Reading Eggs is the multi-award winning learning program that helps children learn to read. Based on scientific research and designed by experienced elementary teachers, it’s proven to help kids learn to read using interactive reading games, guided reading lessons, fun activities, and over 2,000 digital story books.
Reading Eggs has already helped over 10 million children worldwide learn to read. The monthly subscription includes full access to:
• Reading Eggs Junior (ages 2–4): Toddlers build pre-reading skills such as phonemic awareness and alphabet knowledge with fun activities, games, videos, and read-aloud books.
• Reading Eggs (ages 3-7): Children take their first steps in learning to read, covering phonics, sight words, spelling, vocabulary, and comprehension.
• Reading Eggspress (ages 7-13): Continues the learning journey by helping children learn to read for meaning and enjoyment.
• Mathseeds (ages 3–9): Develops essential early numeracy skills, covering numbers, measurement, shapes, patterns, and more.
• Printable teaching material: Hundreds of printable worksheets reinforce essential skills and concepts covered in the programs. Homeschoolers have access to detailed curriculum guides for grades K–2, as well as lesson plans, assessment tasks, printable certificates, and real-time progress reports.
ABOUT THE READING EGGS LEARN TO READ APP
TRUSTED: used in over 12,000 schools and trusted by elementary educators.
SELF-PACED: children are matched to the perfect level and progress with self-paced, one-on-one lessons.
HIGHLY MOTIVATING: the reward system consists of golden eggs, collectable pets, and games, motivating children to keep learning.
RESEARCH-BASED: based on scientific research and the most up-to-date learning principles on the most effective way children learn to read.
COMPREHENSIVE: Reading Eggs is a complete learn to read system for children aged 2–13 and covers the five essential components of reading: phonics, phonemic awareness, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension.
PROVEN RESULTS: our hundreds of testimonials, multiple awards, 91% success rate AND money-back guarantee gives you the confidence in knowing that your child will learn to read using the most effective and results-driven online reading curriculum.
SEE REAL PROGRESS: see instant results in your very own parent dashboard and receive detailed progress reports, which show you exactly where your child is improving and where extra attention is needed.
LEARN TO READ ON THE GO! Your child can learn to read anytime, anywhere on a desktop or tablet device.
Users must log in with their account details to access Reading Eggs.
• Wireless internet connection
• iPad 3+
• iPad Mini 2nd Gen+
• iPhone 5+
• iOS 9.3.5
• An active trial or subscription
Recommended devices and iOS version:
• iPad 4+
• iPad Mini 3rd Gen+
• iPhone 5s+
• iOS 10+
To get the best experience, go into your iPad settings, select ‘General’ and ensure that ‘Mute’ is selected under ‘Lock Rotation’.
Note: Teacher accounts are currently not supported
For assistance or feedback email: email@example.com
• Each subscription gives one child access to Reading Eggs Junior, Reading Eggs, Reading Eggspress, and Mathseeds
• The first month of your subscription is free. After the first month, a monthly cost is charged to your iTunes account (see prices below)
• Receive a 50% discount on the full subscription cost per month for any additional child subscribed via the Reading Eggs iPad app
• Subscriptions renew automatically; your iTunes account will be charged unless you cancel at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Cancel anytime in your iTunes Account Settings
• 1st child: $9.99 USD/month
• 2nd, 3rd & 4th child: $4.99 USD/month
Family Bonus Discount—Save 50% on any additional children
Terms and Conditions: http://readingeggs.com/terms/
Bug fixes and general improvements
Ratings and Reviews
App gets frozen screen
My kid love playing Reading egg but the screen freezes often and I have to restart it over again
Developer Response ,
We love hearing that our parents and kids love Reading Eggs! Thank you so much for the kind words. Everyday we're working to make the app better and we take your feedback very seriously. We will continue working to fix any technical issues that come up. Please don't hesistate to contect us for help at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My 5 year old math-brain son “actually loves it” - his words! This is big. My son has shown very little interest in phonics and reading. He is a heavily auditory learner who engages best with audio/visual stimuli. We are a homeschooling family and he leans toward math and science based learning. We have been using Reading Eggs as a summer curriculum in an attempt to get him on track for his kindergarten language curriculum. He even chooses Reading Eggs during his free time! He thinks the videos are funny and he laughs and LEARNS through every lesson. We are hooked. Thank you!!!
My 5 year old has been so excited to learn to read and I liked this app at first but shortly after she started using it sound started cutting out on certain games and lessons. You cannot learn to read without learning the sounds and she needs to know what she is doing since she cannot read it, there needs to be sound so she can figure out how to play. Mathseeds also needs the sound she does not understand the games for learning if it is silent. I just signed up for the trial maybe if they fix this problem we would keep it currently cannot play it
Developer Response ,
Apologies for that. Please contact us at 877-661-4898 and we can assist you on fixing the issue.
- Blake eLearning Pty Ltd
- 103.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Blake eLearning
- In-App Purchases
- Reading Eggs $9.99
- Reading Eggs (2nd child) $4.99
- Reading Eggs (3rd child) $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.