With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before.
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customise movie studio logos, cast names and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer directly in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 13 Apple-designed video filters
• Choose from 11 animated title styles like Split, Reveal or Pop-up
• Adjust any title by changing its font, colour, size, location and more
• Add solid, gradient and patterned backgrounds to your movie
• Enhance your movie by slowing down or speeding up any clip
• Easily add picture-in-picture, green screen and split screen effects
• Select from over 80 soundtracks that automatically adjust to match the length of your movie
• Add sound effects, songs from your music library and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Connect a trackpad or mouse to iPad for fast and accurate moviemaking
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro X
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video full-screen while you edit*
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your Photos library in resolutions up to 4K at 60 frames per second**
• Export a video optimised for Instagram, YouTube and other popular video destinations
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your television with Apple TV***
* External display support requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad Air 3 or later or iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) or later
** 4K at 60 frames per second support requires iPod touch (7th generation), iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 7, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air 3 or later or iPad Pro 10.5-inch or later
*** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later
• Fixes an issue in which text disappears after resetting a title or changing the font
• Fixes issues in which title text scales incorrectly or becomes uneditable after changing the title style
• Fixes an issue in which Undo becomes unavailable after changing the colour of title text
• Fixes an issue in which some lines of title text cannot be deleted
• Fixes an issue in which the Expand title animation does not play
Ratings and Reviews
Great app with Problems
I really like this app although I think that there should be a settings option so you can make the pictures not move. If there is already one, I’m not aware of it, and a lot of other people don’t either.
Please add this! I just want to say that the editing is amazing and that, but my saving has been glitchy. Sometimes it saves, sometimes it doesn’t. Also, most of the time the background noises make more sound than the edited in noises and my friends and I. Please fix that. I am nine years old, please excuse my grammar and spelling! Two more things. One, Can you make a thing where you can delete certain parts of the video, as if if you have your hand in the video, you can click a button and delete your hand, but everything else stays there. Two, Can you add a drawing tool where you click the button and pick a colour and brush then draw? Thank you!
Great With a Few Problems
I really like this app. It’s fun and easy to use. I have made some really cool videos on here. I have encountered a few problems though.... First of all if you use videos in iMovie, then delete them in your apple photos, you won’t be able to view them in iMovie again. Second of all there have been glitches while using the app. And last has been my biggest problem; For a while I stopped using the app, and when I tried to reinstall it, it wouldn’t let me. I was gutted becuase this was a great place for me to edit my videos. Then I came to the App Store to see if I could, and it told me that I could only have the old version, not the new version because I don’t have the right software. It’s quite annoying that it requires iOS 14 or later because that stops people with less advanced people from editing videos.(Me) I don’t mind using the old version, but would much rather the new one. I’m about to purchase an IPhone though so will be able to use the updated version. I really thouroughly love the though app and would recommend in future. : )
So easy to edit!
This app is really good I find it so simple and quick to edit. A new feature I’d like to see is if you could move the title around the screen to place it where you want it. Also it really needs some more music provided. Something happened recently tho, I had spent hours and hours editing this video and I was nearly done and the app had been constantly crashing and glitching, and the next time I went to do the last bit on that video, the app crashed and it hasn’t let me into it since. I’ve tried everything to get into the app, my phone has plenty of storage left and the app is up to date so that’s not the problem. If I delete the app and get it back again I’ll lose all that editing I did. Please make an update soon and fix the glitches, maybe if I can update it it’ll let me in. Thanks
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Pty Limited
- 632.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.