- Unlike the abandoned, unauthorized Tesla apps, this app is frequently updated
- Siri & Shortcuts support for controlling and getting your car stats via Siri on the watch or phone without opening the app. You can combine/schedule/automate commands based on triggers/conditions such as when you're driving, if your charging cable isn't plugged in, when you're sleeping, when you're about to go to work, when you're connected to certain Bluetooth or WiFi connections, when your alarm goes off, or a certain time each day. You can even add commands as icons on your home screen.
- View your battery stats such as the current/total usable kWh of your car compared to the stated capacity, how much phantom drain your car currently has, and a history of your car's range vs its odometer/time.
- Fully functional Apple Watch app with vehicle stats complications
- Opens, connects, and issues commands faster than other Tesla apps
- Queued commands. You can close the app after issuing a few commands even if your car is asleep and it'll still do them.
- Display battery/power usage even when not charging
- Doesn't use your car's batteries when the app isn't in use
- See the total miles/kWh added from the last charge session
- Display instant charging rate for fluctuating power chargers (i.e. superchargers) instead of the average charging session rate that your vehicle displays
- Estimated range is displayed (this estimates your battery range based on your past 30 miles of usage)
- Consolidated stats and commands into one screen for quicker access to information. View all three ranges (estimated, rated, ideal/typical, odometer) at the same time and up to the nearest 1/100th mi/km
- See and copy the raw vehicle data returned by Tesla's API servers
- 3D Touch menu for quick commands from the Home Screen
- Use HomeLink or Summon your car when not near it and without continuous press needed (autopilot required). Activate keyless start prior to Summon to avoid needing a keyfob nearby.
- Avoid idle fees from Tesla by setting an alarm when charging reaches a certain kW or % level
- Camp Mode allows you to keep the HVAC on in the car even though there is no activity. Normally, the car will turn off HVAC after 30 minutes.
- View how many range miles are being used per hour
- Use the remotes:// URL schema with parameters to issues commands
- Max cool and Max heat buttons to quickly send multiple commands to your car to optimize cooling and heating
- No-Commands Mode lets you log in the app for your family/friends to monitor your Tesla's location without allowing them to control to your car
- Breadcrumb tracking allows you to see the path that the car has recently taken
- Trip statistics shows your current MPGe, kWh used, miles traveled, kWh per 100 miles, cost savings vs. an internal combustion engine car, cost savings over the car's lifetime, and many more fun stats.
- Save trip routes to different save slots and compare the distance, kWh used, cost, and more for each route
- Ability to change passenger and driver temperature separately
Privacy/Security notice: This app only communicates directly to Tesla's servers when sending login credentials and commands. No identifying information is stored by our company.
Disclaimer: This software and documentation do not come from nor is endorsed by Tesla Inc. Use this app at your own risk. The author does not guarantee its proper functioning. Some features require certain vehicle options to work (e.g. HomeLink/Summon require the autopilot options enabled). This app attempts to use the same interface used by the official Tesla apps. However, you are responsible for any changes to your car caused by using this app. Use of this app can move or change settings to your car and we are not liable for any damages to you, your car or any other object in conjunction with the use of this app.
Performance upgrades. Changed the color of the text fields that were hard to view in some iOS versions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Update: User error. The app is actually great
I stand corrected. I was simply wrong. After playing more with the Apple Watch app it does do everything I was hoping it would do. It is indispensable now and perfect. I can control nearly every function of my tesla from my watch so it saves a lot of time. No complaints.
Developer responded. Unfortunately upon pressing on the screen I am still not able to see more than 4 options per screen on my watch and of those only the first 4 options in the first screen are related to controls for things like charging. This makes it hard to add value as I need to pull my phone for nearly everything. Putting 2 stars. Also requested access to the developer forum so that I can bring concerns but still have not been granted access. If I get it and can get this resolved I will be happy to upgrade the stars.
Want more features for your phone then great. Want more features for your Apple Watch then forget it. You get fewer than almost any other app. I purchased one for 2.99 that I have defaulted back to as this one does not even open up the charging port. Essentially it only has 4 controls.
Developer Response ,
Press harder on each screen to bring up more commands. There’s 6 different screens so you should see over 30 available commands in the Apple Watch app. Opening the charge port is one of the available commands.
It is a useful app. Compared to the design of the official Tesla app, which has several pages, this app puts everything on a single page. There are pros and cons to this (while things are readily accessible information end up quite small and a bit cluttered). But there is one feature alone that justifies this app in my view. This app calculates energy usage over the last 30 miles in order to predict range on current charge. My ‘real world’ prediction is only 72% of the Tesla default estimate. Whether this is due to very cold weather or due to the majority of my travel being at highway speeds, or to something else, this is incredibly valuable information to have for planning.
Was Frustrated Now Grateful
I bought this 2 days ago and now haven’t been able to get it to do anything consistently. Now my regular Tesla app won’t work. Keep getting a server error message on it. All I wanted was to be able to use my watch to open the car. Doesn’t work.
Update thank you for the lightning fast response. I spent hours on Tesla website and forum before I posted a review out of frustration. It all seemed to start after downloading the app but there was a recent Tesla update as well. I hope nothings broken with my car! I’m giving 4 stars for support and will check back after I check out your recommendations. Thank you!
2weeks in and grateful to say it is working well for the primary reason I bought it. Your tech support helped me quicker 5han Tesla’s! I work out of my car and often have arm loads of stuff so I can’t use my phone to unlock without dropping it. The Apple watch app works! And I often leave my phone on my car esp w/COVID and I’m concerned about getting locked out. (Couldn’t get a straight answer anywhere if that happens.) Now I can open w/my watch! So may times I forget something and run back to a locked car. Used to have to run back in for my phone. This is the watch app I wanted from the get go. Love my Tesla, love this app. Thank you!
Developer Response ,
If even the official Tesla app doesn’t work, then the problem lies with your device or, more likely, your car. Likely scenarios include your car having a weak internet connection, mobile remote is disabled, your car’s MCU is malfunctioning, or many other reasons.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Rego Apps, LLC
- 22.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Rego Apps
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.