- No. 1 insulin dosing app in 7 countries - 30,000 users
- Best Patient Decision Support - as voted by JDRF
- Winner of Stanford's 'DiabetesMine' Patient Voices competition
"The killer feature of PredictBGL is the visual prediction and the easy correction of carb and correction ratios directly from the graph. Within the first two days it was easy to correct ratios and fine tune the predictions" - Marius, Germany
"Dexcom data 3 hours faster than Diasend" - Gillian, USA
"Reduced my daughter's estimated A1C from 9.5% to 7.2% in three weeks" - Lisa, Australia
We help real people with real information to live safer, easier lives with diabetes.
Better Doses = Safer Diabetes!
• Designed for type 1s and other insulin users (type 2, type 1.5 / LADA, gestational diabetes)
• Insulin dose calculator / Logger
- multiple carb ratios and correction ratios
- multiple BG targets
- tracks active insulin / insulin on board in the same way as a pump
- delayed eating suggestions - lower your A1C
- factors for multiple levels of exercise, stress, sickness and pre-menstruation and more
• Neat and clear graphs with ACTUAL blood glucose curves
- see hidden highs between blood tests
- helps explain **expected** versus **unexpected** BGs
• Minimize manual logging with meal presets and reminders
• Optional integration of 5 million foods from MyFitnessPal and other food Apps
• Meal and Insulin reminders, Post-meal reminders: never forget to check and log
• Hypo warning and hypo retest reminders
• Hypo and BG prediction hours ahead
• Basal rates for pump users, and split dose logging
• Over 60 log types from Blood Pressure to Kidney Function
• Fully-featured reporting
• Multiple food databases and food estimation guide
• Time in Range / trends similar to CGMS but lower cost
• A1C estimate
• Live Health Care Team sharing
• Live syncing between multiple devices
• Tips for first-time users
• mg/dL or mmol/L blood glucose units
• Carbs in grams, portions, exchanges, BE, KE, CC
• A1C units in % or mmol/mol
PRO FEATURES / ADD-ONS (*)
• Predictions from 3-8 hours ahead
• Dose analysis and tips
• Include protein, fat and fiber in dose calculations
• Live Dexcom Share CGM data
• Live FreeStyle Libre data via Health and MiaoMiao, Tomato, Spike, Loop, NightRider
• Live data via NightScout
• Extensive reports
• Remote patient monitoring of multiple patients including kids at school and on camp
DATA IMPORT / EXPORT
• Import of CSV, XML and Tab formats from 60+ diabetic devices including Accu-check Mobile, Agamatrix Zero-Click, Aviva, CoPilot, CareLink, Contour USB, DiaBass, Diasend, DexCom, GlucoFacts, Freestyle Insulinx, Medtronic, MySugr, Omnipod, OneTouch Ping, Ontrack, RapidCalc, SIDiary
• Export to Excel
INTEGRATION WITH FITNESS DEVICES
Integrate fitness data from sources such as Atlas, Cycling Analytics, DailyMile, Pulsense, Runsense, FatSecret, FitBug, Fitbit, Garmin Connect, IHealth, JawBone, MapMyFitness, Misfit, Moves, Ride with GPS, RunKeeper, SportTracks, Strava, Training Peaks and Withings.
We're always working to make PredictBGL better! Have a problem, criticism, question, suggestion, or praise? It’s all super important to us, and we'd love to hear from you.
PredictBGL was developed by a team of amazing engineers. Our CTO has had 27 years with T1 diabetes, and in a previous life used an insulin pump for 12 months. Our Quality Manager has a child with T1 diabetes who was diagnosed at 2 years old, now 14.
Includes Spanish, German, French, Italian, Russian, Arabic and Chinese translations.
(*) PredictBGL gives you a 30-day free trial. After that, you can choose to stay with the Free Plan or upgrade to a monthly subscription. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Added Medtronic MiniMed 530G pump
Added Abbott FreeStyle Option Neo CGM
Now allows basal insulins even if on a pump
Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The best of its kind.
Spectacular app. It truly is the best of its kind.
It needs some work though. A lot of its features are a pass throughs to the website that is poorly designed. The app crashes regularly, especially if using third party keyboards to input data like notes.
Wish the main prediction graph could be scrolled left and right to look at past and future predictions. It would be great to be able to set different active insulin times for different rapid action insulins (I use 2) and also different active insulin times for the same insulin but injecting it either subcutaneous or intramuscular.
Being able to add more than 2 bolus insulin would also be a great addition. Some times I use rapid or regular founding of the GI or fat content of the meal. Unfortunately it's not payable to select the second rapid insulin through the app when loggin data, only through the website.
Most of the time when clicking the add and save button and when going back and forth through the different screens I have to click the buttons several times until the app responds.
Other than that it's an amazing app. Great job 👍
PS: The monthly fee for the pro version is really high. It should be cheaper and it should be a one-time fee.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback - I believe everything (including the price) have now all been fixed! Can you please try the latest version?
Most powerful and accurate tool
I have used predictbgl for years. It helped me get my a1c from 14.1 to 5.7. Empower yourself to take control of your diabetes. The coach portion of this program is the gold. When you enter a blood glucose level and carbs eaten, the program compares its prediction to the actual results and gives you immediate feedback as to potential changes in your ratios. This is taking control and giving you and your doctor valuable feedback to adjust your treatment if needed. The program accurately predicts your blood sugar levels for hours into the future. The dose calculator takes into account carb ratios and correction ratios. Impotant things like insulin on board and insulin stacking are prominently displayed. The program does EVERYTHING it says it will do plus so much more. Type 1 ot type 2. On pills or insulin..shots or pump..this program is for all. Very valuable calculations for the impact of sickness, menstruation, alcohol etc is easily set up for your time periods can automatically adjust your insulin doses. Customer service at this company surpasses expectations. They care about their customers. It is well worth the paid features offered in the program.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback!
Regards, PredictBGL Team
Are you looking for the BEST T1D app for you!
Having T1D is hard, but with PedectBGL I think I have finally found the correct diabetes app to help me control my numbers. I think for me the biggest help has been when I am dozing ... the app gives me the BEST suggestion, better than I could estimate. The Predict BGL has been key, in discovering that it is possible to maintain my numbers within range. This is THE app! Best Regards to All, Wren Grigore
- ManageBGL Pty Ltd
- 17.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Copyright (c) 2013-2019 ManageBGL
- In-App Purchases
- 3 Month Gold Pass $27.99
- 30 Day Gold Pass $9.99
- 6 Month Gold Pass $54.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.