Use Nextcloud Talk to have one-on-one or group audio or video calls, create or join web conferences and send chat messages. All communication is fully encrypted and mediated by your own server, providing the highest degree of privacy possible.
Nextcloud Talk is easy to use and will always be completely free!
Nextcloud Talk supports:
* HD (H.264) audio/video calls
* Group and one-on-one calls
* Webinars & public web meetings
* Individual and group chat
* Easy screen sharing
* Mobile call & chat push notifications
* Integration in Nextcloud Files and Nextcloud Groupware
* Fully on-premise, 100% open source
* End-to-end Encrypted calls
* Scaling to millions of users
* SIP gate: dial in by phone
The Nextcloud Talk app requires a Nextcloud Talk server to function. Nextcloud is a private, self-hosted file sync and communication platform, designed to put you back in control over your data. It runs on a server of your choice, be it at home, at a service provider or in your enterprise, and gives you access to your documents, calendars, contacts, email and other data. You can share with others even across different Nextcloud servers and work together on documents. Nextcloud is fully open source, giving you the option to extend them for your own use, participate in their development or simply verify they do what we promise.
Millions of users use Nextcloud daily at businesses and homes around the world. Business users rely on the professional support of Nextcloud GmbH, making sure they have a fully supported, enterprise-ready platform for productivity and collaboration, fully under control of their IT department.
• Talk now has offline support! Read your chats without internet, like when you are on a train or a plane!
• Want to share a link while calling? You can now access the chat while in a call!
• Don’t like feedback? Participants can now get muted by moderators.
• Accessibility enhancements and bug fixes, as always. Thanks for your issue reports!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Nextcloud is Awesome!!
The project the team and community behind Nextcloud is great. This app, although not perfect, is a great addition to what is already an amazing self hosted drop box alternative. I look forward to seeing how it evolves and being a part of it.
Love how good the video calling part works even with slow internet it seems to remain stable. Now if we get the text option turned on I’d be using this app all the time. I’m just not one for video calling all that much ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Unable to view text messages
Although the call functionality is nice, it's rather useless without the ability to also view and send text messages, as that's how the majority of people will typically communicate (at least within my use case). No point in migrating to this until that's resolved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.