Get started with OpenGL ES 2.0 and OpenGL ES 3.0 shader development on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch today. Create your own vertex and fragment shaders using the OpenGL Shading Language (GLSL) and compile them on your mobile device. Tweak your shader code and the values of the uniforms and see the effects immediately.
Wether you are an experienced developer or a beginner, Shaderific is a powerful and fun tool to work on your shaders on the go or to do some prototyping on the couch.
- Built-in reference for the OpenGL Shading Language
- Detailed descriptions of all GLSL data types, qualifiers, variables, constants, statements and functions
- Context-sensitive help for all GLSL keywords providing a description and usage examples (iPad)
- Code completion for keywords, functions and user-defined variables (on pressing the tab key)
- Syntax highlighting with customizable colors
- Line numbers and error highlighting
- 9 fonts in 9 sizes (6 monospaced, 3 proportional)
- Three customizable predefined themes (default, light, dark)
- Keyboard extension with frequently used keys on iPad
- Improved undo / redo support
- 28 built-in shaders ranging from simple lighting and procedural coloring to normal mapping and procedural noise generation
- Change the values of the built-in parameters and uniforms without interrupting the render loop and see the effects immediately
- Import shader files with Dropbox or iTunes Document Sharing
- 30 objects including 3 polygons, 6 polyhedrons, 7 parametric surfaces and 14 real-life items (teapot, watering can, chair, trumpet, etc.)
- Resolution of real-life objects ranges from 500 to 300,000 faces (triangles)
- Resolution of the parametric surfaces can be changed to see how this affects the quality of the rendered object
- Import objects in the Wavefront object format (.obj files)
- Export objects as header files
Draw multiple instances of the same object using the newly introduced functionality
- Particle systems with spherical and cubic shape
- Adjustable number of particles between 1,000 and 100,000
- 26 textures including 4 patterns, 4 earth maps, 6 normal maps and 2 cubemaps
- Import textures in JPEG, PNG, TIFF, GIF and BMP format
- Import supports texture2D textures as well as cubemaps
Framebuffer texture containing the previously rendered frame
Anaglyph 3D red-cyan rendering option for all shaders
- Camera texture with video stream from the built-in cameras
- Uniform with face bounds for up to 5 faces (face detection)
- Movie textures with imported movie files
- Video recording with automatic export to the photo library
FULL SCREEN MODE
- Full screen mode for image processing (e.g. texture blending)
- Hiding the menu and status bar on double tap
- Multitouch support with a uniform array in the shader programs
- Coordinates for up to 10/5 simultaneous touches on iPad/iPhone
- Import / export shader files
- Import objects (Wavefront .obj files)
- Import textures (jpeg, png, tiff, gif, bmp)
- Import movies (m4v)
- Export objects as header files with vertex, normal and face data
- Import images / movies
- Export recorded videos
- Open shader files in other iOS apps
- iTunes Document Sharing
Full support for external bluetooth keyboards
SETTINGS (PARAMETERS AND UNIFORMS)
The built-in parameters and uniforms can be changed in the settings menu without interrupting the render loop.
- Frame rate
- Object resolution (parametric surfaces)
- Number of particles (particle systems)
- Number of instances (draw_instanced)
- Video resolution
- Video playback frame rate
- Stereo anaglyph red-cyan
- Stereo intensitiy
- Global rotation (axis and velocity)
- Object rotation (axis and velocity)
Bug fixes and minor improvements
Ratings and Reviews
great app, until you need a custom model
Really enjoyed learning on the go with the shader app. Going on vacation and wanted to work on the shader for my in game character. Import my model and all the uv's are blown out! Not cool. Please fix UV import!
Text input fixed on iphone 6
The new update has fixed all the issues with writing shaders on the iphone 6. Which means the app is now exactly what I need to kill time on my commute. Awesome!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback! The problem has been fixed with the latest update. I would be happy if you would give Shaderific another try...😀
Best GLSL editor for mobile
I've been using this app constantly to experiment with shaders, with 3D models and even full screen running the built in camera to a texture and writing camera effects. It works on my phone as well so I sometimes play with ideas while I am out and inspired! The developer has been awesome, adding several feature requests I emailed in. I love it!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Gryphos GmbH
- 72.5 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Gryphos GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.