Arpeggio is considered to be the most outstanding lick in the world of instrumental skills. Niccolo Paganini used to amaze his listeners by the magic of arpeggios performance as on a violin, so on a guitar. His Capricci achieved the world fame. From those times musicians started to show great interest to high-speed performance of arpeggios.
Sweep Picking (aka Economy Picking) technique, represented in this app, is the key technique that will allow you to achieve a very high-speed rendition of arpeggios. The most famous guitarists like Yngwie Malmsteen (neo classic rock), Tony Macalpine (rock, extreme metal), Tosin Abasi (progressive metal), Frank Gambale (fusion, jazz), Steve Morse (Deep Purple; rock, barocco), Richie Kotzen (hard rock), Jason Becker (heavy metal, neo classic), Paul Gilbert (speed metal), Stochelo Rosenberg (gypsy jazz, manouche), John Petrucci (Dream Theater, instrumental rock), Rusty Cooley (progressive metal) and many others masterfully use sweep picking arpeggios in their music. All types of these arpeggios with fingerings, strokes, inversions and much more are integrated into one single application (WOW!)
By having this app, you will be able to play arpeggios as fast as professional guitarists do! Of course, you will need some time to practice, but result is worth it!
Sweep Picking Guitar Arpeggios
● 626 different sweeping arpeggios (incl. inversions)!
● Each can be transposed to any desired key (over 7,500 of total arpeggios incl. transposition)!
● Every arpeggio is provided with corresponding optimal fingering and a sequence of strokes, showing you necessary strokes for every note of arpeggio. These strokes (upstroke, downstroke, pull-off, hammer on, slide and tap) are provided to help you to achieve high speed arpeggios playing. Read the info page inside this application for detailed description on every stroke.
● Voice helper function helps you in learning by speaking the strokes when in Step mode
● Harmony feature: you can see and listen to the chords, over which a current arpeggio can be played. This feature can be switched off when it is unnecessary. You can also use given chord progressions for your compositions.
● Degree indicator. It allows you to examine arpeggio's scale steps in detail. (Degree on/off toggle is located at the bottom of the Settings page)
● Step-by-step note playback in both directions for more detailed learning or arpeggios
● Metrotone feature with adjustable tempo and bell sound synched to arpeggio
● Adjustable volume balance between harmony and guitar solo sounds
● Two guitar sound banks (Acoustic and Distortion) to select
● Six selectable harmony timbres to choose from
● Stereo Chorus FX for harmony chords at your choice
● Reverb effect
● Master Tune option
● Designed for both iPhone and iPad
● iPhone X supported
● Guitar Driller integration support
Note: please don't forget to launch this app at least one time to make it available in Guitar Driller's "My Content" list.
For support and documentation please visit
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Guitar Driller integration added. Guitar Driller is our brand new app, which allows you to collect exercises from various Fonexsis guitar apps into one Guitar Driller app, create and edit your own playlists for training, plus many other cool features! You can download Guitar Driller for FREE in the App Store;
- iPhone X support added;
- playback tempo is now controlled with the new "Tempo" knob, located in the bottom panel; harmony balance slider has been moved to Settings page;
- Lefty view mode added to display fretboard for Lefties (turn it on from Settings page -> Lefty view mode);
- you can now select Metrotone's sound from 6 available types;
- 15 new arpeggios added;
- improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
This app actually helped me with learning how to sweep pick and I found it a lot more helpful than the books and videos that I looked at. It has a lot of cool features and is very understandable. The layout of the app, I thought, was very simple but there is a lot of info in that one page. At first I thought that the price was really high for just one app, but after testing it out I wish that I had bought it sooner instead of buying bookshop wasting my time on videos.
Amazing and helpful app
I was very hesitant to buy this app because of the price, however I decided to take a chance. The app itself gets 5 stars, it shows around 200 arpeggio shapes in each key, plays them with backing harmony chords to the tempo you choose. Absolutely perfect for sweep picking practice and learning about arpeggio construction. There are beginner shapes and more advanced with complex movements and tapping. Honestly I'm blown away this is amazing. The negatives: there are very few. I wish the metronome tempo was easier to set, you barely touch it and it goes up 10 bpm or more, hard to set it to a specific number. I think it would be nice if the harmony chords also worked in reverse so you could enter a chord progression and have it show you matching arpeggios. I would like to be able to set the app to different tunings i tune down a half step but the app is standard tuning which can be confusing Finally I would like to be able to enter my own arpeggios to practice to, that would make this app pretty much perfect. The only other negative is the price. I'm glad I got it so in that sense it was worth it, but I think $15 would be more realistic, 25 is really high for any app. That's the reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. Otherwise I highly recommend this for anyone looking to improve their sweep picking technique. Thanks for reading!
Serious practice tools...
I'm setting out to write reviews of each of the Fonexis apps that I own because I, probably like a lot of you, was really hesitant to spend the money. They ARE pricey, but they have turned out to be some of the best practice tools that I've come across in my 30 years of playing. If you took a single guitar lesson per month, it would cost more than any of these apps, and you would get less in terms of how much progress you would make. If you spend a month practicing with the app, you're going to make progress. It's amazing what happens when you honestly do some of these exercises for several non-stop minutes in a row!
You can look up the diagrams, or get tabs, and sit down with a metronome and that's fine. What this does for you, is it presents you with the tools that you need to "drill" on a specific aspect of playing. You play along with the exercise, rather than reading it and trying to get it right. The exercise keeps going when you make a mistake, just like when you play with a band, so you get practice "jumping back in" to the music. It's priceless!
I have a bunch of their apps and they have bcome my favorite, most efficient way of getting the most from the limited amount of time that I have to work on guitar. Highly recommended!
The developer, Fonexsis, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Dmitrij Pavlov
- 21.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2018 Fonexsis
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.