Collect your GIFs. Share them. Love them! If you're a GIF connoisseur, then you need an app that's as serious about them as you are. That's where GIFwrapped comes in.
• Use iCloud or Dropbox to add new GIFs and sync your collection. Keep your GIFs on multiple devices and have a backup in the cloud. The digital cloud. No one keeps GIFs in real clouds anymore, everything gets too wet.
• Use the bundled Messages app to share GIFs from your Library with your friends in seconds. No muss, no fuss.
• Drag and drop GIFs en mass to and from GIFwrapped. Drag them all! Drag them good!
• Find new GIFs using Giphy powered search! Just bang in a phrase like "cat" or "lumpy space princess" and be prepared for pure awesome to rain down on you from the heavens.
• Import GIFs, Bursts, and Live Photos from your Photo Library. Save them back to Photos, too, if that's your jam.
• Use an extension to quickly save images to your library! It's not sexy or anything, but it is super easy and probably fun by someone's standards!
• Preview GIFs in standard or retina quality. It all depends on whether you like pixels or not.
Upgrade your GIF game even further by subscribing to GIFwrapped Premium for US$4.99 per year (may vary from country to country), which unlocks awesome features, removes ads, and supports an independent creator.
• Turn off ads. I hate 'em as much as your do, but a guy's gotta eat.
• Bookmark searches for easy access the next time you want them. These things are important for those GIF standoffs your's somehow always getting into.
• Reuse, and recycle, your search history as a list of bookmarks, so revisiting the past doesn't need to involve time travel… or memory.
• Additional information about images within the Into panel, including number of frames, duration, and more. That way you can know your GIFs inside and out.
• Turn off the embedded watermark in Bursts and Live Photos. I mean, liking GIFwrapped is one thing, but to plaster the logo over GIFs of your pets? Probably a bit much.
If you choose to subscribe to GIFwrapped Premium, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and the subscription will automatically renew within 24 hours of the end of the current period. You can manage this in Account Settings. Cancel your subscription at least 24 hours before the end of the current period to let it lapse.
Terms of Service: https://gifwrapped.co/terms
Here comes a new update to take care of some pernicious little bugs that cropped up in the last release. Nothing huge, but important nevertheless.
- The recent update had a minor code change that made it so that sharing GIFs, even successfully, always resulted in a non-specific error message being displayed. Innocuous as that is, I couldn't let it stand, so I reversed the change that caused it. Did I cause another bug to spawn in the depths of GIFwrapped? Maybe. Probably. We may never know.
- It turns out that when I rewrote the Settings screens, I overlooked the Premium option for disabling the watermark added to Live and Burst photos when converting them to GIFs. I connected one up to the other, so it should respect what it’s set to once again.
- Like all social networks, Twitter often make changes to their website to introduce features, fix bugs… or just tweak stuff to "improve engagement". It doesn't always affect GIFwrapped's ability to download GIFs from Twitter, but sometimes they change just the right thing, and I end up with hundreds of emails telling me how bad GIFwrapped is and "how dare you censor me" which is just so much fun. Anyway, here's an update that restores parsing tweets for GIFs.
Thanks again for using GIFwrapped… especially if you're a Premium subscriber! I’m hard at work getting a macOS release ready to go, but if you need to reach out, toss an email to email@example.com, or lob a tweet to @gifwrapped on Twitter. I’ll do what I can to help.
Until next time… happy holidays!
Ratings and Reviews
Fellow Gif nerds - this is the one!
So easy to use, fantastic search function, heaps of awesome features. There’s nothing not to love!
Keeps crashing whenever I attempt to view a gif
Really enjoy this app as it is a pain to save gifs but recently whenever I put a link in and then try to view a gif, the app crashes. I would really appreciate it if you could get it fixed please.
Gifs not saving
The app was working fine since I installed it but now I can’t seem to save gifs at all. I just get a message saying unable to save at this time. I try again a day or 2 later and it still won’t save
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Daniel Farrelly
- 30.8 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Unrestricted Web Access Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- © 2021 Daniel Farrelly
- In-App Purchases
- GIFwrapped Premium $7.99
- GIFwrapped Premium $0.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.