Weather maps, local forecast and live radar alerts straight to your pocket: check The Weather Channel, an IBM Business, and know whether to prepare for a summery day or for clouds! And with our rain tracker, getting caught without an umbrella will be a thing of the past.
Find all the weather information you need to plan ahead with confidence. We give you accurate weather forecast reports that can help you plan up to 15 days in advance - wherever you are!
The Weather Channel: Top 3 Features
1. Plan your day up to two weeks in advance with hourly & daily forecasts.
2. Get your current conditions at a glance with weather data that’s relevant where you are.
3. Stay safe: find a rain and hurricane tracker, and get severe weather alerts with radar images as well as safety tips from the National Weather Service.
Plan outdoor activities with confidence.
• Planning an adventure? Check the forecast so you don’t get caught in the rain.
• Want to catch that romantic sunset or enjoy a crisp walk in the park? Get detailed information on sunset times, allergies and pollen reports and much more.
• Run smart with GoRun! Find the best possible running conditions and plan your perfect route.
Keep informed on the latest weather news.
• Stay safe during extreme weather events. From flash floods to storms, we’ll send you live alerts and expert safety advice, so you’ll always be prepared.
• Concerned about allergies? Get high-risk allergy alerts and medical advice to help you beat them!
• Check out Warming Signs with Kait Parker every Tuesday in Apple Podcasts
Easily access all the weather information you need.
• Quickly find all the weather data you care about in one place: your smart home screen!
• Get precise weather updates, severe weather alerts and more of your favorite features right from your Apple Watch.
Privacy & Feedback
• If you have any questions or suggestions about our weather service, please do not hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are constantly working to improve your app experience. In this update:
• Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Please email us at email@example.com with any suggestions or questions.
Ratings and Reviews
Update: New update seems much better!!
I’ll just reiterate what everyone else is saying: GO BACK to the old interface. Too many ads, videos, and useless information. We have this app for weather. Newer version is incredibly hard to navigate, always takes forever to load and then reloads to the beginning several times before being able to get to the next few days’ forecast of whichever city I need. Extremely frustrating when I’m out of town or planning a trip, finally get to the section that actually tells me the weather forecast and it reloads to my current city. Also seems to be data-intensive because when I was out in the woods the other day (where weather information was extremely important at the time) I couldn’t get the app to load to save my life but was able to get other apps to load, albeit slowly. Eventually ended up googling the weather from my web browser and that worked...again, we use this app because the forecast tends to be reliable, but the usability of the app is getting to the point where it’s a wash. Been on the verge of deleting it in recent weeks. I’ll give it a couple more updates, then I’m out. Not worth the frustration.
Updated Comments: The app has gone from bad to totally unusable. The “current location” feature gives me the weather and alerts for an area that is 20 miles away. This is particularly annoying and dangerous on severe weather days. Further I repeatedly get notifications about about what the weather will be like tomorrow in different area area that 20 miles away from where I live, in a completely different direction. To make matters worse, when I try and report the errors, the email address provided within the app come back with a delivery failure because it is invalid. After years of loving the Weather Channel on so many levels, and trusting them to keep me informed and safe, I am done. Wish I could give this app a negative star rating.
This used to be a great app. Clean, concise, simple and accurate. However, all the “updates” and redesigns during the last year or so have turned it into one hot mess. It takes forever to load, crashes repeatedly, removes saved locations and settings with each update, and keeps sending me forecasts and alerts for cities where I do not live, have never been to and could care less about. I have sent these concerns to support several times and nothing is ever fixed or even addressed. It’s all about advertising and video features. I have used this app for years, yet am getting ready to delete it. I am so disappointed.
Money grab developers strike again
Back a few years ago in the early days of the App Store, probably 8-10 years ago in fact, I purchased the ad free version of this app called Weather Channel Max. Good app, no ads and it worked well. Then about 2-3 years ago the app updated and said that this app will no longer be supported and that would be the final update. It stated the other version(the one with ads) would be the only version supported. I continued to use the app I paid for until it kept crashing after iOS updates and was pretty much forced to use the app with ads. Now I see you can go premium on this app and remove ads. That really ticks me off considering I had previously paid for the ad free version, only to have them snub it. I, at first, just thought they were only getting rid of max so they would force those who paid a one time fee for the ad free version back on the app that has ads. Not only was that true, but now, in hopes that people would forget(which I didn’t) they now offer a monthly subscription service to get rid of ads. This is a sad attempt at getting even more money from me. I will now be deleting the app and using another app instead. I’ve already given enough money to you all only to be asked for more. I’m really disappointed how greedy developers are becoming and all over an app that gives you mediocre weather reports.
- The Weather Channel
- 221 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2019 TWC Product and Technology, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $3.99
- The Weather Channel Premium $9.99
- The Weather Channel Premium $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.