Take your LEGO® Technic™ experience to a new level of realism:
• Get unique experiences designed especially for each LEGO® Technic™ Control+ model.
• Drive and operate your models in razor-sharp realistic detail with the Multi-function control mode.
• Try alternative control schemes with the One-touch screen.
• Test your vehicle-handling skills, complete challenges, unlock reward badges and spark your imagination with inspirational videos in Challenges & Achievements mode.
• Enjoy realistic sound effects, authentic controls, real-time data feedback, and lifelike features and functions.
Connect your LEGO® Technic™ 6x6 Volvo Articulated Hauler (42114) and:
• Drive forward, reverse, steer, control the speed, change gears, and unload your hauler’s bucket like a pro.
• Experience life behind the wheel of a 6x6 with your personalized dashboard and authentic cockpit controls.
• Go on Challenges & Achievements mode to test your driving skills and keep unlocking those badges!
Connect your LEGO Technic Top Gear Rally Car (42109) and:
• Drive, reverse, steer, accelerate, brake and change gears, just like a real rally driver with the Multi-function control mode and Gyro control mode.
• Get the feeling of sitting behind the steering-wheel tilting your phone to control the Top Gear Rally Car with the Gyro control.
• Get real time data from your rally car: gear level, speed and tilt log.
• Put your rally car skills to the test and unlock bronze, silver or gold medals in Challenges & Achievements mode.
Connect your LEGO® Technic™ Liebherr R 9800 Excavator set (42100) and:
• Experience the feel of a real Liebherr R 9800 control dashboard in Multi-function control mode.
• Create amazingly complex motion sequences with pre-recorded movement blocks or record new ones with the Custom-built movement screen.
• Drive forward, reverse, steer, rotate the superstructure, extend, raise and lower the boom, open and tilt the bucket, and much more – all at the touch of a fingertip.
• Select on-screen drag patterns to command the boom, arm, and bucket with total precision with the One-touch screen.
• Complete challenges and unlock reward badges in Challenges & Achievements mode. How many can you get?
• Get data feedback from your machine: boom and superstructure position, power usage, drive distance.
Is your device compatible? Please go to LEGO.com/devicecheck to check if your device is compatible. Ask your parents’ permission before going online.
LEGO® Technic™ 6x6 Volvo Articulated Hauler set (42114),
LEGO® TECHNIC™ TOP GEAR RALLY CAR set (42109),
LEGO® Technic™ X-Treme Off-Roader set (42099),
LEGO® Technic™ Liebherr R 9800 set (42100) are each sold separately.
For app support contact LEGO Consumer Service. For contact details refer to http://service.LEGO.com/contactus
BBC logo™ and © BBC 1996. Top Gear logo™ and © BBC 2005. Licensed by BBC Studios.
Liebherr” is a trademark of Liebherr-International AG, used under license by LEGO System A/S.
The Volvo trademarks (word and device) are registered trademarks of Volvo Trademark Holding AB and are used pursuant to a license.
LEGO and the LEGO logo are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2019 The LEGO Group.
We’ve added a boss customized experience for your LEGO® Technic™ 6x6 Volvo Articulated Hauler. Ready, connect – go!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Surprising Every Step of the Way
I tricked some relatives into getting me the Liebherr Excavator for a major holiday fully expecting either a smarter than average Power Functions or dumber than an average Mindstorms experience. I also expected a lot of Bluetooth headaches.
What I got was nothing short of phenomenal. Connections were flawless and painless. Firmware updates were transparent—if long. The model testing along the way barely hinted at what was possible. Ultimately the total package completely blindsided me, but in the best way.
The app is flawless: it holds your hand just enough while encouraging exploration through its achievements and rewards. Don’t like multi-touch? They’ve got you covered. While I’d rather use a text editor to program it, you can get somewhat sophisticated dragging control blocks around. And they really undersell the hardware! The app shows you the tilt of the model, updating in real time—but there’s no mention of an accelerometer or gravity sensor anywhere. What other things can it do? I’m certainly curious to get the other Control+ models now!
I can’t go 5 stars, though, because the app seems hard-coded for three LEGO models. But LEGO is all about taking things apart and making your own creations too. Yet I can’t find a way to, for example, say that “port A is the release motor on my catapult” if I disassembled the Liebherr and made a steampunk trebuchet, for example. I can rebuild my LEGO bricks, but not the app, I guess.
Great, needs work
I got the top gear rally car as a gift and had a super smooth time connecting with the app. I found the calibration super useful and the manual transmission fun to use. I did have a little problem with the gyro control though, it seemed like the sensitivity was very iffy sometimes I would have to turn my phone all the way to portait mode for a turn and other times it felt like a small bump would make the car turn a lot.
One last thing is that control+ should support custom control setups because making things into other things is what Legos all about. I think the mindstorms app is a good example of a good custom control system. I made a tank with my rally car but had to use a third party app to control it.
Thanks for your time. I hope you consider my idea.
Very cool app
App has worked great for me with the Liebherr excavator. One thing I would like to see is the ability to edit your saved movements so you don’t have to start from scratch if you want to make slight changes. This is the only reason why I don’t give it 5 stars.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for your feedback! 😀 Constructive comments from fans like you help us to keep improving our apps. Keep sharing them with us! 😊 -Keith, LEGO® Customer Service
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.