Control playback, speed (& more) of web videos in Safari - with this clever web extension.
The Vidimote upgrades for your video watching experience:
• SPEEEED: watch videos at up to 2 x original speed, finely adjustable in 5% steps. Save time watching videos - without missing out on any content. Or watch a live stream's recorded part at increased speed - until you're "back to live".
• CONTROL: jump ±10 seconds, use the position slider and - of course - play and pause.
• ACTUAL TIME REMAINING: see how much _actual_ time remains to the end of the video - adjusted to the playback speed.
• LIVE STREAM CLOCK: see the approximate clock time for your current position in the live stream, making it really easy to find f.ex. the beginning of a show.
• PICTURE IN PICTURE (PiP): move web videos to picture in picture - and continue watching while using other apps.
• FULLSCREEN: enlarge web videos to fullscreen.
• MUTE/UNMUTE: mute and unmute web videos.
Vidimote was written and designed to work with HTML5 web videos everywhere - and in our testing it has, including the websites of Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Twitch, TED.com, Udemy, Khan Academy, MagentaTV, Twitter, TikTok, Reddit, Facebook, ownCloud, Nextcloud, Dropbox, Amazon Drive, Google Drive and OneDrive.
Given the sheer number of websites out there, however, we can't guarantee that Vidimote works with every single web video out there. If you run into a video where it doesn't work, please let us know via our website's contact/support form.
- Vidimote now has settings! Inside the app, you can pick your own skip intervals, and change the available minimum and maximum playback speeds to your liking.
- new technology stack (codenamed "Infinite Mesh") for locating and controlling videos, greatly expanding the number of compatible websites
Thanks for your feedback and support everyone!
Ratings and Reviews
How can I set jump back and forward second?
What I wish is to set my own jump back and forward time to 3 seconds rather than the default 10s. But I cannot find it has such setting for us.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback! Right now, the jump intervals can't be configured, but the addition of an option for this is on the roadmap.
Not bad but it should be cheaper
I like the app I just hate the fact that the video in the back gets alittle darker when you have the control showing , alittle update shoukd fix that other than that all good .
Edit: works now on many types of videos!
I wasEdit: with the new update, works very well! on all types of videos!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- IOSPIRIT GmbH
- 2 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 IOSPIRIT GmbH. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.