“…a powerful music utility that is perfect for getting reacquainted with your favorite tunes.” — John Voorhees, MacStories.net
Featured in Macworld, MacStories, and Mac & i magazine, Picky is for people particular about their music, giving you full control over how you browse and listen to your albums and songs.
‣ Picky keeps your Artists and Albums lists uncluttered by hiding those with only a few songs – simply adjust the filters to taste.
‣ Queue up tracks to play later: simply swipe to the left on a song until the ‘+’ icon appears and turns solid orange, then let go to queue it.
‣ Use Picklists to quickly play (or queue) groups of songs – like playing an album without its bonus tracks.
‣ Easily sort the main Albums list and artists’ album lists with just a couple taps: by title, release date, duration, or by date added to your library.
‣ Picky lets you easily filter your Songs and Albums lists by genre (or by multiple genres). You can do things like quickly put together a mix by opening the filter, tapping on a few genres, and then closing it and tapping Shuffle.
‣ You can use the Artists and Songs filters to keep singles and one-hit-wonders tucked away, or bring them into focus when you really want to listen to them.
‣ Picky intelligently combines both grouping by artist and by album artist, so you'll always find your songs where you expect them to be. But if you prefer just one of the groupings, you can easily change that with a setting.
‣ Quickly see the list of your currently playing songs by simply swiping up in the Now Playing view.
‣ Quickly search across your entire music library with just a few taps.
‣ Picky is designed for iOS 14 and supports widgets, Dark Mode, Split View, AirPlay 2, iPad trackpads, Context Menus, VoiceOver, headphone remotes, iTunes Match, and Apple Music that has been added to your collection. You can use Picky exclusively or seamlessly switch between it and the system Music app.
Picky: for listeners with refined taste.
‣ Even more widgets! The new Random Pick widget displays albums from your collection one at a time throughout the day, and is a great way to surface deeper cuts from your library. And by popular demand I’ve also added a Recently Played widget which shows the albums you’ve most recently been listening to.
‣ Picky is now fully optimized for iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
‣ Recently Added (and Recently Played) widgets now have an option to use a more compact view that displays more albums: just touch and hold and select Edit Widget. Note: due to system limitations widgets added before this option was available can take up to a day to start loading again after the app update — to fix this faster simply remove and re-add the widget.
‣ Fixed a bug where the Recently Added widget could sometimes fail to load due to large album art.
‣ Fixed a visual glitch with the Now Playing bar and wide album art.
The reception to my last Picky update has been super motivating — thank you all for your reviews, feedback, and tips! Stay tuned for even more…
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good app to rediscover songs in your library
Rediscovering songs using a filter with multiple genres was enjoyable. To the dev, can you add a way to see song details, Like in “Cs Music” app. Details like Genre, artists, year, album, etc for the selected song as well as from now playing screen
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback — I’ll keep that info idea in mind!
Better than the native Apple Music app
This app is by far superior to the Apple Music app. From showing cd covers in artist view instead of an artist picture which is usually blank to allowing someone to see albums in the order downloaded to the iTunes collection from most recent to oldest in the entire history of the phone instead of only the last 20 or so like in the native player this app does it right! It’s worth the purchase price and you will switch to it after about a week of adjusting. I’m a big fan of this app and highly recommend it for downloaded music for picky people!!
Developer Response ,
Thanks Uevf, I’m glad you’re so pleased with Picky! 😀
Fantastic replacement for Apple’s Music app
I’ve been searching for a music app to replace Apple’s, but each one I’ve tried has problems I just can’t overlook... That is, until I tried Picky! It’s responsive, bug free, and easy to use. It has great sort options, so I can view my music just the way I want it. In my eyes, the only thing it really lacks is support for playlist folders, but since everything else is perfect, I’m willing to do without them. If you have a large collection of iTunes music like I do, I would highly recommend this app.
Developer Response ,
Glad to hear how happy with Picky you are! I’ve been meaning to investigate playlist folder support further… stay tuned 🙂
- Charles Joseph
- 8 MB
Requires iOS 14.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2020 Charles Joseph
- In-App Purchases
- Picky Deluxe $2.99
- Amazing Tip $4.99
- Unbelievable Tip $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.