Used by over 3 million teachers and students worldwide, Showbie is the fastest, easiest, and most effective app for assignments and feedback in your iPad classroom.
Find out how easy it is to assign, collect and review student work from thousands of compatible iPad apps, or have your students complete assignments with Showbie’s built in tools. Provide rich feedback using digital ink, text and voice annotations right on images and PDFs, and then add your students’ best work to personalized digital portfolios that can be securely shared with parents.
WHAT EDUCATORS ARE SAYING
“Showbie is my number one can't live without app! It makes the iPad workflow process a breeze! I especially love how it works seamlessly with so many other apps.”
— Kristen Paino, Lead Technology Integrator at Avenues: The World School
“I don't need to convince my colleagues that they need to use this app — it sells itself. I like that it gives me the flexibility in how I choose to grade my student's work, especially with the voice notes feature. There is no single third party app that I would rather champion.”
— Suzanne Lustenhouwer, Teacher and iPad Coordinator, Apple Distinguished Educator
“I love that Showbie is so versatile that the youngest of students can use it independently, yet it is appropriate for older grades as well. The ease of use makes it a great workflow solution for classes with iPads.”
— Kristi Meeuwse, Kindergarten Teacher, Apple Distinguished Educator
KEY FEATURES FOR TEACHERS & STUDENTS
• Share work from thousands of compatible iPad apps in a few taps
• Use the pen tool and pin text notes directly on any PDF or image
• Quickly distribute instructions and materials to your whole class
• Chat privately with individual students to provide timely feedback
• Record voice notes for verbal feedback or language exercises
• Quickly review and assess batches of student work and provide rich, valuable feedback
• Add student work to individual digital portfolios, or enable students to curate their own portfolios
• Invite parents to view their student’s work and keep them informed of classroom activity
• Can be used with any classroom subject
• Available in 13 languages
ENHANCED SHOWBIE PRO FEATURES
• Record and track grades as numeric scores or letter grades, along with qualitative feedback
• Provide richer feedback with more pen colours and line thicknesses, by typing on the page, or by pinning voice notes directly to student work
• Record longer voice notes and videos and upload larger files
• Lock assignments to control student access to documents and feedback
• Give parents complete access to assignments in the classes you choose
Happy holidays! Here’s what you’ll find under the figurative tree in our December update:
- You and your students can now customize your notification settings on a per-class basis. We know you can’t admit it, but we’re going to go out on a limb and assume that some classes are just more important than others. It’s ok.
- Assignments can now be copied directly into folders. You want to put an assignment in a folder, and we at Showbie support you in this endeavour.
- Class folders are now copyable. Take that perfect bundle of assignments and distribute it to each of your classes with style and grace.
- For those of you lucky enough to own an Apple Pencil, we’ve added a new feature called Showbie Magical Pencil Sense (TM). When Apple Pencil is present, you can use your finger to navigate around the page/document, without drawing on the page accidentally.
Plus a few fixes for issues that you reported (thanks!):
- Improved reliability when uploading a large number of images at once.
- Fixed a layout issue that affected portrait-orientation Book Creator books.
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes happen when moving annotations on a multi-page document.
Stay warm, we’ll see you in 2020!
Fixed in 5.2.1:
- teachers no longer need to join a class to access All Assignments in their class list.
- when adding a pinned voice note or comment, page navigation via the bottom thumbnail bar has been disabled.
Changed in 5.2.2:
- updated our support widget so we can help you even more efficiently
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It’s Very Good
For school, I use Showbie. It’s efficient, and I know when an assignment is due in class. It’s very useful, and I’m glad it’s there. You can use it for homework, projects, and more. I’m happy to recommend this app to teachers, and this is coming from a student. Anyways, I hope y’all have a great day and download this app. :)
Working on phone
I use this app on my school iPad and it has been working terrific and never disappoints me. The only downside is that I can not use this on my phone. Every time I’m out of town and I don’t have my iPad, I always try to resort to my phone but it never works.
My Showbie doesn’t work
Showbie doesn’t work and it said don’t hesitate to ask you sooooo yeah
- Showbie Inc.
- 150.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Showbie Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Showbie Pro Edition $149.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.