Think, plan & create – Concepts is a flexible vector-based sketchbook where you can take your ideas from concept to reality.
Concepts reimagines the ideation process – offering a safe and dynamic workspace to iterate and explore your ideas, organize your thoughts, and experiment with designs.
With our infinite canvas, you can:
• Sketch plans and whiteboard ideas
• Make notes, doodles, and mindmaps
• Draw storyboards, product sketches and designs
Concepts is vector-based, making every stroke editable and scalable. With our Nudge, Slice and Select tools, you can easily change any element of your sketch without redrawing it.
Talented creators at Disney, Playstation, Philips, HP, Apple, Google, Unity and Illumination Entertainment use Concepts to develop and realize extraordinary ideas. Join us!
• An infinite canvas with optional paper types and grids
• Realistic pens, pencils and brushes that flow with pressure, tilt and velocity or create your own
• A tool wheel or bar you can personalize
• HSL, RGB and COPIC color wheels
• Editable vector-based sketching – move, organize and edit the tool, color, size, scale, smoothing, opacity; transform or nudge lines to shape them
• Unlimited layers
• Scale and measurement tools that calculate real-world dimensions
With Concepts, you can:
• Drag + drop images + PDF files
• Create, store and share vector Object libraries
• Export images, vector SVG + PDFs to scale for printing or efficient flow between apps (including Procreate, Sketchbook, AutoCAD and Adobe)
• Share directly to email, text, Files, cloud, photos, or your favorite social apps and present with AirPlay or a second screen
• Infinite canvas
• A selection of paper, grid types & tools to get you started
• The full COPIC color spectrum, RGB and HSL color wheels
• Five layers
• Unlimited drawings
• JPG exports
• 200+ brush and Object libraries, features, and services
• Enjoy Team Sharing for smooth collaboration, including live-sharing of object libraries, color palettes & brushes, with new updates arriving all the time
• Unlocks everything across platforms
• TRY PREMIUM FREE FOR 7 DAYS
• Buy the Essentials for life and unlock selection & editing tools, infinite layers, shape guides, custom brushes, custom grids, and exports to PNG / PSD / SVG / DXF.
• Pay for advanced features as you need them – object packs, professional brushes & PDF workflows are sold separately
• Limited to the platform you purchase on
Terms & Conditions:
• Monthly and yearly subscription payments are charged to your iTunes account at the time of purchase.
• Your plan will renew automatically at the end of the billing period unless canceled 24 hours before the billing period ends.
• You can cancel or make changes to your subscription at any time in your iTunes Account settings.
• Unused portions of any free trial period are forfeited if you make changes to your subscription.
We’re dedicated to quality and update frequently based on your feedback. Your experience matters to us. Chat with us in-app via Ask Us Anything, email us at email@example.com, or find us anywhere with @ConceptsApp.
COPIC is the trademark of Too Corporation. Many thanks to Lasse Pekkala and Osama Elfar for the cover art!
6.9.1 - BUG FIXES AND STABILITY IMPROVEMENTS
This quick update fixes the following bugs:
- Text editing overlay didn’t stay open when editing a selected text label
- PDF sometimes wasn’t rendering properly while drawing a stroke after panning/zooming
- Updating the workspace layout in a drawing affected the layout of the next drawings that were opened
If you appreciate these quick updates, please leave a great review in the App Store, and follow @ConceptsApp on your favorite social channels for tips, inspiration and more. Happy creating!
Ratings and Reviews
Virtually limitless in its potential, Concepts is the perfect home for ideas big and small. Its infinite canvas is as capable for doodling as it is for diagramming, and support for layers and custom objects can transform a basic brainstorm into a detailed document.
I don’t write many reviews, since I never have time. But this app is so smooth on my iPad Pro. I actually just do light sketching for work (i study Physics), I don’t even need all its advanced features (e.g. layers, brush creation, etc.), but theres something about the automatic color palettes for your strokes that makes me feel I can quickly sketch something that I can understand (color coding for me is important), and I cannot do this on OneNote. I used it for one semester for note-taking, and it was quite nice, but I think sketching ideas is the best use for this app. The rules is very intuitive to use, and the best one I’ve seen in an app, and it’s something I need for my work (precise ratios u know); I wish the measurement setting was a bit easier to access rather than having to go into the same sub-menu over and over again, but I really appreciate what this app is doing. Though I don’t even need the pro version, I would love to get it just to support the developers (we’ll see).
I have rarely had issues and the rendering of the strokes is so much better than OneNote (I still admire OneNote, but I always feel my work looks ugly in it). The fact you can control smoothness of your stroke is another thing I love of this app (I would like to see a quick slider on the side, instead of having to go into the submenu evverytime, but still, it’s pretty decent).
I’m sure the UX can improve, though it will take time since it’s already so good.
Amazing app, one request on new update?
Concepts team, I am constantly stunned at how you just keep making this app better and better. It literally qualifies under “such a joy to use that it actually inspires me to want to go into it, and make things.” THANK YOU.
I do have one request in regards to the newest update, which is amazing: when I pull a drawing into a different “section”, I cannot pull that drawing out of that “section,“ (and then it is stuck there), and put it into a different section, the way you used to be able to grab any drawing/file and just hold to the left or right, and it would go into the differently swiped section when they were on separate pages.
It would be oh, so nice if I could take a drawing from any group, from any section, hold, and drag it up to “on this iPad,” and place it into a different section, or perhaps, long, pressing a drawing/file, and within that little drop-down menu, not unlike, say, Goodnotes, they would also be the word “move,” aside from just copy, allowing you to move it anywhere you..
Or is there a way to do this and I am somehow missing it?
Thank you again so much, I hope you are able to respond to this question, is the only thing that has been hanging me up just a little bit with the new update, but it is otherwise, so absolutely amazing. It is usurping Procreate for me in my professional capacity in many ways, particularly on the creative process flow, to be sure.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TopHatch, Inc.
- 162.2 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © TopHatch, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Everything Monthly + Trial $4.99
- Essentials $19.99
- Everything Yearly + Trial $29.99
- Everything Monthly $4.99
- PDF Essentials $4.99
- Everything Yearly $29.99
- Essentials (iPhone Only) $4.99
- Make Your Own Objects $3.99
- Pro Pack [Legacy] $7.99
- 10 Object Packs $14.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.