Reading Eggs is the multi-award winning learning program that helps children learn to read. Based on scientific research and designed by experienced elementary teachers, it’s proven to help kids learn to read using interactive reading games, guided reading lessons, fun activities, and over 2,000 digital story books.
Reading Eggs has already helped over 10 million children worldwide learn to read. The monthly subscription includes full access to:
• Reading Eggs Junior (ages 2–4): Toddlers build pre-reading skills such as phonemic awareness and alphabet knowledge with fun activities, games, videos, and read-aloud books.
• Reading Eggs (ages 3-7): Children take their first steps in learning to read, covering phonics, sight words, spelling, vocabulary, and comprehension.
• Reading Eggspress (ages 7-13): Continues the learning journey by helping children learn to read for meaning and enjoyment.
• Mathseeds (ages 3–9): Develops essential early numeracy skills, covering numbers, measurement, shapes, patterns, and more.
• Printable teaching material: Hundreds of printable worksheets reinforce essential skills and concepts covered in the programs. Homeschoolers have access to detailed curriculum guides for grades K–2, as well as lesson plans, assessment tasks, printable certificates, and real-time progress reports.
ABOUT THE READING EGGS LEARN TO READ APP
TRUSTED: used in over 12,000 schools and trusted by elementary educators.
SELF-PACED: children are matched to the perfect level and progress with self-paced, one-on-one lessons.
HIGHLY MOTIVATING: the reward system consists of golden eggs, collectable pets, and games, motivating children to keep learning.
RESEARCH-BASED: based on scientific research and the most up-to-date learning principles on the most effective way children learn to read.
COMPREHENSIVE: Reading Eggs is a complete learn to read system for children aged 2–13 and covers the five essential components of reading: phonics, phonemic awareness, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension.
PROVEN RESULTS: our hundreds of testimonials, multiple awards, 91% success rate AND money-back guarantee gives you the confidence in knowing that your child will learn to read using the most effective and results-driven online reading curriculum.
SEE REAL PROGRESS: see instant results in your very own parent dashboard and receive detailed progress reports, which show you exactly where your child is improving and where extra attention is needed.
LEARN TO READ ON THE GO! Your child can learn to read anytime, anywhere on a desktop or tablet device.
Users must log in with their account details to access Reading Eggs.
• Wireless internet connection
• iPad 3+
• iPad Mini 2nd Gen+
• iPhone 5+
• iOS 9.3.5
• An active trial or subscription
Recommended devices and iOS version:
• iPad 4+
• iPad Mini 3rd Gen+
• iPhone 5s+
• iOS 10+
To get the best experience, go into your iPad settings, select ‘General’ and ensure that ‘Mute’ is selected under ‘Lock Rotation’.
Note: Teacher accounts are currently not supported
For assistance or feedback email: email@example.com
• Each subscription gives one child access to Reading Eggs Junior, Reading Eggs, Reading Eggspress, and Mathseeds
• The first month of your subscription is free. After the first month, a monthly cost is charged to your iTunes account (see prices below)
• Receive a 50% discount on the full subscription cost per month for any additional child subscribed via the Reading Eggs iPad app
• Subscriptions renew automatically; your iTunes account will be charged unless you cancel at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Cancel anytime in your iTunes Account Settings
• 1st child: $9.99 USD/month
• 2nd, 3rd & 4th child: $4.99 USD/month
Family Bonus Discount—Save 50% on any additional children
Terms and Conditions: http://readingeggs.com/terms/
We've made minor improvements and bug fixes to enhance your child’s learning experience. The Reading Eggs Learn to Read app features hundreds of fun reading games, spelling games, phonics activities, word puzzles, nursery rhymes, alphabet games, and over 2,000 books and stories for kids.
The app includes Reading Eggs Junior (perfect for toddlers and preschoolers), Reading Eggspress (covers vocabulary, grammar and comprehension skills) and Mathseeds (covers early mathematics skills including counting, numbers, shapes and measurement).
Ratings and Reviews
Hreat for learning but...
My son loves the app and is learning but it is so glitchy that it makes it hard to pay for! The password is asked for everytime and it will not save so my son can not get into the app without help. Which then makes him not use it!
Developer Response ,
Hi there, If you have a good internet connection and your device meets the specification requirements, the program should run smoothly and you should not experience glitches. Please follow this link for technical requirements - https://readingeggs.com.au/technical-requirements . If your iPad does meet these, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can help to troubleshoot the issue.
We do require a password to be entered when logging in, this is due to safety and security. If you remain logged in to the app you should however be able to simply open the app and continue with the lessons without needing to log back in.
The Reading Eggs Team
So happy I could just cry!
For starters you can tell the person/persons who created this App, has a passion for kids and LEARNING! My daughter struggle with her phonics and was slow in reading. I for one never believed that an app can teach her phonics. I was totaling against digital learning. I became so desperate, I hired a company to help me. I won’t say who, but it was a total waste. One night I went online and started searching for activity sheets, books, games, anything that could help my baby. I came across this APP. My daughter is reading, and she also has excelled in math. I love the progress reports I receive, and lessons. My daughter enjoys learning. This review is for the mother or dad thats reading this and the other reviews thinking to yourself DOES IT REALLY WORK? IT DOES!
Developer Response ,
Hi there, It is so fantastic to hear that the Reading Eggs program has helped your daughter so much! We really do appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of your positive experience. We hope that you continue to enjoy the world of Reading Eggs!
The Reading Eggs Team
My 5 year old math-brain son “actually loves it” - his words! This is big. My son has shown very little interest in phonics and reading. He is a heavily auditory learner who engages best with audio/visual stimuli. We are a homeschooling family and he leans toward math and science based learning. We have been using Reading Eggs as a summer curriculum in an attempt to get him on track for his kindergarten language curriculum. He even chooses Reading Eggs during his free time! He thinks the videos are funny and he laughs and LEARNS through every lesson. We are hooked. Thank you!!!
- Blake eLearning Pty Ltd
- 102.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Blake eLearning
- In-App Purchases
- Reading Eggs (4th child) $4.99
- Reading Eggs (3rd child) $4.99
- Reading Eggs (2nd child) $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.