Moonlight Mahjong is Mahjong Solitaire in virtual reality 3D, designed specifically for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Intuitive touch control allows you to tilt and turn, zoom in and out to match tiles in 3D. Play “arcade style” with progressively difficult levels and high scores, or relax with one of the non-competitive game modes. The gameplay is simple yet addictive.
Moonlight Mahjong features four main types of play:
• Scramble Mode: Match tiles faster than the automated opponent "Tilebot" through increasingly difficult levels. The board is automatically reshuffled when you run out of matches, making this game mode easy to start and fun, yet challenging on the higher levels.
• Challenge Mode: Compete against Tilebot in full puzzle mode, with no automatic reshuffling, only undo. Challenge requires more strategy than Scramble. This is the ‘pure’ form of the game, but it is difficult!
• Puzzle Mode: Solve puzzle boards with no time limit. Choose any layouts you like. This is the original game mode, what people usually think of as Mahjong Solitaire.
• Relaxation Mode: Clear boards with no time limit and automatic reshuffling when out of matches. Perfect for when you're just not in the mood to strategize or rush.
This free advertising-supported version of Moonlight Mahjong features five complete game modes (the main four, plus 'Lightning Mode'). The full version of Moonlight Mahjong offers a few additional features with no advertisements.
Moonlight Mahjong is the original 3D Mahjong Solitaire on iOS, having debuted with the launch of the App Store in 2008. It has been honored as a "Best Board Game" on the App Store, and was in the original Best 100 Apps and Games on iLounge.com.
For layout updates and news, "like" Moonlight Mahjong on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MoonlightMahjong
- Fixed a problem that might slow down the game while sounds are playing.
- Updated to the latest version of the Google Ads SDK, to provide accurate privacy information.
- Minor fixes to support iOS 13 and later.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent above all other of its kind
I Have reviewed this game app a couple years ago and with the same 5 star rating.
Same positive rating today.
The app has so so
Many options of tile faces, layouts, as well as so many varieties of game play.
What makes this game app different from ALL the other mahjong games is the ability to move the layouts up, down, Side to side , as well As enlarge the layouts to getter a larger view to find the possible matches. The navigation is so cool as well. TRULEY A 3D experience.
AND … I HAVE seen maybe a HANDFUL of LESS THAN 5 SECOND ADS since I have been playing.
Where do you see that today in any of game apps? YOU DO NOT!
This app is classic, mature, but any age can play.
The music is soft and elegant as well.
I have not one word of negative to say about this app.
Developer, I hope you do not change and join with the greed of the other game developers.
You created a breath of fresh air in this app and wish there were more created by you.
MOST HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR ALL AGES.
I've been playing this game for years! Back when losing set you back 7 levels, then 3, now 1? Now the board freezes. I click on tiles and it freezes for a couple of seconds while I watch tilebot make several matches, either catching up or surpassing me, thus I lose and am set back and back and back. Before this update, I was at level 79. I have yet to get back to that. I'm stuck between levels 61-65, continuously sent back due to the freezes. And when tilebot freezes, I can also catch up or surpass BUT (!!!) and this is a big BUT (!!!) it doesn't matter bc I could be down to just a few matches to get to the next level and BAM! Tilebot has beaten me?? With over half of its board to go??
Do what? How? When I was so far ahead and tilebot was frozen after rescrambling....
Well, I watched it one time, just to see what was going on. Yep, tilebot froze for several seconds, BUT when it started back up it was like he was in gangum mode!!! I mean, how can it get 8 matches AT ONCE!!?? AT ONCE??? Please fix this glitch!!
Okay......that's it. I'm done. As much as I have loved this game it's no longer worth the frustration. I'm deleting it.
Tilebot seems EVIL
I have been playing this game for over 5 years. It took me a long time to finally claw my way to level 40.. I do not know why but level 40 will not come up I always have to start at 30.
BUT what I have spotted in the past month or two is no matter how fast I am, somehow het whether it claims I am out of matches and I can see I am not it will reshuffle prematurely just the slow me down. He always wins and can not get get past level 16. This is BS.
I am suspicious when there are long long long delays to give me a shuffle like it is starving me off so I can not play, then suddenly it will kick in only AFTER there is NO WAY to catch up.
It is done deliberately.
And one more unsatisfying new fix is the way it clears off more pieces then it has time to make matches. Not sure if it is half the board but we are usually head to head down to the last 8 and all of a sudden I lose.
Is not letting people win more fun for you, the developer. More it stays unsolved the longer you can keep getting others to download and it remains popular. I have to know is it a marketing scheme. I promise you it is possessed now and on top of not winning a single match in 6 hours tells me this is more that just a stupid co incidence. For those of us who play it for fun it is not so much anymore-
I ha eve uninstalled and reinstalled the game to get rid of statistic and it works for a little while then it is over kill with losing-
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Michael Howard
- 46.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2008 Michael R. Howard
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.