Offline geology, geophysical imagery and prospecting, mining and exploration data covering all of Australia & New Zealand.
Overview video: http://trilobite.solutions/maps/videos/
Includes New Zealand.
Has a low-cost ANNUAL subscription - with a 1-week FREE trial - details below.
Australian Geology Travel Maps is a field app that displays the best available data from the government geological surveys in interactive maps created by Trilobite Solutions. It does not have any reliance on cell phone reception in the field, and uses GPS so your location is always marked on the map. Maps are downloaded to your phone when have an internet connection, and from that point on, you are independent of the internet.
The simple geology maps are rich with contextual data - including shaded relief, roads, towns, tracks, rivers, lakes, geographic names, indigenous land, national parks & provincial parks.
App development, system maintenance and user support is fully-funded by subscriptions - there is no in-app advertising and your data is absolutely PRIVATE.
- $11.99/year for Australians (1-week FREE trial)
- required by ALL app users to run the app
• record your trails and write notes on marked locations
• geology is spoken when you cross a boundary while driving
• overlay any map semi-transparently over any other map
• export trails and marked locations to Google Earth or your GIS
• import trails and marked locations from Google Earth
• import geojson data and mbtiles maps (videos on web-site)
• draw straight line to target destination
All AUSTRALIAN states:
• simple geology
• detailed geology
• symbolised resource map
• aero-magnetics imagery
• recorded locations for many resource types
• mining and lease boundaries
• geology map
• earth resources
• earthquakes overlay
WA prospector subscription
- $17.99/year for Australians (1-week FREE trial)
- access to specialised prospecting maps
• live/pending tenement boundaries (updated after every working day)
• map of gold resources
• drill holes overlay
• display selected WA tenements
• 1:250k topo maps for all of WA
• graticular blocks overlay
QLD, NSW & VIC gold subscription
- each $7.99/year for Australians (1-week FREE trial)
• symbolised gold map for the state (updated 3-monthly)
Subscriptions cover all your iPhones & iPads.
When in the field, please PUT YOUR PHONE INTO FLIGHT MODE. This greatly extends your phone's battery life.
Warning: iPads without SIM sockets do not have GPS hardware, so will NOT determine your LOCATION IN THE FIELD.
Trial and subscriptions details:
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at the end of the 1-week trial period, unless you cancel your subscription at least 24 hours before the trial has finished, in which case NO CHARGE IS MADE.
• Subscription automatically renews each year unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period
• Subscriptions may be managed by you, and auto-renewal may be turned off within the SETTINGS APP on your iPhone/iPad
More maps have been designated as overlays
App description updated for price reductions
Ratings and Reviews
Great app BUT why tracking at all times & could do with CarPlay
I have been using the app now for quite a few years and find it very useful. So far I have used it in WA, SA, NSW and VIC. Having said that it is not evolving, in particular;
1) It is till using location services ALWAYS time rather than the preferable While Using the App.
2) I often use the app in car, (thats why its talking to me) so why no apple car-play. I am often scatting with local laws as I drive around looking for outcrop looking at the phone and my GPS.
3) The overlay features between roads tracks and satellite are poorly resolved. Given the great public domain satellite I use it al the time.
4) What’s with state boarders? We have to toggle maps and then colours are not consistent. Try looking for outcrop near Mildura!
5) It would be great to be able to make layers invisible. If I am only interested in the Blanch-Town Clay-stone then being able to see the roads and satellite imagery around would help.
6) Unify ages so they are both named and have numeric values.
If a stone doesn’t keep rolling it will collect moss.
Will review again after I’ve used it more.
I’ve just downloaded this app and starting to work it all out. It would be useful in Victoria, (not sure about other States as I haven’t been to them) to have a crown land overlay. It’s one thing being able to research an area but another knowing if you are allowed to be there, I think this would be quite useful.
Thanks and I hope to get lots of use from your app.
I love that it is add free.
Andrew Campbell Gold Prospector
This is the most comprehensive and versatile App I have found for my needs. I prospect and detect for gold all over Australia and use it to extensively research locations before I arrive at my destinations, then it’s used in the field to pinpoint these areas of interest. The Australian Geology App is so portable and has the great advantage that it can be used in those remote areas where there is no internet. Besides using this App for gold prospecting I’m constantly using it on a daily basis when I’m travelling around Australia. What a great education tool.
The developer has created the perfect App and is to be congratulated. I can thoroughly recommend it to anybody who is travelling Australia.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- David Collins
- 41 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Trilobite Solutions 2018
- In-App Purchases
- App subscription $11.99
- WA prospector $17.99
- Gold QLD $7.99
- Gold VIC $7.99
- Gold NSW $7.99