Loopy Pro is a live-looper. And a sampler. And a sequencer. And a very capable AUv3 Audio Unit host. And a DAW. And an AUv3 Audio Unit.
You get the idea. Loopy Pro is deep. But it's also designed to be friendly, and a great deal of fun.
You can set up Loopy Pro to work however you do, with features like hands-free looping with count-in, count-out and automatic loop detection; or "free" looping, where you can choose on-the-fly how long to make loops. There's even retrospective recording, where you can lock in a loop after the fact.
There's extensive MIDI controller support, including built-in support for the Launchpad and the APC40 mk2, and effortless MIDI Learn for setting up your controllers.
You can also drag-and-drop audio straight onto loops in Loopy Pro, with sophisticated tempo and pitch adjustments, and use Loopy Pro as a clip launcher, with all kinds of options for song sectioning.
The built-in mixer lets you set up insert and send effects for every channel in your project, and load AUv3 Audio Unit instruments, effects, and MIDI sequencers.
And there's a built-in sequencer, for arranging songs, and even performing them live, totally automated and hands-free.
There's also a great deal still to come.
So, what are you reading this for? Go take Loopy Pro for a spin – there's a 7-day free trial just waiting for you.
Join other Loopy Pro users on Discord, Facebook or the forums - loopypro.com/communities
Loopy Pro's Pricing Structure:
Loopy Pro has a pricing structure that mimics the classic desktop software model, in order to enable continued development:
• A 7-Day Free Trial, so you can make an informed purchasing decision.
• A one-off In-App Purchase to buy the app: to keep, forever.
– This gets you permanent access to all current features, and all those added in the following 12 months.
– It also gets you bug and compatibility fixes for the lifetime of the app.
• A completely optional "Upgrade" In-App Purchase, available any time from 12 months after initial purchase, to buy the latest features and all those released in the following 12 months, to keep forever. Upgrade once, or every year, or just when there's a new feature you want, or never upgrade after the initial purchase – it's completely up to you. And you keep what you buy, forever.
• This will allow Loopy Pro to continue evolving for years to come, while letting me support my family.
See what's coming next in Loopy Pro, help guide development and follow specific features at LP's roadmap: roadmap.loopypro.com
- Ableton Link sync improvements
- Fixed an issue that could cause some widget buttons to become unresponsive
- Fixed issue with action chaining for play actions that cause record start
- Fixed mute action when targeting colour of next/previous tapped clip
- Addressed glitches on some hardware at certain sample rates
- Allow exclusive group recording with stop-after-record mode to stop playing clips in other groups
- Allow exclusive group playback to stop recordings in other groups when stop-after-record mode in use
- Fixed “Next Tapped Clip” target for record action
- Support for IAP refund + subsequent re-purchase
Ratings and Reviews
It’s to much FUN!!!! 🎶🎸🥁🎺🎤🪘
I’ve never had so much fun with music before. I have always loved music and envied just how good some musicians are. I just know I could never be that good. I’ve tried for thirty years now. I get to a point were I learn how to play a new instrument but never master anything the talent just isn’t there. So over the years I have collected just enough knowledge on 5 or 6 of them to make some thing sound okay. With Loopy Pro I can take 5 or 6 instruments that sound okay and tweak and rearrange correct pitch, speed and tempo add FX bus sounds together. And create my own on screen controls quickly and intuitively then assign actions to those controls to control just about anything you can think of. Or map midi instruments and actions to your own controllers. I’ve spent thousands and thousands of dollars on music software over the years and never had more fun or been able to create anything so quickly and easily before. I think I like it so much because it’s so customizable you can make it look and function any way you like. I’ve never been able to learn a new music software so quickly. And I’ve never been so impressed with the support you get from the developer himself. I’ve asked a question on a facebook group about how to do something in the App. And the developer himself will respond to me. 🤩I Love It!!!
Developer Response ,
Thanks heaps! That’s great to hear!
This is not a subscription. You own the software once you buy it, period. The subsequent annual payments are just paying for feature releases. If you don't want that, no obligation. Use it as is forever. A subscription wouldn't allow that. You still get fixes for OS updates, too. If you want a product that improves over time, invest in it. If you don't see the value in that or it already does everything you need, then don't pay the measly ~$20/year and you still get to keep using the software. As for the person who left a bad review because they misunderstood this payment model, I counter that "greed" also applies to the consumer who thinks a developer owes them eternal time and effort for extra features with no additional compensation. This Dev is a good guy and fair. This product is a brilliant and beautiful creation. I recommend it without reservation.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much!
Canceled my 505
Ordered an RC505MKII months ago. Back ordered everywhere, but I could wait a few weeks, no problem. Got notified they’re looking at a 3-4 month setback. Bummer.
Later that week I was reminded of the Loopy upgrade from a post on Reddit. Realized I had everything already set up to utilize my iPad in my otherwise hardware setup. A few videos later I saw this was not the LoopyHD I knew with some bells and whistles, but much more.
Between looping korg gadget instruments and the moog model D app running thru different fx apps, and recording live drums and layering hardware synths and guitars, loopy pro has so far filled the gap in my setup and then some.
I’m hoping to utilize midi out to sequence hardware and launch sections on the fly. That’s the next trial run.
The sequencer section lets me sit at the drums and jam with myself with much more variety than my hardware alone can allow.
I’ve barely scratched the surface and I’ve already surpassed the capabilities of the 505. The number of loops alone makes it a no brainer.
Also, very pleased with the purchase method. In a world of ever increasing monthly subscriptions, this feels like a nice balance of value and keeping a project worthwhile for great developers. Hope it remains viable.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- A Tasty Pixel
- 24.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2022 A Tasty Pixel
- In-App Purchases
- 7-Day Trial $0.00
- Unlock Loopy Pro $29.99
- Upgrade $18.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.