Phawuo is an experimental monophonic virtual-analog synth with "dirty" oscillators. Good for bass sound and effects.
New in version 3:
- OSC support
- Available for macOS (as a separate version); presets can be shared across devices
- Two special oscillators. Each one has two modes playing more rough (though antialiased waveforms with inharmonicity in higher pitches) or "cheezy" sound. Plays sawtooth / square waveform and is capable of pulse width modulation.
- distortion and feedback ring modulation for each oscillator
- 24 dB/octave state-variable filter (LP-BP-HP)
- two ADSR envelopes for amplitude and filter
- LFO to modulate the frequency and pulse width of oscillators' waveforms
- Effects section: two channels of delay + frequency shifter with feedback with some flexible routing. Also includes basic reverb
- Precise parameter editing: tap and hold finger on the slider.
- Audiobus support. Now you can stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps! See http://audiob.us for more information.
- Inter-App Audio support
- Background audio support: enabled when connected to Audiobus and user switchable otherwise.
- CoreMIDI support - virtual midi input
- improved keyboard
- minor bugfixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
So happy to see this back and getting updates again. I’ve always really liked the unique sound and flavor of this synth. Thank you
Great synth. Suddenly stuck notes on new version!
Developer Response ,
Yes, this bug is confirmed and planned to be fixed in 3.0.1
The issues may happen with keyboard in standalone app, AU MIDI input doesn't have that problem
dirty nasty crackley synth
deep synth but simple to use at least i think so... got great results in a few minutes. excellent for analog crackly wobbly staticky synth sounds.
between this app and rrarow you have an instant noise band
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.