Skype keeps the world talking. Say “hello” with an instant message, voice or video call, no matter what device they use Skype on. Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs, and Macs.
• Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 49 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone’s smiles and cries when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!"
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions, or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, GIFs, stickers, images from your device or web.
• SMS - Use Skype to send SMS messages to mobiles worldwide.
Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
• Privacy and Cookies policy: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=507539
• Microsoft Services Agreement: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=530144
• EU Contract Summary: https://go.skype.com/eu.contract.summary
All permissions are optional and require consent (you can continue using Skype without granting these permissions, but certain features may not be available).
• Contacts - Skype can sync and upload your device contacts to Microsoft's servers so that you can easily find and connect with your contacts that already use Skype.
• Microphone - The microphone is needed for people to hear you during audio or video calls or for you to record audio messages.
• Camera - The camera is needed for people to see you during video calls, or for you to be able to take photos or videos whilst you’re using Skype.
• Location - You can share your location with other users or use your location to help find relevant places near you.
• Photo Library - Storage is needed to be able to store photos or to share your photos with others you may chat with.
• Notifications - Notifications allow users to know when messages or calls are received even when Skype is not actively being used.
• Siri - This allows Siri to make calls in Skype.
• Calendar - Access to the calendar is so that calls can be scheduled and added to the calendar.
• Motion Usage - Motion usage is used so that Skype can detect when your device is rotated, so that Skype can orientate the camera correctly.
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Customize your theme and choose from different colors
- Translation & Language auto-detection if a participant speaks different languages
- Truvoice AI to use your own voice during a translated call in Skype
- Easily add contacts using a unique QR code
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
Visit https://go.skype.com/whatsnew for more details.
Ratings and Reviews
From the new baby to the latest sales figures, Skype makes sharing our big news better. Anyone can start calling, texting, and video-conferencing—or even dialing landlines—thanks to the intuitive design. With zillions of Skype users to connect to, it’s one of the most useful apps on our iPhone and Apple Watch.
I’ve used Skype for almost 2 years daily now
My girlfriend and I are long distance so we call each other on the daily until she visits. I’ve used Skype over other apps and I have to say it has it’s ups and downs.
Pros: You can expect calls to work perfectly as long as you both have good internet connections. Even when you internet slows down you can still see each other but the quality drops so you can load the video. As someone who’s used Skype for years I’ve noticed on newer phones that selecting things actually works unlike on slower phones where its stutters and takes time.
Cons: They’re pushing too much with emojis and filters and stuff. Why do I have an option to take a picture in the middle of a Skype call? I can literally just turn on my camera and show the person. I have to press speaker all the time when I first make a call and I’m constantly pressing the camera button and waiting forever just to close it. After a call I’m literally asked every time how the quality was. Stop shoving things in my face please. I just wanna call, not see every “great feature you have”. Personally I don’t use 90% of the things Skype has to offer. I just call and turn on my camera. I wish it would focus on that and keep it simple. I don’t wanna have a 1/8 of my screen covered by something I don’t use.
Please just make calling easier, it’s starting to make me think I should switch to Discord.
Still really happy. Telecom bargain!
I’ve left several reviews, but as an American living in Italy with lots of family in the United States, paying just over $30 a year I can make unlimited phone calls to any phone number, landline, cell phone, or even toll-free number using Skype. I know there are other free services but most won’t let you call land lines or toll-free numbers. Having that subscription I also pay another $30 a year for a San Francisco phone number that anyone can call in the United States that reaches me here in Italy on my Italian cell. It’s also great because that’s the number that shows up as caller ID when I make calls. Highly recommended. And I love the fact that if you hold your finger on the icon you can bring up the dial pad and quickly paste in any phone number in the US. The subscription plan is very cheap and very good. ONE BIG TIP: if you travel outside of the United States BEFORE you go take out a United States subscription which is now either three or 3 1/2 dollars. This way you can make unlimited calls back home for a month while you’re out of the country when you’re on Wi-Fi. Yes there are many ways to make free phone calls but the subscription will let you call landlines, toll-free numbers like maybe your bank or credit card company that you can’t access with other free services. If you make only one phone call while you’re away it will pay for the service. Then just cancel it when you get back home.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 116.9 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2003 - 2022 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Skype Credit $4.99
- Skype Credit $9.99
- United States $3.49
- Skype Credit $24.99
- United States Skype number $7.99
- World $15.49
- China $3.49
- World Extended $19.99
- Iran $7.99
- India $8.99
Get things done within this app using just your voice.