Synthesizer specially designed for creating and experiments with ambient soundscapes in wide range from noises to melodic instruments and everything in between.
The sound engine of SynthScaper has its own unique sounding differ from any other software synths. You can construct outstanding melodic pads or atonal soundscapes from different kind of built-in or downloaded samples by using all power of multi-layered oscillators, chains of filters and effects, envelope generators and low frequency oscillators. Or you can create your own sound scenes combining oscillators presets from build-in library. Or just use predefined scenes.
Very flexible settings of each module give you a great opportunity for creating unique and colorful sounding from usual instruments or natural samples and adding automated changes and spatial effects for an endless variations. Different ways of assigning screen and MIDI keyboards to the oscillators provide very advanced features to control the sound. The on-screen keyboard is adapted to create special effects and varying the continuous textures and drones.
The Designer tool uses the neural network to generates new presets based on already existing by adding some random variations and checking the result so that the new preset remains similar to the selected pattern.
- Three independent oscillators.
- Three layers for each oscillator.
- Six voices for each layer.
- Six envelope generators.
- Six low frequency oscillators.
- Arpeggiator / sequencer for each oscillator.
- Designer tool for generate scenes and presets.
- General processing of level, balance, LPF, HPF for each layer.
- Three slots for filters and effects after each oscillator.
- Twenty additional selectable filters and effects.
- Spatial mixer with two different sound space.
- Screen keyboard adapted for continuous textures and soundscapes.
- Predefined set of keyboard scales and custom scales.
- Full screen, double and split features for screen keyboard.
- Options of screen keyboard for pitch, continuous, modify, velocity.
- Supports for two virtual and two MIDI keyboards at the same time.
- Flexible assigning keyboards and controls to the oscillators.
- Two main effects controls can combine several parameters.
- Uploading samples thru Dropbox, Web access, clipboard.
- Auto and manual tuning of samples with frequency analyzer.
- Set of predefined and ready-to-use scenes and presets.
- Built-in library of samples of instruments, synths, noises, etc.
- Possibility to pack and share scenes and samples as single file.
- Supports loop points and note info in WAV files.
- Detailed application description (built-in and PDF file).
- Inter-App audio compatible (with transport and BPM controls).
- Supports Audiobus 3 with "State Saving" and MIDI features.
- Supports Ableton Link with start / stop sync.
Recommended at least iPhone 6 / iPad Mini 4 / iPad Air 2 and higher.
You can find more details about SynthScaper on the website:
Overview and demo video:
Preview - http://youtu.be/qqeWdFVfBCg
Preview - http://youtu.be/vyKX0ZfJ_n8
Sound design demo - http://youtu.be/oqCz7ALNhOM
Presets demo - http://youtu.be/-pflmiFtHnc
Presets demo - http://youtu.be/InWOcfHS6rA
This update improves some UI elements, adds new features when use with MIDI keyboards and adds new presets.
- New presets inspired by sound of vintage synths.
- Separate ADSR when changing address mask for each voice.
- Sequencer can use range of keys defined by keyboard scale.
- Marks for hold keys mode for virtual and MIDI keyboard.
- Added counter that indicates use samples in presets and scenes.
- Visual meter of velocity for MIDI keyboards.
- Visual meter of modulation wheel for MIDI keyboards.
- MIDI keyboard meters can be disabled in settings.
- Oscillators controls have different color labels.
- Added text labels on oscillator controls.
- Optimization for use on iPhone XR, XS, Max.
- Audiobus SDK 3.0.6 updated.
- Ableton Link SDK 3.0.5 updated.
- Built-in description updated.
- Several bugs have been fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app.
Lots of fun to play with. Very flexible with access to just about any parameter. Still working with it and having a great time.
If you’re like me, you’ve probably bought synth after synth, looking for that big spacious sound. Look no further my friend.
This bad boy is IT! It looked intimidating to me at first, but It’s actually designed very well. If I can figure it out, I know anybody can. The designer tool is the icing on top. It will save you hours of tweaking and the results are usually better than what I could come up with anyway. The developer is a genius! And his name being Igor just makes it that much better. This crazy mad scientist has given us one incredible synth!
More Potential Than I Know What To Do With!
- Layers upon layers of user control
- A room full of analog/digital audio tech in your hand
- Developers still update and improve app
- Multiple feasible applications
- Relatively cheap for capabilities
- Harsh learning curve
- User can’t create own UI color palette
If you are serious about making music, sound effects, or audio based environments, this app is one of the best things you can get without spending a ton of money limiting yourself to a desktop and a room full of analog machines. The amount of freedom this app gives the user is amazing for a mobile format. If you are an audio engineer, music maker, or just someone trying to burn some free time, please try this app out and give the developers some love.
- Igor Vasiliev
- 71.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular,and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Igor Vasiliev
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.