interest: Search and find destinations, scenic areas, and attractions on the way and when you arrive to your destination.
- Alternative routes: See ways around traffic congestion backed by precise distance and time calculations
- Drive to Photo: Remember the name of that place?! If you geotagged the photos you took there, the app will take you there!
- Drive to Contacts: Get easier route planning to the people you know, with the contacts stored on your phone.
- Ad Free: Avoid annoying ads for the most efficient journey, without interruption.
Get customizable maps for countries, regions, and attractions in 150 countries, all updated weekly, for a simpler drive.
* Check http://tomtom.com/20719 for availability per country. Services require a mobile phone connection. Your operator may charge you for the data used and costs may be significantly higher when used abroad.
* These services require a mobile phone connection. Your operator may charge you for the data used and costs may be significantly higher when used abroad. On average TomTom Services uses less then 10MB per month. Check http://tomtom.com/20719 for availability per country. The question of the legality of services to warn for speed cameras is not clear in Germany. You therefore use this service at your own risk. TomTom does not accept any responsibility for the consequences of use of the service in Germany. For more information please go to http://tomtom.com/5560
** Data storage constraints may apply. Download 4 or more full updates of any installed map per year. You need a WiFi or cellular data connection to download new maps and updates.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
TomTom reserves its right to unilaterally withdraw and/or to amend this offer and/or to amend the terms and conditions.
Apple CarPlay is a property of Apple LLC.
Offer limited to one free trial period per user. Any unused portion of a free trial will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription. At the end of the trial period, your subscription will be charged at the advertised price unless you cancel it at least 24-hours in advance. Your subscription will automatically renew unless you turn off auto-renew at least-24 hours prior to the end of the current billing period. Payments will be charged to your iTunes account. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off the auto-renewal at any time on the App Store account management page.
Massive app revamp: Only download the maps you need! Update to get these, improved lane guidance, and Apple CarPlay®!
Ratings and Reviews
Good Navigation Bad App
I’ve always loved the quality of the TomTom navigation especially the recalculation speed, however the app is just going down hill. Firstly when it finds faster routes, suddenly I can no longer see what I’m doing especially if I’m approaching an intersection and need to go the right way, the screen is filled with information and tiny touch buttons, I’m driving I cannot stare at the screen for 5 minutes reading all that, make it clear simple and without removing critical drinking information from the screen. Secondly on the latest versions the lookup from address is NOT WORKING!!! Even when I find a point on a map. Select it, navigate to it, then go to recent destinations to see what address is used and try searching for the exact same one it does not work, also it’s started adding the state twice into its addresses (street name and no)(state)(town or city)(state) why! Please fix this the address lookup used to work perfectly, I can provide many data sets for your testers to use!
Update: seems like we aren't getting warning sounds when set to spoken or just alert.
This new version has a lot of issues. Nice to have Carplay, but you can't search fun the Carplay screen. Only the phone. Plus the phone screen mirors Carplay and it shouldn't. Waze shows text even connected to Carplay. Also can't see traffic so you know what's coming up. Carplay screen is hard to read. Text small. Colors bad. Also when searching for a specific place on tht map that every other major GPS app finds, TomTom could not. Once I found the address, I could enter it, but even with the address, TomTom doesn't know what the name is. Also the map is incorrect as it told me to turn right into a street that the entrance has been closed off for years. It knew about the street that replaced it after I drove past the street it told me to turn in which you can't. Also at one point, it told me to turn right when it was bear right.
Response to developers: thanks for the reply. HOWEVER, please look at Waze. It has many of the things on Carplay yours does not and should. Also the app should not just reroute me because of traffic. Or should visually and with audio tell me there is traffic, where, and tell me it had as better route that will save me x amount of time and ask me if I want to do that. Instead or just adjusts arrival time and changes the route without letting me know why. Please fix everything.
Developer Response ,
Hi there & thanks for taking the time to write this review
Please see the link below to an FAQ which shows information regarding the CarPlay interface:
Sorry about the incorrect directions you've come across. If this continues to happen, please get in touch with us via www.tomtom.com/368 - we'd love to put that right!
- TomTom Team .
Not worth It when there are better options
I really wanted to like this app, because my entire family lives in the Netherlands, and when I see their TomYoms in use, I’m always impressed by the interface while navigating. I like that the navigational view looks like it’s from the drivers perspective, rather than overhead. However, after using Waze for eight years, I find I really can’t get excited about this app. Within the first mile I drove with it, it made two navigational errors (the most serious of which was telling me to make an illegal U-turn so that I could get on the freeway, rather than turn right and use the onramp which DID appear on the map). Also, because it seems this app does not learn from use like Waze does, I can’t simply tap this error location to alert the developers to correct this error, or even use a map editing function online. Also, when using this with CarPlay, during turn-by-turn directions, it does not pause whatever I am listening to through my phone, as does Waze. So if I have an audiobook playing while driving and navigating, I have to keep backing up so that I don’t miss parts of the story. So far, there’s just not enough to like about this app to make it worth spending subscription money, especially when I can basically ignore the ads in Waze and use that for free, while it’s also a better app for my needs.
Developer Response ,
Hi there Harmonie
Thanks for taking the time to write this review, and for giving the app a go. We're really sorry that you've encountered some incorrect directions, however.
We do have an online map error reporting tool - MapShare Reporter. You can log a map change via the link below and we'll get that fixed ASAP:
Regards to CarPlay functionality in the latest update, we have produced the following FAQ:
- TomTom Team
- 425.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Afrikaans, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- ©2008 - 2019 TomTom International B.V. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- 1-Month Subscription $1.99
- 6-Month Subscription $8.99
- 3-Month Subscription $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.