Deliver the perfect Timer's report at every club meeting without needing to carry a stopwatch, notepad, and signaling flags.
Speech Timer helps you to keep your orators in check and effortlessly deliver the Timer's reports. Say goodbye to staring at the stopwatch during club meetings and hello to enjoying your colleagues' speeches.
Speech Timer helps you to:
- Ensure that each speaker are in time and notify them accordingly.
- Remember each speaker's name, their speech, and how long they spoke.
- Present & distribute the timer's report at the end of the session.
Features & Benefits
- Show it on the big screen – display timer and orator information on an overhead projector or television over cable or wirelessly via AirPlay.
- Compact & versatile – use your device as both the stopwatch and the time signal flags.
- Synchronize your speech types and timing history accross all of your devices via iCloud.
- Compatible for the chromatically challenged – positional time marks in addition to color changes.
- Share timing report to all participants via e-mail.
This app is not affiliated with Toastmasters International.
"... was clearly written by someone who understands [a Toastmaster's] need"
– Paul Salvidge (UK App Store).
"... much easier to use than a simple stop watch"
– Alemaster (UK App Store).
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
No. Expensive with few features.
It costs $10 be able to set your own speech timing. You cannot choose the sounds it makes. You cannot turn off the feature that sounds like a bombing raid alarm. You cannot make a tone audible enough for a speaker to hear. The layout is not intuitive. It does a lot of annoying things that are supposed to be features but are not very well thought out. I tried setting the hard limit to zero and it wiped out my other timings for the speech. This is a very bad investment. Get one of the other free timers and it will work much better. This is probably the worst of all the timing programs.
Developer Response ,
The app’s sound volume follows your device’s volume settings. The “overtime” sound is meant to get the speaker off the stage and can be turned off from the configuration panel inside the app.
Goes to sleep and doesn’t wake up
Attractive interface, however…
This app does not override the autolock in the iPhone settings. This means your iPhone will go to sleep even if the app timer is running. This is unfortunate, considering that the built-in iPhone Clock app will stay awake in Stopwatch mode. In addition, even if Alert on Change is enabled in the app's Settings, an iPhone that autolocked while the app timer was running will not vibrate or wake up when an alert condition is triggered.
These problems are dealbreakers for me.
Custom Time Ranges Don't Affect Default Settings
I paid for the full version of the app so that I could add custom time ranges. After I created one, I tapped it and thought the default would change. It did not. I set a time between 1 and 3 minutes. I was still stuck with the default 5 to 7 minutes. I tried to delete the custom time range, and I was kicked out of the app. Please fix this issue!
Developer Response ,
This has been fixed. Thank you for your feedback.
- Sasmito Adibowo
- 7.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Basil Salad Software
- In-App Purchases
- Custom Speech Types $9.99
- Promo Custom Speech Types $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.