Collect your GIFs. Share them. Love them! If you're a GIF connoisseur, then you need an app that's as serious about them as you are. That's where GIFwrapped comes in.
• Use iCloud or Dropbox to add new GIFs and sync your collection. Keep your GIFs on multiple devices and have a backup in the cloud. The digital cloud. No one keeps GIFs in real clouds anymore, everything gets too wet.
• Use the bundled Messages app to share GIFs from your Library with your friends in seconds. No muss, no fuss.
• Drag and drop GIFs en mass to and from GIFwrapped. Drag them all! Drag them good!
• Find new GIFs using Giphy powered search! Just bang in a phrase like "cat" or "lumpy space princess" and be prepared for pure awesome to rain down on you from the heavens.
• Import GIFs, Bursts, and Live Photos from your Photo Library. Save them back to Photos, too, if that's your jam.
• Use an extension to quickly save images to your library! It's not sexy or anything, but it is super easy and probably fun by someone's standards!
• Preview GIFs in standard or retina quality. It all depends on whether you like pixels or not.
Upgrade your GIF game even further by subscribing to GIFwrapped Premium for US$3.49 per year (may vary from country to country), which unlocks awesome features, removes ads, and supports an independent creator.
• Turn off ads. I hate 'em as much as your do, but a guy's gotta eat.
• Bookmark searches for easy access the next time you want them. These things are important for those GIF standoffs your's somehow always getting into.
• Reuse, and recycle, your search history as a list of bookmarks, so revisiting the past doesn't need to involve time travel… or memory.
• Additional information about images within the Into panel, including number of frames, duration, and more. That way you can know your GIFs inside and out.
• Turn off the embedded watermark in Bursts and Live Photos. I mean, liking GIFwrapped is one thing, but to plaster the logo over GIFs of your pets? Probably a bit much.
If you choose to subscribe to GIFwrapped Premium, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and the subscription will automatically renew within 24 hours of the end of the current period. You can manage this in Account Settings. Cancel your subscription at least 24 hours before the end of the current period to let it lapse.
Terms of Service: https://gifwrapped.co/terms
The quest to stabilise v2 continues with a bunch of additional tweaks and changes to alleviate various crashes, failures to launch, and straight up freezing. I know these problems have continued to affect many of you, even after I patched a number of problems, so thank you all for being patient while I worked on sorting these new ones out.
- The iCloud on-boarding was being unnecessarily displayed if the Library's metadata hadn't been loaded in time to determine if it was necessary. To resolve this, I've forced it to wait for the metadata to be ready, and otherwise added a flag so if you see it once, you'll never see it again.
- Opening images from Files.app was a little weird under certain circumstances. I made a small change that should ensure we correctly handle any downloading that needs to happen in the background, so the app doesn't get stage fright and freeze up before displaying the image.
- When searching (by actually hitting the Search key), the queries were often being run twice: once to grab the result prior to displaying them, and then again, upon actually displaying them. This was caused by the status of the first query being cleared out when dropping the items into the UI, so stopping that from happening quickly sorted things out.
- Search wasn't always showing useful errors… like if GIFwrapped doesn't have permission to access Photos, or if there's no internet. This didn't make sense to me, so I tracked down the underlying problems and fixed them, resulting in an overall much improved search experience for all!
- The Library's messages about having no results were at best unnecessary, and at worst confusing as all get out. I've stopped it from displaying when there's more important content (like actual results), and tweaked the copy to better indicate how one uses the new universal search bar.
- While working on other issues, I stumbled upon a small piece of code that could potentially cause big lockups, due to reading files from the main thread (definitely a no-no). Under the best possible circumstances, it should only ever have caused a little stuttering when scrolling, but that sort of thing has a tendency to balloon out… so I fixed it.
As always, I do try to be available if you run into problems while using GIFwrapped, so just toss an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or hit me up @gifwrapped on Twitter. I'm here to help!
Ratings and Reviews
Fellow Gif nerds - this is the one!
So easy to use, fantastic search function, heaps of awesome features. There’s nothing not to love!
great for twitter gifs
Perfect for gifs, thank you 😇🙏😘
Clever app and very funny
As someone else said, hilarious menu and update descriptions (try deleting a gif sometime), I love it!
Gifwrapped is easy to use on your phone, and to sync with your Dropbox. I didn't have a Dropbox, but was easy enough to create one.
Now, if I'm on a PC and find a gif I want, I save it straight to my Dropbox, if I am on my phone, I save it to photos then import it. And you can then delete it out of your photo library (took me a bit to work that out but that's cos I'm a noob).
Love this app and reckon it will go viral :D
- Daniel Farrelly
- 36 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 Daniel Farrelly
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $2.99
- All the Things $14.99
- GIFwrapped Premium $4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.