MyScript Calculator 4+
Designed for iPad
The new MyScript© Calculator 2 makes daily math fun and easy!
Calculator 2 turns your device into an interactive piece of paper. Simply write a calculation and it gets you the result in real time. Develop it further with editing gestures or by adding new elements anywhere. Reuse previous results with drag and drop. Calculator 2 interprets everything you do on the fly.
Calculator 2 is based on MyScript Interactive Ink®, the next step for digital ink. It is the successor of the award-winning first handwriting calculator.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
· Write calculations in an intuitive and natural way without a keyboard.
· Erase easily by using scratch-out gestures to remove symbols and numbers.
· Drag and drop numbers from and to the canvas, the memory bar or to an external app.
· Copy your results to the clipboard or export them to other apps.
· Fractions: Display results using decimals, fractions or mixed numbers.
· Multi-line: Continue the same calculation on the next line or write several calculations on multiple lines.
· Memory: Save results into memory. Reuse them anytime in your calculations.
· History: Retrieve all your past calculations to reuse or export.
· Basic operations: +, -, ×, ÷, /, ·, :
· Powers, roots, exponentials: 7², √, ∛, e³
· Miscellaneous operations: %, |5|, 3!
· Brackets: ( )
· Trigonometry: sin, cos, tan, cot, cosh, sinh, tanh, coth
· Inverse trigonometry: asin, acos, atan, acot, arcsin, arccos, arctan, arccot, acosh, asinh, atanh, acoth, arcosh, arsinh, artanh, arcoth
· Logarithms: ln, log
· Constants: π, e, phi
- Stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
This Is The Future.
I have never before written an app review—such is my enthusiasm for this app. I am using a 2018 iPad Pro with Apple Pencil, and the handwriting recognition is incredible. For basic numerical calculations, it is simply stupendous to see a string of calculations reduced to a single solution in one step. The speed and fluidity of writing numbers down and then tapping calculate (or doing it in real time(there is a setting in the menu)) feels like the future of basic calculators. I wish there were more powerful calculation options, or that this input method was available for other calculation tools like PocketCAS or others, but for simple numerical calculations the rapidity is just unmatched. For accuracy or complexity, look elsewhere, but what makes this special is the handwriting recognition. Having used it, I would now pay far more and feel it was worth it—but then again, if it cost more, I might not have tried it out. I wouldn’t hesitate for anyone using a stylus type thing on a notepad sized device.
Helpful to see everyday calculations on magical paper
This is quite a useful app. It’s helpful to see your math on a page anytime you have the chance to write it down. This time, however, the page finishes your calculations once you show your work. Magic. This is something from the future. Helps me with mundane household budgeting when comparing shopping options. Especially great with the Apple Pencil, where I use this app the most, though the iPhone app is there in a pinch when you’re out and about. Very cool stuff. It would be cool to be able to change the weight of the ink; I think it’s too thick. Altering the auto-calculate time to be a little bit longer would be good too, perhaps as an adjustable setting.
Developer Response ,
D’Anconia Copper, thank you so much for your rave review! Thanks for your improvement suggestions for Calculator. We have forwarded them to our teams. In the meantime, the auto-calculation can be disabled in the Settings, so that you can decide when the result should appear. Hope this helps. Mila from MyScript
This is a great calculator and I would highly suggest it! It can do fractions, decimals, variables, all of that plus more! The detection is great and it always knows what I’m drawing! It also helps with the problem I sometimes have where I press a wrong number on the regular calculator and have to delete it all. With this you obviously draw so messing up is pretty hard! Even if you do you can just scribble it out or hit the undo button! In the end I highly recommend this app! It will save you time that may be wasted when using the built in calculator app! 5 Stars! Great App!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 14.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © MyScript
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.