Carbo brings all your iPad or iPhone-created notes right into your Mac through a new Mac Catalyst app.
Carbo lets you capture and organize handwritten notes and sketches, bringing handwriting in the digital age, right on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Carbo's innovative visualization technology sets you free from pixel artefacts, while preserving all expressiveness of your original drawings. Collect notes, design sketches, or whiteboard drawings.
Tag and annotate your notes for easy retrieval. Store them either on the device itself or in the cloud, with native support for iCloud, Evernote, and Dropbox. Finally, turn your notes and drawings into beautiful creations using a variety of handcrafted export styles and share them with the world.
• Hybrid visualization technology: note picture is cleaned up and turned into a highly accurate monochrome representation. Carbo’s innovative rendering technology offers both the advantages of vector (sharpness) and bitmap (easy editing) techniques.
• Image-based input options: take a new picture, import from camera roll, or import an image from iCloud Drive.
• Drawing support: highly accurate and natural sketching capabilities. Full support for Apple Pencil & 3D Touch pressure sensitivity.
• Note editing: edit any part of your note, i.e. select, resize, relocate, or remove any element. Make strokes thinner or thicker.
• Annotations: add descriptive text to your note. These annotations are archived along with the image, and are globally searchable.
• Tag your notes. Tags are colored for easier detection, and will help you classify notes.
• Notes can be stored either on your device, or in the cloud using Evernote, Dropbox, and iCloud.
• Efficient file-based storage: typical note is 400KB instead of the usual 3MB JPEG of a photo.
• Export styles (iOS): choose among 7 beautifully handcrafted styles and their variants to customize your notes (Blackboard/chalks combos, Blueprint, Paper with several pen styles…).
• Up to 1200-dpi black-and-white high-fidelity exports for print.
• Many sharing options: Twitter, Facebook, AirDrop, Mail, Messages, iCloud Drive, Open in (another app)...
• Latest iOS Support: App Search, iPad multitasking, Siri 'Remind Me', 3D Touch shortcuts, modern iOS 14 photo access (browsing & searching).
• macOS 11 Big Sur / Mac Catalyst (Optimized for Mac).
• Universal app for iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
• Pro Pack 2 or Pro Plan: one-off purchase to remove the 10-note limit.
You can unlock all features either through Pro Pack 2, a one-time purchase, or through Pro Plan, an affordable subscription. Pro Pack upgrade pricing is also available if you own a previous version.
HELP & FEEDBACK
Visit creaceed.com/carbo for more information. Send your questions and feedback to email@example.com
Fixed a bug where the rendering was corrupted when using a transparent background style.
Ratings and Reviews
Great for making study notes from textbooks
This is perfect for pulling diagrams and tables out of high yield review texts for classnotes without maintaining the in-book design. I scanned a table and was able to make original looking notes in a concept map format from all the info within a minute.
Realize that this is definitely meant to do that, not much more. The template can only be applied post editing, so you cant write on the paper background you want it in. Only one pen option which you can change the style of in the post editing template area, but not in active editing. The pen absolutely needs to have a smaller line width option - 3 available and to really use this practically, the narrowest setting is where I'd have a highlighter set to.
The app is great for not getting distracted and for what it is. A few minor tweaks would make it excellent, in my opinion.
Wonderful for scanning written notes
Carbo excels at letting me scan and reorganize my written notes. I use it to back up my handwritten notebooks. It’s really a nice little app, and once I can bundle my pages easily into a PDF, it will replace my other scanning app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind words! They're really appreciated. /TC
Great for what I need
Carbo has long been my go to for scanning written notes. It’s clear and allows me manipulate the scan exactly as I want. Its export options work well. I haven’t used the pencil option much, but it has come in handy. As someone who prefers to write on paper then scan for long term reference it’s perfect for me and well worth the investment.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind words! Really appreciated. /TC
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Creaceed SRL
- 26.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Creaceed SPRL
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Pack 2 $13.99
- Pro Plan (Yearly) $6.99
- Pro Plan (Monthly) $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.