Used by over 20 million children, this app features alphabet games, spelling games, phonics activities, word puzzles, nursery rhymes, and over 3,500 story books for kids.
Reading Eggs is the multi-award winning learning program that helps children learn to read. Based on scientific research and designed by experienced elementary teachers, it’s proven to help kids learn to read using interactive reading games, guided reading lessons, fun activities, and over 3,500 e-books.
Reading Eggs has already helped over 20 million children worldwide learn to read.
Access all our premium learning programs for up to four children:
• Reading Eggs Junior (ages 2–4): Toddlers build pre-reading skills such as phonemic awareness and alphabet knowledge with fun activities, games, videos, and read-aloud books.
• Reading Eggs (ages 3–7): Children take their first steps in learning to read, covering phonics, sight words, spelling, vocabulary, and comprehension.
• Fast Phonics (ages 5–10): A systematic, synthetic phonics program to help emergent and struggling readers build key phonics skills.
• Reading Eggspress (ages 7– 13): Continues the learning journey by helping children learn to read for meaning and enjoyment.
• Mathseeds (ages 3–9): Develops essential early numeracy skills, covering numbers, measurement, shapes, patterns, and more.
ABOUT THE READING EGGS LEARN TO READ APP
• TRUSTED: used in over 12,000 schools and trusted by elementary educators.
• SELF-PACED: children are matched to the perfect level and progress with self-paced, one-on-one lessons.
• HIGHLY MOTIVATING: the reward system consists of golden eggs, collectable pets, and games, motivating children to keep learning.
• RESEARCH-BASED: based on scientific research and the most up-to-date learning principles on the most effective way children learn to read.
• COMPREHENSIVE: Reading Eggs is a complete learn to read system for children aged 2–13 and covers the five essential components of reading: phonics, phonemic awareness, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension.
• PROVEN RESULTS: our hundreds of testimonials, multiple awards, 91% success rate AND money-back guarantee gives you the confidence in knowing that your child will learn to read using the most effective and results-driven online reading curriculum.
• SEE REAL PROGRESS: see instant results in your very own parent dashboard and receive detailed progress reports, which show you exactly where your child is improving and where extra attention is needed.
• LEARN TO READ ON THE GO! Your child can learn to read anytime, anywhere on a desktop or tablet device.
Users must log in with their account details to access Reading Eggs.
• Wireless internet connection
• iPad (5th Generation), iPad Air 2, iPad Pro 1st Generation
• iPad Mini 4
• iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE (1st Generation)
• iOS 12.2+
• An active trial or subscription
Recommended devices and iOS version:
• Latest iPad, Latest iPad Air, Latest iPad Pro
• Latest iPad Mini
• Latest iPhone
• Latest iOS Version
Note: Teacher accounts are currently not supported
For assistance or feedback email: email@example.com
• Each Reading Eggs and Mathseeds subscription provides access to Reading Eggs Junior, Reading Eggs, Fast Phonics, Reading Eggspress and Mathseeds
• Each Reading Eggs subscription provides access to Reading Eggs Junior, Reading Eggs, Fast Phonics and Reading Eggspress
• The first month of a monthly subscription is free
• Subscriptions renew automatically; your App Store account will be charged unless you cancel at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Cancel anytime in your App Store account settings
Terms and Conditions: http://readingeggs.com/terms/
In this release, we've made some important enhancements to the way things run behind the scenes, so make sure you update the app for an improved learning experience.
The Reading Eggs Learn to Read app features hundreds of fun reading, spelling, and alphabet games, along with phonics activities, word puzzles, and over 3,500 e-books for your little Eggsplorer to enjoy! The app includes Reading Eggs Junior (for toddlers and preschoolers), Fast Phonics (covers key phonics skills in depth), Reading Eggspress (covers spelling and comprehension), and Mathseeds (for early mathematics skills).
Ratings and Reviews
Great content; BUT…
We love the content. It’s a fun way to learn. We use this as one of our homeschool learning tools. My only problem is the sound CONSTANTLY goes out. We use this on my iPad. It’s quite annoying to have to continuously exit and re-enter the app, in an effort to get the sound to come back on. My child gets very frustrated; because, he has to keep starting over, every time we have to exit and re-enter the app, to get the sound to come back on. When this happens, it takes us over an hour to complete one level. It’s very annoying. With each app update, we hope the problem is fixed; but, NOPE! The sound is currently going out. So, I came to write this review; because, we’re frustrated and hope the developers will “squish” THIS bug!
Developer Response ,
Hi there! We really appreciate you taking time to share your experience and feedback, and are glad you enjoy the program. Please check and see if your iPad has an available software update, likely to iOS 15.3 or higher, and install. We believe the sound issues to be resolved with this latest software update. It appears you are already on the latest app version, but please let us know if the software update does not address the issue! We can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, so don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or additional concerns! Thanks, Reading Eggs Team
Love it but does need some minor corrections
We love the app but as a mother and a teacher I think on some of the activities like when it comes to selecting rhyming words or spelling a word if a child realizes they accidentally clicked the wrong letter or picture or accidentally put the letter in the wrong spot they should be able to correct it instead of it permanently staying there until you just purposely finish the spelling the word wrong or clicking the another picture for it to restart. Also having the capital Letter “Ii” being shown in two different ways (the one you typically see on a ABC line and the version that looks likes lowercase “Ll”) confuses the child especially when they are matching uppercase and lowercase letters like on the train game and they are thinking they are seeing two “Ll”. You show them the word/letter one way in a game and in a different way in a later game. Also cutting the /uh/ sounds off on the quick sounds and when deciding and blending the words holding the non-quick sounds out longer than .5 sec so they can hear the word. Also adding test for sight words, rhyming, ABCs, sounds like how there are road test for math seeds and the different topics would be really cool or just adding a section for sight words for them to keep practicing would be amazing. Other than those minor issues we love the game.
Developer Response ,
Hi there - Thank you for taking the time to send over your feedback on the program. We will get your suggestions passed on to our development team for review!
We have loved seeing our three-year-old advance in his learning since first starting Reading Eggs. We love how excited he gets when he gets the answer(s) correct and receives prizes along the way. As parents, we find this app to be not only great for learning, but for entertaining. The songs are catchy and we love that even we can remember some of the tunes. We typically have our son use the app at least 15 minutes a day, and this has been helpful during longer road-trips for us. He wants to discuss what he has been learning along the way and we find that very exciting! He likes to show his little brother what he is doing, and even he moves to the music and finds the graphics to be entertaining. We highly recommend giving Reading Eggs a try, as they do have a free 30 day trial period. If you are anything like us, it definitely won’t take the full 30 days to know that this app is the one you need.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share such an enthusiastic review, and we're thrilled to hear that the Reading Eggs and Mathseeds programs have been such a success for your child's educational experience! We are always available to assist with anything that might arise with your subscription or our programs, so please feel free to email us at email@example.com at any time. Take care, and thanks again! - Reading Eggs Team
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Blake eLearning Pty Ltd
- 203.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Blake eLearning
- In-App Purchases
- Reading Eggs+Mathseeds Monthly $13.99
- Reading Eggs Monthly $9.99
- Reading Eggs+Mathseeds Yearly $99.99
- Reading Eggs Yearly $69.99