Ready your sword, pack your provisions and prepare to embark upon quests of epic proportions where YOU choose what happens next! Journey a magical realm, fighting monsters and unravelling mysteries in Fighting Fantasy Classics – text-based roleplaying adventures remastered.
FREE GAMEBOOK FOR EVERY PLAYER
Receive Jonathan Green's swashbuckling pirate adventure - Bloodbones - for free when you download the game.
MULTIPLE DIFFICULTY SETTINGS
Make the gamebooks as easy or hard as you like with a range of difficulty settings to suit the needs to every player.
AUTOMATED ADVENTURE SHEET
Which keeps track of your equipment, stats, inventory, and knowledge gained during your journey.
MAP YOUR JOURNEY
Auto mapping feature makes it easy to keep track of everywhere you have explored during both current and previous playthroughs.
COLLECTABLE ARTWORK GALLERY
Featuring classic, original artwork from Iain McCaig, Russ Nicholson, Malcolm Barter, Ian Miller, Brian Williams and more!
Specially composed ambient tracks immerse you in your adventure, transporting you to the game world.
Allow you to revisit difficult sections of the story as many times as desired.
DICE ACCELEROMETER SUPPORT
Roll your way to victory with accelerometer support - shaking the device will allow you to reroll your dice!
All this and more as you play through classic adventures including: Bloodbones, Caverns of the Snow Witch, Citadel of Chaos, City of Thieves, Deathtrap Dungeon, Forest of Doom, House of Hell, Island of the Lizard King, Trial of Champions and Warlock of Firetop Mountain, with more titles to come in future updates.
Originally presented by Steve Jackson & Ian Livingstone in the 80s and 90s, Fighting Fantasy Classics brings these timeless tales to your phone or tablet using our critically acclaimed Gamebook Adventures Engine.
Traverse the realm of Allansia, using your might and magic to hunt down evil demisorcers. Brave the dangers of Darkwood Forest to help save a doomed village of dwarves. Seek vengeance from the Pirate Lord who stole your family and destroyed your life many moons ago. Save a port-town from the wrath of an undead lord and his ghostly hound minions!
Part story, part game, in these adventures YOU ARE THE HERO!
- Fixing Achievements in House of Hell, Island of the Lizard King: we have fixed a problem with some victory achievements ( HOH - Hardcore Win. Adventurer Win, IOTLK - Adventurer Win, Free Read Win)
- Removed some image references from the Bloodbones gallery: undiscoverable images have been removed so players should be able to unlock the whole gallery.
- The Ring of Slowness in FOD will now apply a -2 Skill penalty to the bonus skill level
- Reworked the Lock of Elvin's Hair in Bloodbones -> '-1 to rolls when testing LUCK' changed to '+1 to LUCK rolls'. This will apply a +1 Luck bonus.
- Fixed the Broken Sword -2 Skill penalty in IOTLK
- Fixed multiple damage items stacking.
- Fixed Giant Wasp dealing no damage in IOTLK
- Fixed Ring of Confusion not causing the player to lose 2 Skill in IOTLK
- Dice audio triggers improved
- Fixed an incorrect link after knocking out a pirate in COT
- Fixed COT skill penalties affecting both bonus and base skill level
- Fixed a luck penalty problem with the giant idol in DD
- Fixed Luck roll popups in COT, IOTLK
- Fixed incorrect links in TOC, COC
- Fixed some items not appearing in player's inventory in TOC (short spear, rope)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great format for keeping gamebooks alive
I’ve been playing digital versions of game books from Tin Man Games on and off for a few years now, and I think the classics app is a great move - not only does it allow me to have the games all presented consistently and in one single library, but Im also looking forward seeing more and more of the old books that I loved as a kid and teen without needing to install stacks of different apps (and keep them updated, etc). A much cleaner and more sustainable concept!
I have only just started playing so I will leave a more detailed review later. So far this has been fantastic. If you liked the fighting fantasy books this is great as it makes the games so easy to play. If you are not familiar with the books then this is a great way to start. I can't wait until more titles are released but the titles already available offer a decent variety of old and new books across different themes. (Crypt of the Sorcerer would be my vote).
The Fighting Fantasy adventures were fantastic when I was growing up and I get to play them again on my phone.
Spend a few minutes playing and then I realise it’s been a few hours.
Perfect for when you have a coffee break or just want to have one more go and try to get further than before.
- Tin Man Games Pty Ltd
- 346.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Tin Man Games 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Forest of Doom $5.99
- Island of the Lizard King $5.99
- Caverns of the Snow Witch $5.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.