Collect your GIFs. Share them. Love them! If you're a GIF connoisseur, then you need an app that's as serious about them as you are. That's where GIFwrapped comes in.
• Use iCloud or Dropbox to add new GIFs and sync your collection. Keep your GIFs on multiple devices and have a backup in the cloud. The digital cloud. No one keeps GIFs in real clouds anymore, everything gets too wet.
• Use the bundled Messages app to share GIFs from your Library with your friends in seconds. No muss, no fuss.
• Drag and drop GIFs en mass to and from GIFwrapped. Drag them all! Drag them good!
• Find new GIFs using Giphy powered search! Just bang in a phrase like "cat" or "lumpy space princess" and be prepared for pure awesome to rain down on you from the heavens.
• Import GIFs, Bursts, and Live Photos from your Photo Library. Save them back to Photos, too, if that's your jam.
• Use an extension to quickly save images to your library! It's not sexy or anything, but it is super easy and probably fun by someone's standards!
• Preview GIFs in standard or retina quality. It all depends on whether you like pixels or not.
Upgrade your GIF game even further by subscribing to GIFwrapped Premium for US$4.99 per year (may vary from country to country), which unlocks awesome features, removes ads, and supports an independent creator.
• Turn off ads. I hate 'em as much as your do, but a guy's gotta eat.
• Bookmark searches for easy access the next time you want them. These things are important for those GIF standoffs your's somehow always getting into.
• Reuse, and recycle, your search history as a list of bookmarks, so revisiting the past doesn't need to involve time travel… or memory.
• Additional information about images within the Into panel, including number of frames, duration, and more. That way you can know your GIFs inside and out.
• Turn off the embedded watermark in Bursts and Live Photos. I mean, liking GIFwrapped is one thing, but to plaster the logo over GIFs of your pets? Probably a bit much.
If you choose to subscribe to GIFwrapped Premium, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and the subscription will automatically renew within 24 hours of the end of the current period. You can manage this in Account Settings. Cancel your subscription at least 24 hours before the end of the current period to let it lapse.
Terms of Service: https://gifwrapped.co/terms
Oh, hi there! You got here just in time for me to tell you about the improvements in this release. Nothing big, mind you; just a little touch up here and there to help GIFwrapped be the best it can be.
- When I made changes to the various sharing activities in the last release, I messed up the monitoring of the underlying progress, causing it to occasionally crash on iOS 13. In my defence, KVO is finicky… but it does help to actually handle the observation stuff in the right place, which I'm definitely doing now. Promise!
- In an attempt to improve GIFwrapped's handling of Twitter GIFs, I jumped in and made some small modifications to help it avoid failing before the underlying page finishes loading. This means you shouldn't be seeing errors that pop up briefly, only to be replaced with content a few moments later. It also means that the "Save to GIFwrapped" extension should finally work for Twitter GIFs again. Here's hoping it sticks for a while.
- While I was poking around in the Twitter-handling code, I was able to identify a couple more potential sources of tweet content, thus improving the chances that opening a tweet URL will have a happy ending, particularly on occasions when parsing the HTML itself falls over.
- On occasion, when switching from an app where the keyboard is being displayed, GIFwrapped would open up thinking that the keyboard was visible, causing it to look weird. I got a couple of bug reports about it, so I jumped in to try and stop it from happening. Fingers crossed!
- The custom preview transition was a little janky for anyone using retina pixel density, so I jumped in and fixed it up real nice. While I was at it, I took a pass at making the in-app explanation of this option a little more clear, because I've gotten confused emails more than once, which is way too many.
- I've had the option to disable URL sharing as a hidden debug option for a while, and in my desire to work towards a cleaner settings screen, I figured I could toss it in as an actual option. WHAT COULD GO WRONG
- The settings button felt wrong being above the grid view instead of being above the sidebar on iPad, so I moved it. Yeah, you heard me. I know I promised no big changes, but I really couldn't help myself.
That's it! Just a short on this time. I'm still over here continuing to work on improving things, so if you need to get in touch, just send an email to email@example.com, or hit up @gifwrapped on Twitter. I'll do my best to help you out.
Until next time!
Ratings and Reviews
Fellow Gif nerds - this is the one!
So easy to use, fantastic search function, heaps of awesome features. There’s nothing not to love!
Keeps crashing whenever I attempt to view a gif
Really enjoy this app as it is a pain to save gifs but recently whenever I put a link in and then try to view a gif, the app crashes. I would really appreciate it if you could get it fixed please.
Gifs not saving
The app was working fine since I installed it but now I can’t seem to save gifs at all. I just get a message saying unable to save at this time. I try again a day or 2 later and it still won’t save
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Daniel Farrelly
- 26.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2021 Daniel Farrelly
- In-App Purchases
- GIFwrapped Premium $7.99
- GIFwrapped Premium $0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.