iCircuit is the premier iPad and iPhone app for designing and experimenting with circuits and Arduinos. Its advanced simulation engine can handle both analog and digital circuits and features realtime always-on analysis. It is the perfect companion to students, hobbyists, and engineers.
You use it as you would any CAD program: you add elements, connect them together, and set their properties.
But iCircuit is unlike other CAD programs because it is always simulating. It's just like working with the real circuit. You do not stop to take a measurement or spend a lot of time configuring reports. Instead, you just play with the circuit as you normally would, with the power on!
There are over 70 elements you can use to build your circuits. The app has everything from a programmable Arduino, to simple resistors, to switches, to MOSFETS, to digital gates.
The app features a multimeter that you use to probe around the circuit to instantly read voltages and currents. If you want to see how a value changes over time, then you can add values to the built-in oscilloscope. The scope can simultaneously track many signals over time and features a touch interface to control the total time displayed and stacked and unstacked modes to easily compare signals. The scope can also display the Fourier transform of any signal so that you can see the performance of filters.
Supported elements include:
• Programmable Arduino using a subset of the C programming language
• Signal generators, Voltage sources, Current sources, and Dependent sources
• Resistors, Capacitors, and Inductors
• Manual SPST/SPDT and DPST/DPDT Switches, Push buttons, and Relays
• LEDs, Diodes, BJ Transistors, and MOSFETs
• Audio simulation with Speakers, Microphones, Buzzers, DC Motors, and LEDs
• ADCs, and DACs
• Logic gates: AND, OR, NAND, NOR, XOR
• JK and D Flip-flops
• 38 7400 series digital parts
• 78xx and LM317 voltage regulators
• 7-segment display and driver
• Antenna with simulated AM and FM signals
You can also create sub circuits to introduce new elements and componentize your designs.
No matter your skill set, you'll be playing with circuits in no time with iCircuit.
• Fix relays and other complex elements when used in subcircuits
• Add IEC capacitor symbols
• Add 3.3 V Arduino option
• Add support for `sizeof`, `continue`, and `break` in C code
• Improve the scope stats to update more regularly
• Fix the alignment of the SPDT switch when rotated
• Fix lasso tool when using Apple Pencils
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Awesome just needs a few fixes
This app is great. It simulates pretty much everything. There are some missing ics but way more than any other sim I’ve used. The arduino simulator is decent. There are some bugs with certain functions like “sizeof”. Hopefully this gets updated. All in all worth the sticker price. The iOS app is way better than the pc version.
sometimes circuits with dependent sources don’t converge properly. Like they’ll shoot off to infinite voltage or something when they shouldn’t. Sometimes this can be fixed by toggling the circuit on and off. Sometimes you just have to be lucky.
I’ve never seen nothing like it.
I’m a radio amateur and been designing my own equipment for almost 20 years and this takes most of the work out of getting the exact circuit values and designing a transceiver circuit by circuit. Well worth the money. Hats off to the developer, you are a genius.
- Krueger Systems, Inc.
- 160.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2020 Krueger Systems, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.