Opener is an app that allows you to open links from the web in apps instead! Copy a link and launch Opener to see the apps that it can be opened in, or use Opener's action extension right from other apps! Opener currently supports over 280 apps with more being added all the time.
In addition to opening links in apps, Opener also supports:
- Opening links in any browser of your choice.
- Previewing links from a variety of popular services using 3D Touch.
- Opening the Google AMP version of pages, which are significantly faster than normal web pages.
"If you find yourself looking to view web links in apps often, Opener is a good timesaver that cleverly uses iOS extensions to speed up the process." — MacStories
"It’s simple, handy, and makes browsing the web a lot easier." — LifeHacker
"...lets you open links in their corresponding app, skipping the annoying Web view along the way." — CNET
"As someone who spends huge chunks of my day tapping on my iPhone’s screen, I skipped my Starbucks latte today and bought Opener instead." — TechCrunch
For a complete list of supported apps and browsers visit opener.link/apps
- Improved device-to-device Handoff support. If both devices have Opener installed, it will handle the incoming intent on the recipient device instead of just opening a browser.
- Improved support for running on Apple Silicon Macs.
- Opener now uses less memory and is even faster about updating the list of apps it supports.
- Opener accepts even more varieties of text input.
- Better handling for long titles with increases system font sizes.
- Added an option to copy deep links into Opener when long pressing on the browser option. Deep links now use URL fragments instead of query items (opener.link/r#... instead of opener.link/r?url=...)
- Many, many other small improvements :)
If you like using Opener we'd love to hear about it! Please leave us a quick review on the App Store or follow us at @OpenerApp on Twitter.
Ratings and Reviews
🥇AMAZING APP & SERVICE SUPPORT
Continues to be not only one of my most used and treasured apps, but also one of the most consistently stable. Sadly so many developers get caught up in wanting to make nonstop updates that sometimes can even end up ruining what once was an awesome useful app. Thankfully this developer is one of the few that puts "user experience & app stability" as a #1 priority. Which is why I will continue to rant and rave about this app with as many people who are willing to allow me to introduce them to an app resource that they never knew they always needed. So useful it will make you wonder why iOS doesn't have this feature built in by default.
𝙈𝙮 𝙁𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙍𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙚𝙬 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
THEY ADDED MUSI SUPPORT! I can't say enough positive things about the quality of customer service and support offered by this apps developer Tim.
Tim not only promptly responded to my email asking for the app Musi to be added as an option in Opener but even after informing me that my request would not function if added because of an issue on Musi's side. He still went above and beyond by getting in contact with the other developers until he was able to make my request happen. If that's not awesome developer support I don't know what is.
As soon as I learned it could convert Google Maps links to Apple Maps this app became a must-have! Google continues to make it harder and harder to extract an address from a google maps link. It’s a small thing, but turning a 5 step process into a couple of taps was easily enough to justify $1.99. I look forward to finding out what else it can do.
This app needed—especially if you use Chrome
This is a great app for many reasons, but the top one for me is that Apple doesn’t play well with others sometimes and I prefer to use Chrome as a browser. But if I try to open a website and click their “open in app” button, it just opens the app store even though I already have the app. (Safari will open the app when I already have it, but Chrome does not). That’s where Opener comes in handy! There are times when the app doesn’t always work, but 90+% of the time, it’s dependable. Still 5 stars from me!
Update for developers: Is there an issue with iOS 14.5.1? I can’t seem to open a Reddit link. Tried to kill the app and reopen it, but it seems to have gotten hung up.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Timothy Johnsen
- 2.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2021 Tim Johnsen
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.