Control playback, speed, PiP (& more) of web videos in Safari - with this clever web extension.
Vidimote upgrades for your video watching experience:
• SPEEEED: watch videos at up to 2 x original speed, finely adjustable in 5% steps. Save time watching videos - without missing out on any content. Or watch a live stream's recorded part at increased speed - until you're "back to live".
• EXTENDED PICTURE IN PICTURE (PiP): Vidimote adds controls to the macOS PiP feature for Safari web videos: now you can jump ±10 seconds, adjust speed, see the time remaining and more. Use Vidimote to move web videos to PiP, then control them directly there and continue watching while using other apps.
• CONTROL: jump ±10 seconds, use the position slider and - of course - play and pause.
• ACTUAL TIME REMAINING: see how much _actual_ time remains to the end of the video - adjusted to the playback speed.
• LIVE STREAM CLOCK: see the approximate clock time for your current position in the live stream, making it really easy to find - for example - the beginning of a show.
• DEFAULT SPEED: in the app, pick a default speed in which you want web videos in Safari to be played back by default.
• VOLUME: precisely control the volume of web videos with Vidimote's large slider with built-in percentage display.
• MUTE/UNMUTE: mute and unmute web videos.
• SETTINGS: launch the app to change the default speed, jump intervals, minimum and maximum speeds.
Thanks to its unique mesh technology, Vidimote can control HTML5 web videos on almost all web sites, including those of Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, Disney Plus, Apple TV+ (tv.apple.com), Vimeo, MagentaTV, Dailymotion, Twitch, TED.com, Udemy, Coursera, Skillshare, Khan Academy, Twitter, TikTok, Reddit, Facebook, ownCloud, Nextcloud, Dropbox, Amazon Drive, Google Drive and OneDrive.
Should you ever run into a web video in Safari that can't be controlled with Vidimote, please let us know via our website's contact/support form, because we'd really love to have a look.
macOS 10.13 or later with Safari 13.1.2 or later.
- improved compatibility with Netflix
Ratings and Reviews
How can I set jump back and forward second?
What I wish is to set my own jump back and forward time to 3 seconds rather than the default 10s. But I cannot find it has such setting for us.
Developer Response ,
Since version 1.5, you can now set your own jump intervals in the app.
Very well done!
Very well done extension! Grateful to have easy control speed, rewind, fast forward.
-ability to have two different “jumps” for rewind and fast forward (there could be two circles on either side of the play button for, say, 5 seconds and 10 seconds, each user definable)
-ability to set increment for speed + and - buttons (for example 0.2 or 0.25, rather than the current constant 0.1)
-ability to drag the interface to a different part of the screen (is it possible? 😆)
Not bad but it should be cheaper
I like the app I just hate the fact that the video in the back gets alittle darker when you have the control showing , alittle update shoukd fix that other than that all good .
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- IOSPIRIT GmbH
- 3.4 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 IOSPIRIT GmbH. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.