Classroom turns your iPad into a powerful teaching assistant, helping you guide students through a lesson, see their progress and keep them on track. With Classroom, you can easily launch the same app on every student iPad at the same time or launch a different app for each group of students. Classroom helps teachers focus on teaching, so students can focus on learning.
Assign Shared iPads to students
• Once configured, Classroom connects to nearby student iPads
• Classroom intelligently assigns students to the Shared iPad they most recently used
• Log students out of Shared iPad at the end of a session to prepare for the next class
Start, focus or pause student work
• Launch any app, website or book for students with a tap
• Lock into a single app to help students focus
• Lock screens to pause work or refocus your class
• Mute audio on student devices
See what your students see with Screen View
• See an overview of all the students’ screens at once
• Focus on a single student screen
• Students are informed when their screens are being viewed
Share documents and links with your class using AirDrop
• Share to your entire class with just one tap
• Students can also share with you
Share student work on the classroom Apple TV
• Show the great work your students are doing to the entire class
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly present a student’s screen
• Students are informed when their screens are being presented
Reset forgotten passwords directly in the classroom
• Reset a Managed Apple ID password without calling IT
Organise students using groups
• Classroom automatically creates groups of students based on the apps they are using
• Teachers can create groups to break students into project teams
• Perform actions on entire groups or on individual students within groups
Great for use with both one on one and Shared iPad student devices
Supports IT-managed classes or teacher-created classes
All actions take place over the local network only
iPad with iOS 12 or later
Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled on both students and teacher devices
Students within Bluetooth range of the teacher running Classroom
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great idea. Set up my class, several students not able to join though (connectivity issue). Quite often, student screens are not able to be seen at all, they only have to turn their iPad off (or even just close the screen) and on to be ‘offline’. Constantly needing to rejoin many students back into the class for it to work. I have an issue at present where it flicks on and off what app they are on every 5 seconds or so. Started great, very glitchy lately though. Really want this to be great.
This is probably the trashiest app apple has made so far. So in my school the teacher can look at our iPads and basically do 70 percent things on our IPad and our teacher can just look at what we are doing EVEN when we are at home and thats just wrong. In breaks or lunch time when me and my other friends play games the teacher sees what we are doing and she just locks our IPads EVEN when we are allowed to play games during breaks so that means we always have to turn of airplay and locking IPads,SO controlling other IPads and looking at their personal stuff is just completely wrong so i suggest to delete this app even if you are doing it for the money
I love this app and the ability to manage my classroom iPad use but lately I have not been able to see the end of day summary of student activity when I press end class. I have the latest version of the app so I was hoping someone can help me find the answer.
- Apple Pty Limited
- 20.6 MB
Requires iOS 12.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2019 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.