Be the first to know about shootings, riots, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, looting, protests, earthquakes, bombing, terrorism, biohazard, fire and crime happening nearby
The largest collection of live police, firefighter, aircraft, railroad, emergency, news, and ham radios. Be the first to know about weather, news, and crime updates.
Thanks to our fans for making 5-0 Radio the #1 most downloaded police scanner app on the market. This app is one of top 100 most downloaded iOS apps since 2009.
- New “Feeds with Active Alerts” feature that shows you feeds with interesting on-going activity and breaking news happening right now along with a description of the alert, breaking info, location, and feed.
- Listen to feeds in the background. You can run other apps while listening to the police. Pause the feeds via the media controls on your device.
- Automatically attempts to reconnect the feed if you lose the connection.
- Listen to feeds on your desktop/laptop computer. Email yourself a link to the feed, and open that link on your browser or with your favorite mp3 player.
- Ability to add custom feeds
- Chat with other users
- The web browser also automatically detects feeds and integrates it with the radio. Now you can add feeds from the web by simply tapping on the feed's link via our browser.
- Share feeds with your friends by email. They do not need to buy this app to listen with you. They can listen in with any device that has a web browser.
- Worldwide coverage. Listen to feeds from the United States, Canada, Australia and more. Our app is always expanding and looking for new police radios to tap into.
- List scanners by county. Don't just list all feeds in a state, get only the ones that are from your city/county.
- Integrated map that finds your location and the location of the feed. Now you can find where the action is happening and follow along.
- Built-in police/EMS/fire/military codes and phonetic alphabet for easy interpretation. Good for any beginners who do not have the proper training and have trouble remembering what the codes mean.
- Save your favorites to the front screen of the app for quick one-tap access.
- This app will dynamically grab a new list of sources so that you will always be the first to get any new police feeds out there.
- See the popularity of each feed. Each feed lists the number of listeners who are following the action along with you.
- Choose new skins or make your own. Skins can be any photo you choose from your photos library.
- New police feeds and others are added on an hourly basis, so keep checking if we added yours recently.
Upgrade to 5-0 Radio Pro to remove ads, add even more feeds, and new features.
It is legal in most countries to listen to police feeds. However, it is illegal in some places to use this app to aid in the commission of a crime or to pose as a police officer when you are not. It may also be illegal to use it while driving. Please consult your local laws before using this app outside of your home.
Is it fake?
It's very real. Each feed comes from a person in that region with an expensive police scanner sharing the signal with you via the internet.
The delay between the real radio feed and this app is only a few seconds depending on buffering and internet speeds.
Check out our website SmartestApple.com for other great apps from us
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
The best scanner app I have found.
I have used this scanner app for years now. A few times I tried out other apps that did not come close to this one. I check out what is happening locally most of the time. I hear sirens in the town I live in, turn on the scanner app and quickly I am able to hear what is happening. It also has a list of what the codes stand for that I really appreciate. To be honest sometimes I listen to the scanner and I hear of car accidents and emergencies and get my mind wondering if it involves someone I know. I feel I need to contact my kids to make sure they are safe. They are adults. When that happens it is time to stop listening because I am getting a little too overboard. I also enjoy listening to the scanner in large cities. It is quite entertaining to me. There are only a few adds that really are not a bother. Years of using this app has not cost anything. It is one of the best apps I have on my phone. My only complaint is the channel for the county I live in at times has a lot of talking from a different county in my state and is a bit confusing and sometimes annoying. But I don’t know if that has anything to do with this app. It probably does not but I am not knowledgeable about how it works. I thank the administrators of this app for the free service I use quite frequently. Great job!
Everyone should have this
I am so thankful for this app. It has helped me to become more aware of the calls our local police and other emergency services take. A lot more happens than the news reports and there is a lot of good work those folks do. I live in a smaller city and our police were called to 3 different situations at practically the same time: one was domestic abuse, another a peeping Tom and another reported suicidal person. The team worked together and took them all seriously and being the first responders. This was all at 3 am. And this was in the midst of many riots in other cities and many people telling the news that police are not doing there job. Seriously? Those people need this app and to listen to it throughout the wee hours of the morning to appreciate these folks.
Ads won’t close
I have had this app for years and always liked it. I haven’t used it in a while until today.
It didn’t save my favorites from before so I went to browse to add then again.
I could add one or two and then an ad would pop up which is expected in the free edition. But as I was going back and forth adding favorites, each ad would run a little longer every time I went back to browse. They were running for up to 5 minutes before allowing me to close them. Then the next time I went to browse some Super Cleaner ad popped up and it would not close at all. I waited for more than 10 minutes. I closed 5 0 Radio and opened it a minute later and the same ad was still there and there was no way to go back to 5 0 Radio.
At hey point I came here to write this review. It’s obvious the developer is trying to force users to buy the paid version by these tactics. I tried the app on my other phone and it the ads started getting longer and longer. I’m going to file a complaint with Apple and see if that helps.
I’ve never seen ads in any other app that made u wait more than 30 seconds before allowing you to go back to the app.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Smartest Apps LLC
- 47.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Smartest Apps LLC
- In-App Purchases
- 5-0 Radio Pro Police Scanner $39.99
- 5-0 Radio Pro Police Scanner $2.99
- 5-0 Radio Pro Police Scanner $9.99