* Shows your current position on map as you move
* Provides active navigation from current position with turn-by-turn directions to selected POIs
* Select your mode of travel - Driving, Cycling, Walking or Straight-line
* Get travel time and distance between each point in your route plan
* Plan a route and save for future use
* Maps & Navigation work offline
* App provides access to download Places database of 90,000 POIs
* POIS appear on map as symbols - click to see what's there
* POIs include campgrounds, free camps, caravan parks, station-stays, hikes, lookouts, interesting sights, places to visit, shops, fuel, dump points, heritage sites, river crossings, 4WD destinations, aboriginal art sites, and much more. Verified and updated daily with free updates available on demand in-app
* Includes access to download Treks database of 187 routes
* Make your own Treks in-app
* Add extra POIs in-app or import GPX
* Make your own Private POIs, or make Public to share with others
* Customise map screen by selecting/filtering overlay features
* Adjust Settings to customise tools/features
* App automatically tracks and stores position data
* Use Positions Manager to select any date of previous travel to create a map with a route line (Track Log) of where you went.
* Shows path travelled on map screen (Snail Trail)
* Online maps included - latest whole of Australia topographic EOTopo 2019 at map scale 18K on Level 16 zoom, PLUS satellite map, PLUS Streets & Paths map.
* Offline map packs are available to download in-app. Free Base Pack included (whole of Australia topo map at a scale of 1:2.3M). Additional purchase of EOTopo from AU$49.99 provides 4 map packs to download to increase full zoom of the offline map to 1:144,000 map scale (144K) - don't miss this!!!!
* OPTIONAL - ExplorOz Members have option to activate Tracker to send position data automatically from the app to a webpage for family/friends/community to follow your journey. Requires ExplorOz Membership Subscription (from AU$29.99 for 12 months)
Device must have an inbuilt or external GPS to show current position & use navigation features. If you have a Wifi only iPad please note that this does not have an inbuilt GPS but you can connect an external GPS receiver. GPS usage can decrease battery life. Total of 4.38 GB storage is required for all available offline resources including the 144K map packs (East, Central, West).
- Undo Place and Trek popup clear from map screen as caused Goto problem
- Adjustment to Private Places sort order setup
Ratings and Reviews
A good app to understand and use
I have always believed with apps, that if I can not use the app intuitively within 5 minutes..then I trash it.
This is not one of those type of navigation, explore GPS apps you need a manual and a heap of patience to use.
It is within a few minutes you can understand the processes of this app and how to use it.
It needs some polishing.. it can be expensive to get some in app purchases to gain more detail..but the upgrades are fluid and the body of the app does not lose its simplicity.
Quite a good navigation app.
Could Be A Great App
This app is quite useable overall, but needs some major improvements. Being constantly told to reset location services to allow 'always' is very very annoying. The app developer has said there is nothing they can do about this problem, but that is nonsense. It doesn't just happen when you open the app. It can happen just about anytime you touch the screen when using the app. Hema and Mud Map apps don't have this issue with location services. If you don't have any background tracking features turned on, why should the app 'always' have access to your location data? A total privacy invasion. If you have allowed location services 'while using app', then why is that never enough? No other map app I have demands this constant access to my location, even when not using the app. Please fix this. The maps included when you purchase the premium pack are quite good and detailed, but the rendering of each level of map scale is only good at one zoom level. Zoom above or below the optimum zoom level for that map scale and rendering of the map is poor and fuzzy. I'm using iPad Air2. With some refinement and location service bug fixes, I would rate the app much higher.
Developer Response ,
Hi Redunes, I do recall discussing this with you and I appreciate your feedback. Happy to further explain each of your comments. As you know, if you accept the request for location services at the time of installation you will not get these constant messages. The reason for the permission request is to ensure that if you take a phone call, or minimise or put the app in the background, that vital processes don't stop - eg. the position manager data recording, snail trail and voice/navigational guidance features all require the location services, not just background tracking. Technically, this is all coupled with battery management and by implementing a foreground only process will have serious impact on battery run time.
The issue with map rendering is that each odd level (eg. 9, 11, 13) is the 100% resolution of that scale, so 144K is zoom level 13. The even zoom levels are an overzoom (so yes there will be a little pixelation visible) but this is to give user access to enlarge without requiring significantly larger file downloads.
A great app.
I’ve used this app for a few big trips now and highly rate it for its detail, information and ease of use. I don’t normally take the time to review apps which in hindsight is wrong as it’s the first thing I look at before most of my purchases. I felt compelled to write this because we all usually take the time to report the negatives. I recently updated to the latest maps and because of my incompetence had a problem. It was refreshing to be able to get onto help to sort it out straight away. So I can add great backup service to the list of positives for this app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your positive review. Yes you are correct, sadly people generally only feel compelled to write reviews when they are upset.
- I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd
- 37.2 MB
Requires iOS 9 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Offline Maps $49.99
- EOTopo 2019 App Version $49.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.