Listen to tens of thousands of live air traffic control tower, police, fire, ems, railroad, NOAA weather & other radio frequencies nearby or around the world
Listen to the largest collection of police, fire, EMS, airport, railroad, weather, comedy, talk, and music stations. That's over 100,000 stations available for free.
Get the original police scanner app that has everyone hooked - as seen on numerous hit movies like Spider-Man and Shazam.
- Read about active events going on at the moment along with the station that is current playing the audio from that event- Record stations for future playback and for emailing an mp3 copy to yourself or others
- Set an alarm in the app and wake up to your favorite station
- Listen to our app while you sleep and set a timer to stop the station at a certain time
- View the current artist and song name that is playing
- Run the app in the background and do other things on your device while you listen to the app
- Choose your own background from your photo library
- Chat with other listeners
- Tweet the station and song you're listening to your Twitter followers
- Notifications are enabled to notify you of the current song that the station changed to while the app is in the background
- Save a station to your favorites for quick and easy access
- List and search radio stations by popularity, genre, song name, and artist
- List scanner stations by popularity and location
- Use your device's GPS to easily find stations located near you
- The screen glows blue and red on the bottom to the beat of the music or whenever someone talks
- The rings in the center of the player act as a clock
- Add your own custom stations
- This app is compatible with most iPod/iPhone docks, Bluetooth devices, and other iPhone devices
New stations are added daily
Ratings and Reviews
Could be better
My biggest problem with the app is the free version and the timing of the ads or commercials. I understand they are necessary for those of us not wanting to commit to a monthly fee- But the timing! If I turn this on it might be because a family member has medical issues and I just saw a ambulance going their direction- I only have a couple mins to catch the most identifying (Important) information.... I don’t want to watch a few ads first- Give people time to hear the call go out when possible- There has to be another way like allowing a customer the chance to watch as many ads as they want to earn “minutes” that can be applied the next time they use the app- Perhaps at closing or option during with a pop up but not completely shutting it off until they sit through it when starting app up- A lot of crucial info goes out during the initial call..
I also notice it’s always shutting off at random when your trying to have it in the background... Otherwise it works pretty good, I’ve tried a couple others and always go back to this one every time!
Using as a Police Scanner
I really enjoy this app! Have not delved beyond the police scanner yet, as that was main reason to use it.
It works exactly as you would want for that. So many options! I live in a large city in CO and rest of my family live back in MI. This lets me not only know what is happening here in this huge city around me, but I can keep an ear out on my adult kids to👍🏼
Interesting how you learn that when police departments complain how underfunded they are, or under staffed, by hearing that on any given weekend, in any district, only 3-4 cars are on the late night shift, and complaint calls hold for over 24 hrs....you can understand the frustration from not only the people in the city, but very much so by the police who have to answer those insanely late response times! Last weekend Friday night, 2am, 4 different calls were held involving guns and knives simply because there was no one to respond!
Yup. Sorry for the long story, but this app has actual learning value to it. 109% recommendation ✌🏽
Great Free App
I've owned a handheld digital scanner for years, and it was with me for much of my free time and always when I was in the car. Unfortunately it got knocked off a table and is not working. This app helps fill the gap pretty well. I like that I can listen to other areas from home and can tune in to home when traveling. I love that it has a timer that turns the app off if I fall asleep listening. I listen almost exclusively to law enforcement/fire. The one thing I do not like about the app is that more than one channel will run at a time. With City, County and Fire all going at the same time it is sometimes impossible to know what is happening. This is the next best thing to my handheld.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rego Apps, LLC
- 86.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Rego Apps
- In-App Purchases
- Police Scanner + Pro Edition $3.99