Collect your GIFs. Share them. Love them! If you're a GIF connoisseur, then you need an app that's as serious about them as you are. That's where GIFwrapped comes in.
• Use iCloud or Dropbox to add new GIFs and sync your collection. Keep your GIFs on multiple devices and have a backup in the cloud. The digital cloud. No one keeps GIFs in real clouds anymore, everything gets too wet.
• Use the bundled Messages app to share GIFs from your Library with your friends in seconds. No muss, no fuss.
• Drag and drop GIFs en mass to and from GIFwrapped. Drag them all! Drag them good!
• Find new GIFs using Giphy powered search! Just bang in a phrase like "cat" or "lumpy space princess" and be prepared for pure awesome to rain down on you from the heavens.
• Import GIFs, Bursts, and Live Photos from your Photo Library. Save them back to Photos, too, if that's your jam.
• Use an extension to quickly save images to your library! It's not sexy or anything, but it is super easy and probably fun by someone's standards!
• Preview GIFs in standard or retina quality. It all depends on whether you like pixels or not.
Upgrade your GIF game even further by subscribing to GIFwrapped Premium for US$3.49 per year (may vary from country to country), which unlocks awesome features, removes ads, and supports an independent creator.
• Turn off ads. I hate 'em as much as your do, but a guy's gotta eat.
• Bookmark searches for easy access the next time you want them. These things are important for those GIF standoffs your's somehow always getting into.
• Reuse, and recycle, your search history as a list of bookmarks, so revisiting the past doesn't need to involve time travel… or memory.
• Additional information about images within the Into panel, including number of frames, duration, and more. That way you can know your GIFs inside and out.
• Turn off the embedded watermark in Bursts and Live Photos. I mean, liking GIFwrapped is one thing, but to plaster the logo over GIFs of your pets? Probably a bit much.
If you choose to subscribe to GIFwrapped Premium, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and the subscription will automatically renew within 24 hours of the end of the current period. You can manage this in Account Settings. Cancel your subscription at least 24 hours before the end of the current period to let it lapse.
Terms of Service: https://gifwrapped.co/terms
Here come another set of bug fixes and… uh… performance improvements, ready to make life a little easier when wielding your favourite GIFs.
- For the last few releases, some users have been seeing a crash on launch that I just couldn't figure out. It turns out the cause was that some libraries contained images with duplicate identifiers (something that GIFwrapped uses to manage an image on-device). This isn't supposed to happen, but apparently it had, so I put some measures in place to allow the duplicates to be gracefully ignored, and no more crashes!
- A seemingly minor (but ham-fisted) change in a recent release meant that a number of users were seeing a problem where their Library would seem empty, but really it was just taking its sweet time to load things up. I reverted the change and made a different attempt at fixing the issue that I'd originally been trying to resolve, and the behaviour should once again be back to normal.
- I had also heard rumours about libraries appearing empty for an entirely different reason, and it turns out that on rare occasions, GIFwrapped would identify the type of a GIF to be some private Apple nonsense instead of the standard affair. Because GIFwrapped doesn't declare support for the former (I didn't know it existed), it "helpfully" filtered those items out of the Library, so I made a change to link the two types, and that should resolve this episode of the case of the missing GIFs!
- When an error was being displayed, the preview screen could act a little funky: if you opened the info panel, the message wouldn't get out of the way like it should. It looked weird, so I fixed it.
- When launching in split view on iPad—if using a version of iOS that we're not going to mention—there was a crash that would occur due to a method call that happens much earlier than it's supposed to. I added some checks for when things haven't finished loading up, and we can forget about this one for now.
- I had to pull out Sentry, an alternative crash-reporting system I'd been trialing in the last few releases (since the launch of 2.0), due to its cost being untenable. This doesn't mark the end of my attempts to move away from Crashlytics in the long term, but it's the best solution for the moment.
Thanks for using GIFwrapped, and taking the time to check the release notes! Please don't hesitate to throw an email towards firstname.lastname@example.org with comments and problems, or hit up @gifwrapped on Twitter.
Ratings and Reviews
Fellow Gif nerds - this is the one!
So easy to use, fantastic search function, heaps of awesome features. There’s nothing not to love!
great for twitter gifs
Perfect for gifs, thank you 😇🙏😘
Clever app and very funny
As someone else said, hilarious menu and update descriptions (try deleting a gif sometime), I love it!
Gifwrapped is easy to use on your phone, and to sync with your Dropbox. I didn't have a Dropbox, but was easy enough to create one.
Now, if I'm on a PC and find a gif I want, I save it straight to my Dropbox, if I am on my phone, I save it to photos then import it. And you can then delete it out of your photo library (took me a bit to work that out but that's cos I'm a noob).
Love this app and reckon it will go viral :D
- Daniel Farrelly
- 36.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 Daniel Farrelly
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $2.99
- All the Things $14.99
- GIFwrapped Premium $4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.