#1 RPG in 75 countries, including USA, UK, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia, Japan, and China!
Sync your saved games between iOS and Mac!
Includes classic games trilogy!
They said it couldn’t be done… a full-scale massive 3D epic role-playing game on iOS! See why it’s the BIGGEST iOS game ever made!
“The Bard’s Tale is easily the funniest game I’ve ever played, and I’ve played all the funny games out there.” – IGN
You are the Bard, a selfish rogue weary of pointless sub-quests and rat-infested cellars. Through magical song you summon characters to join your quest for coin and cleavage!
“Ready your weapon and bladder as you embark on this ridiculously addicting quest and the funniest adventure of the year, The Bard’s Tale” – Game Chronicles
Prepare to immerse yourself in over 20-30 hours of adventure, featuring:
• 50 enemy types (not counting bosses!)
• A vast world to explore with towns, wild forests, rivers, castles, towers, secret dungeons, snowy mountains, caverns, haunted tombs and more
• A full cast of bizarre NPC’s
• Over a dozen special boss enemies to defeat
• 16 magical characters to discover and then summon at will to aid you
• Over 150 unique items of weaponry, armor, instruments, tokens, artifacts and loot!
• More Song & Dance numbers than any other game, including a zombie dance-off!
• Over 14 hours of outstanding voice-acting from top Hollywood talent, including Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) as the Bard, and the inimitable Tony Jay as the Narrator
But wait! That’s not all! Enjoy these great new additions in the iOS version:
• Leaderboards—for accumulated Silver and Experience!
• Achievements—over 50 spread throughout the game!
• Autosave—option to save automatically when you near a save-book in game.
• iCloud Saves—option to save to iCloud, enables sharing saves across your iOS devices.
• Time-Savers—optional in-app purchases are available to pump up your Bard and save you time! (Note: All such items are attainable through normal game-play, with time and persistence, just as in the original console release.)
• Classics Games—includes original classic games The Bard’s Tale 1, 2 & 3.
• Supports 60beat® GamePad.
Universal App with Adaptive Rendering:
For a single low price, play on all your compatible* devices! The Bard’s Tale takes full advantage of your hardware to maximize your experience--including HD resolution and 60Hz video refresh on capable devices.** iOS adaptation by Square One Games.
“This game is satire in its sharpest form” – Cheat Code Central
Play The Bard’s Tale today!
* Compatible with iOS 4.0 and higher on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 3rd generation, iPod Touch 4th generation, iPad, and iPad2&3.
** HD on iPhone 4S/5, iPad2,Mini,3&4, iPod Touch 5G. Enhanced rendering includes: environment mapping, dynamic water surfaces, full shadow cast, and 60Hz display-refresh (with in-game “Battery Savings” option turned off).
We are committed to improvement. Please send support requests through The Bard’s Tale Support link below.
IT IS HUGE!
Please note: Installation over Wi-Fi can temporarily require as much as 3.4GB of free space on your device.
Fix the Kunal Trow maps achievements.
Further layout tweaks for iPhone X.
Ratings and Reviews
My Favorite iOS Game
I held off on purchasing Bard’s Tale initially because some of the graphics previews made me think it was just a port of an old Commodore 64 title, or some sort of satirical game, but it is actually an extremely impressive hi-res, 3D isometric RPG action/adventure, that ALSO includes the original BT trilogy. I don’t know what I was thinking...but in all fairness, I’d never heard of it or played it before. I guess you could say it is a little bit like DungeonSiege with a narrative, and lots of gags, humor and music woven in, but it really is its own creature. It is not an open world, and the quests so far have been pretty linear, but I’m not that far in (I don’t think), and remain hopeful that things may yet branch out a little bit. We’ll see. In any case, it is the best iOS game I have played bar none, and my current favorite. I think it is more fun than Baldur’s Gate, Planescape: Torment, and Titan Quest, all of which I found kind of boring, not to mention overly-complex, which didn’t really help me relax. No offense intended. I’ve simply had a lot of fun with Bard’s Tale so far, and find it quite entertaining. I suggest you buy it.
Update: I’m playing the game on a 12.9” iPad Pro (256) running iOS 11.2.2, with no problems whatsoever.
Best $3.00 I’ve ever spent on IOS
This game has at least 15 - 20 hours of gameplay for an extremely nominal outright purchase price. There are no micro-transactions to upgrade your character or equipment. There are literally zero attempts to get you to spend any money other than the initial purchase price which if I recall was around $2.99. This was a refreshing blast back to the days when we could just purchase a game without hitting the pay to win wall. The narration was very entertaining. The gameplay was not at all glitchy as claimed by other reviews. It was just an all around fun game without having to make a life commitment to daily quests and guild, etc.
Yeah umm ok
If you’re look for a story line and character development look elsewhere. It is an old school classic hack and slash waste of time. Very addictive and frustrating at times. The graphics are kind of small even on an iPad. Clunky controls and cutscenes become very tedious at times. I finished the game. I bought the app because of how much I remembered enjoying the game on Xbox original. I like how it makes fun of the whole rpg grind. Go there kill that monster collect this that and the other meet a new npc do the same thing again and again and again all the while being insulted by a stodgy narrator and being told what a terrible person you are by everyone throughout the land. This game is not for someone with low self esteem. It’s was worth a play through for old times sake. I’m getting rid of it. Thus ends the Bard’s Tale for me. Good Riddance!
- inXile Entertainment
- 1.8 GB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2004-2017 inXile entertaiment, inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Bard Epic Transformation Training $2.99
- Coin Clipping Kit $0.99
- Bard Training $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.