- Fully functional Apple Watch app with vehicle stats complications
- Opens, connects, and issues commands faster than other Tesla apps
- Queued commands. You can close the app after issuing a few commands even if your car is asleep and it'll still do them.
- Siri Shortcuts support for controlling and hearing your car stats via Siri on the watch or phone without opening the app
- Display battery/power usage even when not charging
- Doesn't use your car's batteries when the app isn't in use
- See the total miles/kWh added from the last charge session
- Display instant charging rate for fluctuating power chargers (i.e. superchargers) instead of the average charging session rate that your vehicle displays
- Estimated range is displayed (this takes the average consumption of your past 30 miles and estimates your battery range based on that past usage)
- Consolidated stats and commands into one screen for quicker access to information. View all three ranges (estimated, rated, ideal/typical) at the same time and up to the nearest 1/100th mi/km
- View the total kWh your car has compared to stated capacity
- See and copy the raw vehicle data returned by Tesla's API servers
- Check if your vehicle is corked or uncorked
- 3D Touch menu for quick commands from the Home Screen
- Use HomeLink or Summon your car when not near it and without continuous press needed (autopilot required). Activate keyless start prior to Summon to avoid needing a keyfob nearby.
- Avoid idle fees from Tesla by setting an alarm when charging reaches a certain kW or % level
- Camp Mode allows you to keep the HVAC on in the car even though there is no activity. Normally, the car will turn off HVAC after 30 minutes.
- View how many range miles are being used per hour
- Use the remotes:// URL schema with parameters to issues commands
- Max cool and Max heat buttons to quickly send multiple commands to your car to optimize cooling and heating
- No-Commands Mode lets you log in the app for your family/friends to monitor your Tesla's location without allowing them to control to your car
- Breadcrumb tracking allows you to see the path that the car has recently taken
- Trip statistics shows your current MPGe, kWh used, miles traveled, kWh per 100 miles, cost savings vs. an internal combustion engine car, cost savings over the car's lifetime, and many more fun stats.
- Save trip routes to different save slots and compare the distance, kWh used, cost, and more for each route
- Accurate odometer/range readout with decimal places
- Start the car with Touch/Face ID
- Ability to change passenger and driver temperature separately
Siri Shortcuts supported:
- Sentry Mode
- Set navigation address
- Seat heater
- Steering wheel heater
- Display charging stats (battery left, time left, range left, etc.)
- Summon reverse/forward/stop
- Trigger HomeLink
- Unlock/lock car
- Start/Stop HVAC
- Roof/Trunk/Frunk control
- Temperature change
- Max Cool/Heat
- Honk horn
- Flash lights
- Start and stop charging
- Open/close charge port
- Change charge limit
- Switch cars
Privacy/Security notice: This app only communicates directly to Tesla's servers when sending login credentials and commands. No identifying information is stored by our company.
Disclaimer: This software and documentation do not come from nor is endorsed by Tesla Inc. Use this app at your own risk. The author does not guarantee its proper functioning. Some features require certain vehicle options to work (e.g. HomeLink/Summon require the autopilot options enabled). This app attempts to use the same interface used by the official Tesla apps. However, you are responsible for any changes to your car caused by using this app. Use of this app can move or change settings to your car and we are not liable for any damages to you, your car or any other object in conjunction with the use of this app.
Added new shortcuts/controls: Open/close windows, Max Defrost on/off, Speed Limit on/off
Opening and closing the window buttons can be found by pressing the car icon with the circle around it.
Complications now update based on how often you use the apps to avoid phantom drain when not using the apps
Opening the iPhone app now updates Apple Watch complications as well, so turn on Background App Refresh for the iPhone app if you want the complication to update more frequently
Minor graphics changes
Fixed a rare bug that caused the Apple Watch to freeze in watchOS 6.
Ratings and Reviews
It is a useful app. Compared to the design of the official Tesla app, which has several pages, this app puts everything on a single page. There are pros and cons to this (while things are readily accessible information end up quite small and a bit cluttered). But there is one feature alone that justifies this app in my view. This app calculates energy usage over the last 30 miles in order to predict range on current charge. My ‘real world’ prediction is only 72% of the Tesla default estimate. Whether this is due to very cold weather or due to the majority of my travel being at highway speeds, or to something else, this is incredibly valuable information to have for planning.
Wish it would work on untethered Apple Watch Series 3 LTE
This app may not have the best user interface, but it functions well on my Apple Watch Series 3 with LTE, and on my iPhone X. However, the app does not work on my Apple Watch when the watch is using LTE, without the iPhone nearby. It would be nice if the app would work on the Apple Watch using LTE for the times when I don’t have my iPhone with me (e.g. at the gym). Presently, if I launch the app on my Apple Watch while on LTE, the app UI looks like it is connected to my car because it shows charge percentage, HVAC settings, etc. But it really isn’t connected and any attempts to perform a function (e.g. turn on HVAC, honk horn, etc) are not carried out by the app. It would be better if the app displayed a message that it is not connected rather than appear that it is connected. I hope in the future the developer will add the ability to use the Apple Watch LTE when untethered from an iPhone, but for now it is a solid app on the Apple Watch if your iPhone is close by.
Developer Response ,
Remote S on the Apple Watch does show when the app is connected or not. If you look at the first screen, it tells you the time of the last updated data. If that time doesn't match with your current time, then it's not connected yet.
Remote S is also coded to work untethered. Some users have reported that being on LTE is a bit slower to connect with Tesla's servers, so try to give it a bit more time to connect. Try connecting to a WiFi network on your watch with the iPhone turned off to confirm that your watch is capable of communicating with your vehicle without the iPhone. If that works and LTE does not, try restarting your Apple Watch device or trying another cell tower.
Useless with apple watch
The main reason I got this app is too open frunk/trunk via hey siri command on my apple watch with my phone in my pocket (hands free trunk and frunk opening?) ... but all I get is "use the app"... through phone it has no issues and it opens closes whatever I want, which I could do using free tesla app, but through apple watch it just keep asking me to use the app instead.. useless.. oh and that UI.. nightmare, really confusing UI and complicated and small even on my iphone xs max buttons are small and a bit hard to press with big fingers... should've read reviews before wasting $10.. ..I just need to get my money back and I'll be happy again.. unless developer is willing to make changes and make apple watch app useful so people don't get frustrated and overreact :) I'm a QA and Tesla fan, own two Model S's. If developer needs my service I'll be happy to QA the app for free
Developer Response ,
Please give the new update, version 4.0, a try. It has improved code to make it work much more reliably than before. Thanks!
- Rego Apps, LLC
- 21.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Rego Apps
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.