Experience one of the best-designed painting, sketching, and drawing apps created for iPad and iPhone. Used by millions, this award-winning app brings a rich, powerful feature set to artists of all levels, whether art is your hobby, passion or career.
- Best-in-class pencils
- Minimal and intuitive interface
- Easily group layers
- Share Time-lapse recordings with your social networks
- Convert any stroke into an editable shape
- Hundreds of built-in brushes: Airbrushes, Calligraphy, Chalk, Charcoal, Glow, Lasso Fills, Pencils, Markers, Oil Paint, Paint Splatter, Spray Paint, Screentones, and Watercolor
- Realistic brush to canvas interaction
- Over 100 customizable settings for every brush
- Organize and share your favorite brushes and brush sets
- Designed for the Apple Pencil with full pressure and tilt support
- Apply real-time color adjustments and live filters to any brush
- Sample lower layers when blending
- Import and export custom brushes and sets
GETTING THE MOST OUT OF YOUR SPACE
- More canvas, less clutter with a clean, customizable interface
- Assign finger functions separate from the Apple Pencil
- Expand and collapse layers with a flick
- Dock brushes and brush settings for quick, easy editing
- Quick access eyedropper
- Rotate and flip canvas
- Group layers with a pinch
MAKING ART LESS WORK
- Pin tools and actions to the main interface
- Pull the color wheel right on the canvas with two fingers
- Add multiple reference images
- Lighting-fast saving and loading
- Step back in time with Project History
- Simple or complex symmetry with Radial or Kaleidoscope
- Draw with precision using Guides or Shapes
- Smart shape detection by pausing when drawing
- Innovative Hatching guide
NEVER LOSING PERSPECTIVE
- Design 3D cityscapes with five different perspective guides or a standard 2D grid
- Drag Rectangle and Circle shapes in perspective
- Seamless pattern projects
- Selection tools: Lasso, Rectangle, Circle, Poly, Path, Wand, Brush, and Color Range
- Industry-leading Transformations
- Transform multiple layers at once
- Gradient and Pattern Fill tools
- Target separate layers or all layers with Fill tools
- Drag with Fill tool or Magic Wand for live tolerance adjustment
- Bring your painting to life with Time-lapse
- Canvas Navigator with flip and grayscale support (for proportions and value checking)
- Clone tool with offset
- Tools for pattern creation
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO CREATE
- 64-bit color when painting
- Layer support with 30 blend modes
- Masks for layers, adjustments, and groups
- Clipping masks
- Gradient map, Color Curves, and Filter layers
- Industry-leading color correction
- Over 40 live Filters
- Focus and Tilt-shift masking
- Crop and Resize tool
- Pattern and Array tools
- Powerful selection workspace
- Photoshop®-like smart layers for multiple transformations without loss of quality
- Solo & Trace modes
- Print presets & CMYK color modes
ACCELERATE YOUR WORKFLOW
- Import from Photos, Camera, Clipboard, or Image Search
- Search over 1 million free for commercial-use images
- Export images as JPG, PNG, ZIP, layered PSD files, or Painter projects
- Share artwork to Infinite Painter's ever-growing community and see what others are creating, #InfinitePainter
- 7 days to try out everything
- 3 layers at the device resolution
- Solid Fill, Lasso selection, Basic Transform and Symmetry
- Seamless pattern projects
- All the built-in brushes and brush editing
- Smart shape detection
- HD canvas sizes and tons of layers*
- Adjustments and live Filter layers
- Layer groups
- Layer masks
- Over 40 powerful, professional tools
* Maximum number of layers depends on the canvas size and your device
TAKE INFINITE PAINTER WITH YOU
See what you can do.
- Minor bug fixes
- Improved translations
If you missed our big update:
Make yourself at Home - New Home Screen designed to perfection. Discover. Create. Organize.
Create like a Pro - New project creation gives you complete control. Added DPI, print presets, color modes, paper and Time-lapse settings.
Lightning-fast Saves - Instant saving and loading making it painless to jump between projects.
We’re making History (literally) - New Project History can restore projects to a previous point in the creation process. No more worries.
Virtual Color Modes - Change your colors anytime without affecting the color quality. Prep for print in CMYK, check your values with Grayscale, or build up an elaborate illustration in Line Art.
Layer Masks - Not only for layers. Add masks to groups and adjustment layers as well.
Transparency Blend Modes - Use the new Mask or Erase blend modes to shape multiple layers, and use Line Art for complex illustrations.
Line Art made Easy - Knock out the white background from an imported sketch or create multi-layered line work with this innovative blending mode.
New Adjustment Layers - Curves, Gradient Map, and a wide range of Filters. All completely non-destructive.
