Transform your iPhone or iPad into a powerful 4WD offroad GPS navigator with Offline Topo maps of Australia. BillyGoat is the 4WD mapping app purpose built for 4WD enthusiast.
• Australian 4X4, Camping, Touring, Hiking maps.
• Get directions to any destination. BillyGoat automatically plots routes turn by turn to your destinations, including routing via 4WD tracks.*
• Stunning 3D shaded mapping.
• 1:5,000 scale. Unbeatable!
• Full coverage of Australia.
• Maps Works OFFLINE, no internet or phone connectivity required.
• Real-time GPS - see your exact location on the map at all times.
• 10,000+ Campsites & Caravan parks with Amenities.
• GPS tracking records where you’ve been. (aka Bread crumbs feature)*
• See your GPS speed in real time.
Perfect for a quick weekend camp or an epic outback touring trip of a lifetime, BillyGoat is the must have companion app for 4WD, Camping and Touring enthusiasts.
BillyGoat simplifies trip planning by figuring out the best route to your destination, including routing via 4WD offroad tracks.
On an iPhone or iPad, the best in class 4WD Topo map come to life, rendering Roads, 4WD Tracks, Fire trials, Points of Interest and Terrain topography in stunning levels clarity.
As you travel, see your location update in real time on a map. Should you lose your bearings, BillyGoat can record a tracklog (bread crumb) of your process so you can easily retrace your steps.
Finding a place to crash for the night has never been easier. BillyGoat features a comprehensive database of over 10,000 Campsites and Caravan parks with amenities.
All of these features work seamlessly OFFLINE, without the need for internet or phone connectivity.
BillyGoat packs detailed 4WD maps, campsites and powerful navigation features in a simple to use package.
Download BillyGoat now and you will be ready to explore OFF the beaten track!
* Features require an All access pass subscription.
Although a SIM card is not needed, a Cellular model of the iPad is needed for GPS location features. If you have a WiFi only iPad, which does not have a built in GPS, an external GPS receiver can be used. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
All access pass subscription:
Subscription automatically renews for $27.99 per 6 months after the 7 day free trial. Charges will be applied to your iTunes account at the end of the trial. Subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled within 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can cancel anytime with your iTunes account settings. For more information, see our...
1) Routing Improvements!!! Not being able to establish a route to your destination happened more often than it should. In order to improve this situation, we have made some serious optimizations to BillyGoat's routing capabilities.
2) Now you can pan and zoom the map when viewing a search result.
Ratings and Reviews
Great offline 4WD maps with Australia-wide coverage
The quality and coverage of the maps alone is reason enough to buy this app. All maps can be downloaded ahead of time (while you have WiFi coverage), even if you don’t know where you will be or what maps you will need. I’ve found the map excellent, with even the tiniest of tracks covered. 4WD routing still needs some work (eg. need to be able to plan a multi-point route ahead of time from a position you are not currently at). The developer is very responsive and I’m sure this app will get even better over time. For now, it’s one of my go-to apps for 4WDing.
Developer Response ,
Thanks Woofie, your support is much appreciated!
Superior in every way
I have been loyal to Hema maps for a long time, however, loosing access to majority of the mapping with the latest update made me look around for alternatives. Decided to try Billy goat and I’m very happy to of made the switch. The mapping and usability is better in every single way. Highly recommended!
Can’t seem to get this app to show a route at all! Having downloaded the map during the free trial, I tried to plan a route about 40km along main highways here in Central Queensland, but it apparently couldn’t find a route between my present location and my desired location. This despite their being a clear and obvious main road on their own map, google maps and apple maps. I’m not entirely convinced this product is ready for launch yet...at least in my neck of the woods. Cancelled subscription before the end of my trial. A shame, because their map does show tracks in places others don’t, like, for example, Kroombit Tops national park. Unfortunately it still won’t take me there, because it can’t find a route, even though their map shows the route. Highly disappointing!
- Equibs Solutions Pty Ltd
- 3.6 GB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Equibs Solutions Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- All Access Pass 6 months $27.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.