Private Internet Access VPN
Protect your privacy with Private Internet Access®, the world's leading VPN service for iOS users on iPhone and iPad. Private Internet Access®, or PIA, enables users to encrypt their network traffic and stay protected when surfing the web. Add privacy and security to private and public networks when you browse the Internet and use Wi-Fi, whether connected to a hotspot or at home. High speeds, unlimited bandwidth, connect with 10 devices simultaneously (smartphones, tablets, computers), no traffic logs, and 24/7 professional, native English speaking customer support.
WHY USE VPN FROM PRIVATE INTERNET ACCESS®?
• Low price. $3.33 per month if you purchase a 1 year subscription ($39.99/year) or $6.99 on a monthly basis.
• Reliable and trusted VPN provider since 2010 with a proven no log policy.
• Privacy is our Policy. Here at PIA, we not only provide a great VPN service at a low price, but we also support organizations like the Electronic Frontier Foundation, FightForTheFuture, Creative Commons, Open Rights Group, Index on Censorship, freenode, Wireguard, Arch Linux, and many others.
We respect your privacy and anonymity.
BY USING VPN FROM PRIVATE INTERNET ACCESS®, YOU GET:
• IP Cloaking. Your IP address will be changed to a Private Internet Access IP address to hide your identity and location. Hide your IP address to stop data trackers, snoopers, and hackers from tracking your browsing and search activity.
• Data Encryption. Encrypt your internet traffic with our VPN proxy. Our trusted online privacy service creates several security layers which keep you anonymous and prevent access to your data. It’s time to change your WiFi habits. Don’t use WiFi without our secure VPN to proxy your internet traffic!
• WiFi Security. With WPA and WPA2 now kracked, you need a VPN to protect your WiFi everywhere - not just in hotspots, coffee shops, cafes, hotels, and airports. If you use WiFi hotspots without encryption, your data can be seen, blocked, throttled, censored, or otherwise changed.
• Content Blocker. The Safari Content Blocker blocks ads, trackers, and malware while browsing with Safari.
WHAT DO OUR CUSTOMERS THINK?
“Never had a problem. Has been my go to VPN for the past 2 years. Awesome service ever since”
“Firstly, the company is second to none in terms of support, troubleshooting, and individualized assistance. Their nodes and hubs are top speed. Their client is streamlined and has a tremendous ease of use.”
“This is my go to app for VPN. Been using Windows version for years and the iPad version is great.”
“No hiccups, no crashes or anything. It just works great. Bear in mind you have to subscribe to the service for this to work. I highly recommend it.”
“Simple and solid. No issues even when traveling.”
“Hard to find a nit with this app. (...) The iOS app allows a quicker toggle on/off than digging into settings, for VPN hostile iOS apps like Pandora and Netflix. I like PIA’s value for the money, and I have not had any trouble whatsoever with the iOS app. I recommend this app, and PIA, as one of your layers of online security.”
“I did my homework, reviewing many VPN services. PIA was among the most economical, plenty of simultaneous connections and more than enough servers and services. (...) The speed is more than I hoped for. I can stream all YouTube videos. HD quality is superb with no buffering. I am happy to have this extra security on all our devices. My wife could not tell the difference after I installed it on her PC. I think I paid $39.99/year. What a bargain!”
This application only sends username and encrypted passwords to our servers as part of using this app. During signups, we also collect user's email. We do not collect and/or store any other user information. https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/terms-of-service/
- Added iOS 14 Widgets - Use the PIA widget to easily initialize a VPN connection directly from the home screen without opening the app. This feature is available only on iOS 14.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Exactly as advertised, very user friendly
I had considered getting a private VPN for a very long time. It was actually a top priority on the “stuff I really want to do but keep putting off for some reason” list that I’m sure many people have. The idea of hackers, spammers, data miners, the government, or anyone really tracking and monitoring my IP address for any number of purposes never sat well with me.
I think part of my apprehension was that I’m not exactly a tech savvy guy. I’m in my mid twenties, I’m far from computer illiterate don’t get me wrong, I’m just not particularly adept with them and whenever I would research VPNs they always sounded like they would be a pain to set up. However, when I finally pulled the trigger and got PIA, I was very pleasantly surprised to see exactly how easy and user friendly it was to set up and get working.
Seriously, I mean it. It took no time at all to create an account, download the application, and then PIA does the rest. Within 15 minutes I was up and running on a private VPN on both my phone and laptop and my only regret was not having done this sooner. I would absolutely recommend PIA to friends, family, and pretty much anyone who’d bother to ask. Not to mention I’ve got another 8 devices available to use on the plan I purchased to share with people which I’m pretty excited about too. Very cool PIA, very cool.
Never had a problem. Has been my go to VPN for the past 2 years. Awesome service ever since 👌
Update: to all the negative reviews out there - there’s a ton of options to tweak to make the connection more stable. In fact, this is the only VPN service I know of that offers 3 different options (IPSec, IKEv2, AND OpenVPN). EXPERIMENT!! Not all Wi-Fi is the same. Try changing the connection options. IKEv2 is usually the most stable with OpenVPN coming in second. With the latter you can even change the port number. Maybe stop complaining and actually try to do some research. I’ve had this app for over 2 years and it’s never failed. And for those very strict environments there’s always the official OpenVPN app with preconfigured PIA profiles for literally any situation.
And before you ask - I was NOT paid to write this or am getting a discount. I’m just sick of reading reviews from people who seem like they’d rather complain than explore the myriad of connection options this offered by this service /rant
I don’t know what you guys did on this new update, but now it’s a huge struggle to connect on iPad and iPhone. It’s try...try...try again, over and over and over hoping it will connect. Switching regions is till a 50% chance it will catch. On my Mac Pro it’s produces slow buffering video streaming even at 100mps speed, slow website loading on both Safari and Firefox and major connection issues on iPad and iPhone. Huge disappointment to a customer of 3 years. Sending “slow speed complaint” for the last 3 years weekly has not improved the service at all and is getting very annoying now. This new update put me over the edge to look for a better service. My one year is up in a month and will be looking for a better provider.
**UPDATE** Since the new Mac update recently, everything is running beautifully...connection is flawless on Mac. Connection speed is faster, disconnection speed is also faster. The new design is great and have had no problems with this new Mac update. So CHEERS to the nice job. What ever you did to the Mac update needs to be done with iPhone and iPad update. Connection problems still arise when connecting to Canada and Mexico on iPad and iPhone even after iPhone PIA update. I use them because of the lower MS numbers. Thank you for fixing the Mac issues. Here’s hoping fixes will come to iPad and iPhone issues.
Developer Response ,
I am sorry to hear about the connection issues you were experiencing! If you still require assistance with this please contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as ATTN:SMR and we'd be more than happy to assist further. -PIA CS Team
- Private Internet Access, Inc.
- 79.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 Private Internet Access, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Year of VPN Service $39.99
- Month of VPN Service $6.99
- Year of VPN Service $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.