Olvid, the most secure messaging app in the world.
Olvid guarantees the total and definitive confidentiality of exchanges, relying solely on the mutual trust of interlocutors. For the first time, security does not rely on trusted servers.
No identification element is ever transmitted to the servers: the exploitation of personal data is not possible, neither by Olvid, nor by a third party.
Olvid protects you from unsolicited messages since the only users who can send you messages are the ones that you decided to accept within your private network. No more spam !
At the heart of Olvid, a 'cryptographic engine' coming from 5 years of research allows us to mathematically prove the integrity, the confidentiality and the anonymity of your communications.
Honorary distinctions and prizes
- Olvid is the first instant messenger providing a Certification of Security (CSPN) from ANSSI.
- Olvid is the winner of the 2020 Innovation Prize from "Les Assises" rewarding the most innovating and promising companies in the cybersecurity market.
- Olvid is the winner of the FIC 2020 Startup award
- It is now possible to customize the alert sound for message notifications. You should definitively try our very exclusive, never heard before, unprecedented polyphonic sounds :-)
- You can now easily forward any message to one or more discussions!
- Improves the reliability of the progress bars when sending and receiving attachments.
- Improves the responsiveness of the download and pause buttons on received attachments.
- While listening to a voice message, you can now switch between the internal or the external speaker.
- In addition to the media gallery, you can now browse through all the documents of a discussion!
- When leaving a group and joining it again later on, the "old" discussion is reactivated (instead of creating a new one), allowing to continue the discussion where you left it.
- The former is also true for a one-to-one discussion with a contact that you remove from your contacts and add back later.
- When sharing a screenshot using Olvid, the discussion screen would not always show a big preview of the image. This is fixed.
- The file previewer would sometimes allow sharing of ephemeral attachments. This is fixed.
- Fixes a few bugs where contact images would not always show properly.
- Fixes occasional rotation issues when setting a profile picture.
- Fixes an issue potentially preventing messages to be sent.
- Fixes multiple issues with the "delete for all" functionality.
- Fixes a bug where tapping an attachment in a discussion could show another attachment of the message.
- Improves the efficiency of messages downloads.
- The mute switch of the call screen is now clearer.
Ratings and Reviews
great improvements in the last year
one area for improvement is in the new conversation UI.
There’s too many rich messaging options that i would never use. two separate buttons for document scanning and document upload? that’s very silly. maybe let use choose which buttons should be on the bottom bar?
Developer Response ,
Hi cothalesr 👋 !
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review for Olvid!
We heard you. The rich messaging options can now be reorganized at your will, making more accessible the buttons you use the most. You can further customize this area by choosing your preferred quick emoji (globally for the entire app, with possible overrides by discussion). We hope you will like these improvements!
Have a great day and thank you again for the review 🙌.
Easy to use and does not need phone number or email to register. Excellent app.
Why you guys UI looks like it was Written by a 12 year old back in 2009.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 92.4 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Olvid SAS
- In-App Purchases
- Premium subscription $4.49
Get things done within this app using just your voice.