Solo & Trace - Isolate the current layer or turn your layer stack into individual pages in Solo Mode, or build up your sketch by fading out lower layers in Trace mode.
Better Color Adjustments - Our Contrast won’t affect the Saturation, and our Saturation won’t blow out your image. Test ours against your favorite photo-editor. We double dog dare you.
Innovative Hatching Guide - So simple a kid could use it. Just zigzag back and forth, and we’ll create all those beautiful strokes for you.
Non-Destructive Blending - Use Sample Lower Layers on an empty layer to blend colors from multiple layers below.
Oh, you want more:
- Share and import color palettes
- Color palette from an image
- Hexadecimal input, LAB and CMYK color sliders
- Sample Area for eyedropper
- Color pick from reference images with a tap
- Fade reference when using two fingers to compare with content
- Glaze Strokes, Wet Edges, and Orient to Screen brush settings
- New Time-lapse durations
- Project Templates - convert any Project to a Template. When tapped, it will duplicate it and open the new one. Get the perfect setup!
- Zooming in and out is smoother than ever with 120hz ProMotion support
- Selection Lasso now respects Guides
- Improved brushes for pixel art-sized canvases
- Subtract and Divide blend modes
- Better 6B and 2B pencils
- Added Shadow Script to Calligraphy and Fine Blender to Paint
- Adonit Stylus support
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great engine but needs support
Infinite Painter is one of the best art apps available out there and for those with a focus on painting, will most likely meet your needs. The brush engine is impressive, delivering realistic and fast strokes with fairly robust and granular controls. It comes equipped with really useful tools to help you out in desigin-related creation for precise and realistic rendering. UI is simple and easy to use, allowing you to access tools and controls quickly for a smooth workflow.
However, it takes some exploration to learn how to use all this, and this is Infinite Painter’s greatest weakness. There’s little to no guidance on how exactly to use this app. Sure, basic things are explained to you, but those things are intuitive anyways. So many things are just never discussed. Pinning tools, canvas manipulation, deeper brush controls/parameters, all this stuff has to be discovered through trial and error. I’ve flipped the canvas vertically before and couldn’t find a way to turn it back over. Took forever to get it back and it happened by accident. Occurred a few times before I figured out what I was doing.
I certainly hope this continues to be developed out because as of right now, it’s a great tool but needs to be pushed further to become truly excellent. Learning materials, more explanatory UI, and greater apple pencil integration would really take this a long way. Still, it’s a powerful tool as is.
Great app, robust customization
Their brushes are somehow so lush and sensual, and I’m familiar with customizing the most detailed of parameters on every popular app, but can’t put my finger on what is so lovely about these tools. It might have to do with the very friendly curve controls that can be applied and tweaked to myriad inputs to create tools that are adjusted perfectly to one’s needs or intuitions. Being experienced in audio synthesis, I notice a similarity in the approach to the touch interface in the manner that they have implemented a type of envelope curve language to take advantage of all the nuances of user input, making the brushwork remarkably “musical” to my eye. There’s really no other software that accomplishes this so well, and I wish I could afford to continue my trial version. If they had a watercolor engine that could really “bleed” colors the way that adobe’s does, I’d go in all the way, and after playing with their brushes, I fully expected that miracle. Their watercolor simulations are as good as almost any other, and I sympathize with the difficulty that must be entailed in making finished brushstrokes continue to move. I can’t even imagine how that’s done, computationally. And maybe I’ll cave in as I have on so many other apps. I’m sure to miss these glistening, gorgeous strokes. Beautiful job, whoever is responsible!
Amazing app allows the imagination to be free
The ease of use, range of brushes and colors is superb for the price. It is powerful and allow the imagination to create at a whim. The layers work great and I like the color palettes the best. Especially that is chosen a color palate base on your current art. I’m still exploring the masking which to me is a little confusing. I’ve experienced issues with the smear tool, and have some times lost layers when changing the brush size. The back button works great most of the time and can bring back my layer. I just know two things save often and always have a back up layer. The back up button sometimes does get lost. I’ve lost changes a few time but as I said back up often. I noticed that when you close out it leaves your most recent file open, I don’t like that I feel it makes it susceptible to corruption, so I have a blank that I switch to prior to closing the app. The image file when printing is not actually that big. That’s good if you’re just creating for digital but if you want to print not so good.
Again, fabulous for the price, easy to use, only a few glitches and scalability.
Give it a try best 10 bucks you’ll spend to expand your creative canvas.
- Sean Brakefield
- 121.1 MB
- Graphics & Design
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Infinite Studio LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Get Everything $9.99
- Get Everything (Trial Discount) $7.99
- Get Everything! (iPhone-only) $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.