Seconds is widely recognized as the best interval timer for HIIT & Tabata training for mobile devices. As well as being featured by Apple, it is recommended by celebrity and personal trainers to their clients all around the globe.
INTERVAL TIMER FEATURES:
• Large, full screen, color coded display that is easy to read from a distance. The display works in either landscape or portrait.
• Templates for HIIT, Tabata and circuit training. A custom template to create every interval. And the compound editor where you can combine many interval timers into one.
• Speaks your interval names so that you can follow a workout without seeing the screen at all. Seconds can even provide prior warning of the upcoming interval. Other alerts including beeps and bells are available.
• Coordinate your music with your Tabata workout. Each interval can have its own music assigned allowing you to match the intensity of your music to the intensity of your HIIT workout.
• Seconds runs in the background allowing you to either have your display off, or use other apps while the HIIT timer is active.
• Export and import. Share the Tabata timers with friends or download them from the web and install them in Seconds.
• Stopwatch that works in landscape and portrait, highlights best and worst lap times and syncs with Apple Watch.
• A quick access countdown timer with 5 preset durations (only first 3 on Apple Watch). Upgraded users may configure their own preset durations. Countdown syncs with Apple Watch.
• Seconds can use Apple Health to: save workouts or mindful sessions, read body measurements and year of birth to calculate calorie expenditure in conjunction with a heart rate monitor.
• Added countdown screen for external displays
• Added custom message for half-way alerts
Ratings and Reviews
Use it every workout
I don’t normally write reviews for apps but for Seconds Pro I’ll make an exception. I use this app very nearly every workout. I have a folder of Rest timers, one for simple repeating intervals, one for AMRAPS, and one for complex intervals. And when I say complex, I mean as complex as my little sweaty heart could desire. Want an EMOM for 10 minutes, then rest, then uneven alternating work/rest intervals? Okay, go for it! Want epic intro music that switches to your main tunes during the timed workout? Sure! I mean, you gotta provide your own epic, but still.
Really, for a few bucks I can’t believe how much play I get from this. The only thing I could wish for - and I admit I haven’t looked yet - is a way to import/export to a file type manageable on a computer (xml?). The interval creation mechanics are a little click intensive and repetitive. Also maybe some more background colors 😁. Still not enough to drop it a star!
Compound timers frustrating to set up
I am frustrated and mystified with this app. The whole reason I bought this thing is so that I can do intervals while I'm running without having to pull my phone out of my pouch. Getting this to work for more than two types of exercise is ridiculously complicated. Navigation is not intuitive. There are nested timers within nested timers and it is unclear how they work. I have spent over an hour trying to get it to give me different beeps for different exercises (crazy, I know). I want a unique beep for high intensity, medium intensity, and low intensity. The first time I tried it, it gave me the designated beep at the END of the interval. Not helpful. Then I rearranged everything to have the beep at the end of the interval before. Worked in one instance of the interval, but then the beeps just stopped working after that, so I ended up just holding my phone while I ran so I made sure I didn't miss the next interval. AND the worst is, when you are trying to test if the beeps will work in a workout you set up, you have to jump to the interval before and just WAIT for that interval to be done. So if I want to test the beep for my sprint interval, I play at the interval before. If it's two mintues, then I have to wait for it to go through its two minute thing to test which beep is going to play. Terrible, awful, frustrating.
All You Need in a Fitness Timer app
I’ve been using this app for a few months now. It’s everything I could imagine needing in a fitness timer app. It is so versatile and so easy to customize. I’ve saved about a dozen of my own routines and it only takes a moment to program a workout found in a magazine or online. And once it is programmed, it’s there forever, whenever you need it. And with the sync feature, you can have it on all devices. I’ve even shared them with friends who have the app using the export feature.
Save your routines to a folder... or two... multiple versions even... It’s up to you. I make full workouts for my normal routine and abbreviated versions for when I’m pressed for time.
With all of my routines on hand at any given time, I have one less excuse for just getting one done. In fact, having this app has made me MUCH more consistent in my exercise regimen. I can’t say enough about it. Seven Stars! *******
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Runloop Ltd
- 56.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2020 Runloop Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.