StreamByter is a plugin for creating custom MIDI effects with or without a GUI. It can be used as an Apple Audio Unit (AU) effect or as a standalone app connected via CoreMIDI virtual ports. StreamByter is ported from our acclaimed MidiFire MIDI processing environment.
An iOS device (minimum iOS 11) and a suitable AU host app such as AUM, apeMatrix, Cubasis or Sequencism is required to use the AU variant. To use with CoreMIDI, a routing app like MidiFire is recommended and an iOS device with at least iOS 8 is required.
Use StreamByter to:
- Extend the MIDI processing functionality of any AU host.
- Remap channels, notes, controllers (anything MIDI)
- Filter MIDI events coarsely or finely
- Clone or Delay any event
- Send any event automatically when plugin is loaded
- Create complex effects using programming concepts like conditionals, loops, variables (including array, timing and random), and math operators.
- Link effect logic bi-directionally with graphical sliders (remote controllable via AU parameters)
StreamByter is configured using a textual rules 'language' that defines how the effect should operate. Please see the support link to go to our website for full details.
StreamByter is built using the MidiBus library - http://midib.us
- improved handling of pasted code
- fixed keyboard issue in standalone
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is a great app for MIDI massaging. I can create multiple banks of controls from the 8 encoders on Xtouch Mini. I can send commands back to the controller as well as on to the apps. Subroutines let you package common functions, simplifying the main logic. Excellent.
Whether in the context of MIDIFire or now as a stand-alone app, StreamByter has allowed me to realize my musical intentions more fully than ever before. This is true because of Audeonic’s unwavering support in helping its users to create StreamByter code to realize creative musical ideas and functions.
StreamByter should be part of every MIDI system.
Thank you Audeonic! You have brought joy to my musical world and that of many others.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.