An easy-to-use, open-source two-factor authentication app designed specifically for iOS.
Tofu generates one-time passwords to help you protect your online accounts. These passwords are used together with your normal password when you sign into services like Google, Facebook, Dropbox, Amazon, and GitHub.
Tofu works with all services that provide two-factor authentication using the HOTP and TOTP algorithms. It does not require a network or cellular connection and can be used in airplane mode.
- Scan the QR code your issuer provides to automatically add your account.
- Search your accounts by name to quickly find the one you're looking for.
- Support for both counter-based and time-based one-time passwords with 6 or 8 digits using the SHA1, SHA256, and SHA512 algorithms.
- Requires no network or cellular connection and can be used in airplane mode.
- All your account details are safely stored in the iOS keychain.
Tofu is open source and free software licensed under the ISC license. The source code is available for review and modification on https://github.com/calleerlandsson/tofu.
- Fix a problem that could cause the app to crash on launch on iOS 12
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
For those looking for Google alternatives!
This app has been flawless for me up until recently when I had to upgrade phones. All my 2fa setups evaporated. However, trust is big in this digital world and I’m going back in hopes the developers get that fixed! Thanks for your hard work!
This app is free, simple to use, and open source. For me, it is easier to use than more well known apps.
I do wish it had PIN lock/Face ID.
Great app, only one issue
Great authentication app. Works flawlessly. Never had an issue. Only complaint is not being able to change the icon for manually entered items. Would like to see an option to manually select icons to match.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.